Author Topic: What's in This Collection? - **VERSION 2.0 RELEASED!**  (Read 19854 times)

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
What's in This Collection? - **VERSION 2.0 RELEASED!**
« on: September 11, 2005, 12:38:08 PM »
** VERSION 2.0 NOW RELEASED **

Here's a collection of quite a few of my Miscellaneous Mods since I started working on them ;)
UPDATE v2.0 - now separated into 3 Groups - Convenience, XP Management and Balance.

Alternate, Accelerated Ust Natha Route (Convenience)
At long last, players who hoped for "DBG for the Underdark" have a solution. This mod makes it possible to complete the Underdark sequence of Chapter 5 much more quickly, in a hopefully seamless fashion ;)

Improved Statue of Riddles (Convenience)
This component makes it possible to complete the Statue of Riddles puzzle without so much extra clicking.

Transfer Yoshimo's XP (XP Management)
This component makes it possible to "transfer" Yoshimo's experience either to Imoen, or to the rest of the party in the event Imoen is dismissed from the maze.

Solo With a Party AI Script (Convenience)
This Mod is for those who want to try out a Solo game, yet also wish to enjoy party banter, have someone to disarm/detect traps, or romance an NPC. It is also for those who import a powerful PC and don't wish to babysit their party members on a playthrough with a new NPC, and hate having to lug the slow-moving party along.
UPDATE v2.0 - no longer interrupts spellcasting, and is applied to Individual Party Members.

Item Nerfs & Balancing (Balance)
This Mod aims to weaken the items in BG2 : SoA & ToB to provide a greater challenge in gameplay.
Note that this Mod does not reduce the quality of items, such as their enchantment level, but mainly focuses on their abilities as a candidate for reduction. The Mod is divided into 3 components, as follows.

- Primary Nerfs - Reducing Overpowered Items
- Secondary Reductions - Instant Kill Reductions
- Periphery Tweaks - Less Noteable Items

Remove Alignment Restrictions for all Items (Convenience)
Since BG2 seems slanted towards Good Guys, and the Alignment checks for item usage are at least a little inconsistent, this component completely removes all alignment restrictions for all items. Class restrictions remain.
Note that this component is a patch, and as such only affects Items which have been installed before this component.

Stage Based XP Cap (XP Management)
This Mod aims to return some challenge to SoA and ToB by setting different XP Caps for different stages of the game. For SoA, the stages of the game are denoted by varying Chapters; for ToB, the stages of the game are denoted by Challenges in the Pocketplane. There are 4 sets of XP Caps - Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard.
These XP Caps, combined with the right difficulty setting inside the game, should be able to make even Spellhold a decent challenge for most, and the players may choose to leave some quests or parts thereof for Chapter 6.
During gameplay, every time a party member exceeds the XP Cap for that stage, the person loses 50,000 XP. This loss is clearly shown and will serve as notice for the gamer that it is time to "move on" to the next stage.
There's also an XP Restorer for those who are concerned about long-term "wastage" of XP ;) though it does make things somewhat easier.

Uber Weapon for Testing (Convenience)
This is just an item that kills every enemy within a 30' radius or so of the wielder when equipped. It is intended for use by mod developers and testers, but it is yours to use or abuse as you see fit.

Expanded Spell Progressions (Balance)
This component expands and enhances the spell progression for higher-level rangers and bards, to give them access to more and higher-level spells. Separate Components for Bards and Rangers.
NEW v2.0 - Added Component for Paladins

VERSION 2.0 ADDITIONS

Hidden Uber Kit - Reaver Kit
(Convenience)
An uber kit that can do all the functions of a Fighter, Thief and Mage, and to some extent, of a Cleric and Druid. It advances as a Thief so its pretty quick. Read the Readme to learn how to get this "Hidden" Kit. With this Character, you don't have to worry about Party Composition anymore, just take whoever you want, when you want.

Auto-Sell Script (Convenience)
No more worries about Reputation, or running back to the town to sell something. Just get the Bag of Selling from Sister Garlena at Watcher's Keep, then use this script and you can sell items as you go, even while you're fighting!
NOTE : May not be advisable for SLOW systems.

XP Evener Script (Convenience)
Hate doing NPC Quests because the said NPC is too low level? Dislike baby-sitting low level NPCs? This script brings the NPC up to within 300K of your character's XP level, so no more worries about leaving NPCs out of Quests. XP-wise, you can just take whoever you want, whenever you want.

Item Stat Bonuses (Balance)
Changes Set Stat items like Crom Faeyr and Ring of Human Influence to provide a bonus instead. 18-19 converted to +2, 20-22 converted to +3, and 23-25 converted to +4 Stat.
2 Separate components, first for STR-setting Items, other for items that affect all other Stats.

Halves To Hit & Damage Bonuses (Balance)
The ridiculous number of +2 and above items makes Melee combat in BG2 full of absurd bonuses. This component halves all the bonuses they give in To Hit & Damage calculations. Enchantment remains the same so that they can damage those creatures that they need to.

You can see further details on the Homepage - http://www.pocketplane.net/zyraen :)

Thanks for reading this :) Hope you like at least some of them. Feel free to create Topics on them to comment as you like.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:37:47 AM by Zyraen »
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
Re: What's in This Collection?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 02:51:29 PM »
Very interesting, pity download seems to be out of order...
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 03:21:12 PM »
Yeah, very interesting indeed! Download is fixed, by the way; I had problems, too, but now it downloaded OK.

A small question, though - "Solo With a Party AI Script" component - what will it look like for me in the game? Will the party members appear off-screen, or is it just a powerful script which guides all their actions? Sorry if the question seems silly, I was just too intrigued not to ask.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 03:21:18 PM »
Should be fixed now. It's unclear why it wasn't working in the first place.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 03:21:37 PM »
A small question, though - "Solo With a Party AI Script" component - what will it look like for me in the game? Will the party members appear off-screen, or is it just a powerful script which guides all their actions? Sorry if the question seems silly, I was just too intrigued not to ask.

The README gives quite a bit of detail on how this component operates.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 08:18:01 PM »
Just to reiterate, all the stand-alone files have been removed from my Geocities site, which means that all the *Readme* files, as well as the *Download files*, have also been removed.

For Readme details, you can look up the Readme from the link at http://www.pocketplane.net/zyraen

Thanks!

Edit : removed the Obsolete Links in this forum
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 01:16:33 AM by Zyraen »
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
Re: What's in This Collection? - **VERSION 2.0 RELEASED!**
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 09:38:53 AM »
VERSION 2.0 RELEASED :) Check the Topic for New components. Links have already been updated.

Enjoy!

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 08:10:50 AM »
New version looks nice, but sadly the download link just returns me to the PPG index page.

edit: I was able to download it from an IEGMC mirror, yay! :)

even more edit: duh, the current link here at PPG leads to zymisc1.zip, simply change it to zymisc2.zip and it works.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:57:43 AM by Gorilym »

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 10:53:03 AM »

http://mods.pocketplane.net/zyraenmods/zymisc2.zip

Offline coaster

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 01:45:36 PM »
Some great stuff here.

Any chance of a tutu version of the Reaver kit? I'd love to play it from Candlekeep. I did try installing it over my easytutu installation, but no joy  :'(

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 01:16:33 AM »
I'm afraid I have no BG1 ^^;; nor Tutu. If another programmer likes this Misc Pack and would like to adopt it so that it is tutu compatible, please go ahead.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
Reaver works perfectly well in Tutu.  Trust me, I've tried it.  Because Tutu uses the BG2 engine, it allows the kit.  I had to do some SK'ing to get to the level I needed (you need to be level 7) but otherwise it worked fine.

However, for Reaver to work properly in Tutu (that is, without the cheese), it needs to be adjusted to kick in at level 1, or possibly level 2.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline coaster

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 03:37:30 PM »
Ah, okay. I only tried levelling up once (via clua console) & dualling from level 2. But yes, ideally I'd like to be able to play it from the low levels - I appreciate the Reaver is a kit for kicking ass, but level 7 at Candlekeep is a bit much...

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »
Hey Zyraen,

Do you still have a copy of version 1 (zymisc1.zip) that I could get?  It's to help me figure out some multiple mod problems I'm having.

Thank you,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
afraid not :( what's the problem you facing? perhaps PM me ?

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 02:29:12 PM »
Hey Zyraen,

It's not so much a problem, as it's trying to make several mod versions compatible with some mods I'm working on.  So does anyone still have a copy of zymisc1.zip that they could e-mail me?

Thank you,
LoneRogue

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 06:06:13 AM »
If you still need one, I possibly have one on my old computer.  I think I kept every file Zyraen ever sent me!  Let me know - thanks.  I won't check until I know whether you want it, I only have one setup and changing over the computers means climbing under the desk to change the cables.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 11:40:14 AM »
Hey Silk,

That would be great!  ;D  Please e-mail zymisc1.zip to lonerogue26@yahoo.com

You da bomb!!

Thank you ever so much,
LoneRogue

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
I am so seriously going to kick myself!!  I climbed under the desk, changed over the computers, did a search and found the damn file in a folder that I'd transferred to this computer anyway!!!  It contains all my mods for BGII.  Damn and blast.

Anyway, email being sent ... and you're welcome.  Hope it helps.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: