Author Topic: Double Installation Question  (Read 2866 times)

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
Double Installation Question
« on: April 06, 2004, 05:46:42 PM »
I was able to install a second SoA, but I can't figure out how to install a second ToB. Every time I run the ToB setup it says "Would you like to uninstall ToB"? Right now, I have the normal "BGII-SoA" folder with ToB (and many mods) in it, and I have a folder named "BGIIEmily" containing only SoA. Is it OK to just copy and paste?
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
Re: Double Installation Question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 06:46:12 PM »
CamDawg outlines a multiple installation procedure "here". The first post contains the relevant information.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 07:03:07 PM »
Thanks, but the problem with that method is that I'd have to un-install the many mods I have in the game and I doubt it would end up clean. (I don't WANT to stroke Anomen's thigh, darn it!)
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline hlidskialf

• Owner of the first chair with an ale-fridge
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 01:43:59 AM »
Make a backup copy of your current savegames, override folder, dialog.tlk, chitin.key, and weidu.log files. Move 'em somewhere safe. If you later slap these on a clean installation, your game will be identical to the original. The only case this won't come true is if you installed mods that add new biffs to the game. (eg. TDD, BP, BGT, SoS, CtB, etc...) In that case, you need to copy over the relevant .bif files from the data folder as well.
This all works fine, I do it all the time. If I had to do a full reinstallation just to mess around with some mods my BG discs would be the size of quarters...  :o
Unknown to most, hlidskialf is the first incarnation of the eternal warrior with a beer fridge in his chair.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: