Got the final HLA for Conductor working!
And man, it's just way cool! Think of a bolt of lightning striking your Conductor, followed by Chain Lightnings streaming from his feet and hitting everyone nearby (though it doesn't bounce). Survivors are then struck by a wave of fire (aka Comet effect) bursting out from about the Conductor, and everyone it hits gets a mini-blast under their feet (aka Celestial Fury effect) Nice screen candy, though it would totally suck on a slow comp...
For the record, the Conductor is a Bard kit that has a direct damage song, which I'm working on, and details are as follows
- +10% Electrical Resistance every 4 levels
- may have up to 2 points in Single Weapon Wielding and Short Sword Wielding
level 5 : Bard Song damages nearby opponents for 10 electrical damage for failed Save vs Spells
level 15 : Bard Song damages nearby opponents for 10 electrical damage and 10 fire damage for failed Save vs Spells at -1
- may only have Proficiency Points in Long Sword, Short Sword, Bastard Sword, Katana, Scimitar, Dagger and Single Weapon Style
- while Bard song is in effect, movement rate is reduced to 4
- Conductivity - Reduces enemy's saving throws against the Song's effect by -2, so that they now Save vs Spells at -3 to avoid taking damage from the Conductor's song.
- Explosive Discharge (requires Conductivity) - Increases the damage caused by the Conductor's song from 10 lightning damage and 10 fire damage to 15 lightning damage and 15 fire damage.
- Mobility (requires Explosive Discharge) - Only Available at level 31. The Conductor can move about more freely when employing his song. Instead of his movement being reduced to 4 when singing, he now only takes a -2 modifier to movement.
- Lightning Fury (requires Explosive Discharge) - The Conductor employs magic with his specialised skill to channel electrical and explosive power from above through his very person. This causes 2d10 lightning and 2d10 fire damage to himself, and stuns him for 2 seconds. All enemies within a 30' radius first get hit by a wave of flowing lightning causing 8d10 lightning damage, and survivors are struck by a powerful explosive wave of fire that does 8d10 fire damage. Half of all the damage done by the spell bypasses resistance ; the other half is subject to resistance and Save vs Spells at -6 modifier. All enemies caught in the spell also have to Save vs Spells at -4 or be stunned for 12 seconds.
Lightning Fury is meant to be a cross between Dragons Breath and Comet, with half bypassing resistance and half not, and is a lot less useful than it looks. Not only does the Conductor take damage, but because it only affects enemies around him like when casting Sunfire, he has to stand in the middle of the enemy to cast this, he becomes visible as he casts it (it is an Attack spell), he takes damage when he finishes casting it AND gets stunned for 2 seconds AFTER finishing it. So visuals aside, I doubt it's too powerful.
That being said though, I'm not sure if I should still implement the +10% Electrical Resistance every 4 levels and the 2 proficiency points in Short Sword and Single weapon, for fear it would make the kit too powerful.
What do you guys think ?