Author Topic: Keto: typos  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Keto: typos
« on: September 21, 2005, 02:16:18 PM »
Keto.tra

@447  = ~Oh, good morning Anomen. Were you saying something?~
@603  = ... Thank you for sitting to talk with me <CHARNAME>. ...
@609 = same as @603
@691  = ~Ah, yet are there not also all manner of ruffians in the city to be wary of?~ - you may want to rephrase this.
@1055 = ~(sigh) With all due respect Keldorn--mind your own business.~
@1280 = ~Hmm? Oh, thanks Aerie.~
@1310 - nomenclature - "fourth wall breakage" warning, from the one born in USSR.
@1362 = ~Heh, oh, come on now, it's a good meaning! You don't like it?~ ~I happen to think love is a beautiful concept and makes for a beautiful name, but not everyone understands.~  -  do two lines really work like this?
@1524 = ~Watch your feet, waela! - "waela" meens "foolish", not "foolish one" or "female fool".
@2221 = ~Need I say that I think this is a bad idea, <CHARNAME>? Picking a pocket, well, that's one thing... taking some things out of someone's home, that's worse... but robbing a temple? I don't know about this, <CHARNAME>.~  - two CHARNAMES sound a little heavy.
@2335 = ~Aye! "I Fought a Mad Elf Twice, and Won!" It'll be the talk from here to the plains, you can count on that.~ [FWKETOL9]  - er, "Planes"?

That's not all - just the ones that jumped at me, and those I really wanted to be corrected. Me, I'll live without commas separating the two sentences or the like. Addressing, however, I'd clean out.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Keto: typos
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 02:59:42 PM »
@1362 = ~Heh, oh, come on now, it's a good meaning! You don't like it?~ ~I happen to think love is a beautiful concept and makes for a beautiful name, but not everyone understands.~  -  do two lines really work like this?

You're right that it is a mistake. When there are two strings like that, the second is the line for dialogf.tlk, but obviously that wasn't my intent, it's one of the places (I think there might be a couple of others) where I made a mistake in the coding and forgot the = for multisay.

Anyway, all noted. I'd like to finally get Keto V3 out the door soon, so I'll make the appropriate changes, thanks.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 11:11:44 AM »
@1524 = ~Watch your feet, waela! - "waela" meens "foolish", not "foolish one" or "female fool".

Okay, I'll bite. What does, then?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:25:59 AM »
"waela jalil" might.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 02:49:49 PM »
I went back to my online dictionary source and "wael" seems to do fine on its own. "waela" is the adjective (foolish) form. In any case, corrected for next version.

Offline trance1881

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 09:05:04 PM »
i found a misspelling it occurs  when Keto talks to the PC and tells him the story about Brace and the letter. the line is," Two difference warlocks worked their magics to try to find evidence of a planar gate, a rift in space, a stitch in time, by they, too, went away shaking their heads.  difference needs to be different and by needs to be but. i think it would shound better if it was Two different warlocks worked their magic in an attempt to find evidence of a planar gate, a rift in space, or a stitch in time. but, they too left shaking their heads.
I'll wipe your filthy lineage right outta the realm!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: