Author Topic: Drow Pictures  (Read 24468 times)

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
    • http://usera.imagecave.com/Zanari/Zanari/
Drow Pictures
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:44:11 AM »
Drow pictures
http://usera.imagecave.com/Zanari
http://neppyman.irulethe.net/dndwho/
I took the test and this is what I am or so it says.

Chaotic Good Elf Ranger Druid
Follower Of Solonor Thelandria

Alignment:
Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.

Race:
Elves are the eldest of all races, although they are generally a bit smaller than humans. They are generally well-cultured, artistic, easy-going, and because of their long lives, unconcerned with day-to-day activities that other races frequently concern themselves with. Elves are, effectively, immortal, although they can be killed. After a thousand years or so, they simply pass on to the next plane of existance.

Primary Class:
Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

Secondary Class:
Druids are a special variety of Cleric who serves the Earth, and can call upon the power in the earth to accomplish their goals. They tend to be somewhat fanatical about defending natural settings.

Deity:
Solonor Thelandria is the Chaotic Good elven god of archery and the hunt. He is also known as the Keen Eye, the Great Archer, and the Forest Hunter. His followers respect nature, and only hunt when needed, but are quick to defend the forest from intruders. Their favorite weapon is the bow, and they tend to be extremely talented with it. Solonor Thelandria's symbol is an arrow with green fletchings
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 01:10:31 AM by Zanari »
Bravery is For Idiots and Courage is For The Insane.
Guess that makes me and Insane Idiot.

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
Re: Drow Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:46:37 AM »
Oppps  hadn`t meant to do it twice...Sorry I dont know how to fix it either.....

I guesss I just wanted to share some of the great Drow Pictures that I have found over the net......

Zanari

Offline Neferit

• feeble-minded
  • Planewalker
  • Master of Czenglish
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 09:17:10 AM »
All of these pictures are nice  ;)

Offline Vappour

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:32:49 AM »
Excellent.  Why no females (Viconia, Phaere, generic handmaiden, etc.)?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 11:51:25 AM by Vappour »

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 09:55:44 PM »
I just added a ton more pictures to the female album and several to the rest of the albums.

Hope you enjoy...

And once again I have not made any of these pictures........just found them on various websites.....

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:45:59 PM »
The Site is Down Temporarily.....
Sorry for the inconvenience......

Offline Vappour

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 04:22:16 PM »
I checked out the photos yesterday, when your site was still up.  The pictures are beautiful.  Really fine work.

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 10:00:42 PM »
Thankyou
I will continue to add pictures as I find them......female ones  as well

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 10:02:16 PM »
I dont know what the matter was earlier but when I checked on the site none of the pictures were showing up...
Must have been a glitch in my CPU?....

Site is working fine now......

Another great place for Drow Pics,Drizzt mainly is Lavandereyes

http://lavendereyes.rivkashome.com/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 02:55:10 AM by Zanari »

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 06:32:41 PM »
I have added a some more pictures to the female album and a few to the rest....
I will continue to add pictures as I find them......

Once again,These wonderful pictures are not mine.They belong to their Respective creators.

Zanari

Offline Vappour

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 10:18:12 AM »
Isn't it amazing how such beautiful people can have such dark hearts?  I'm playing a game with the Yasraena NPC mod who's portraint was done by XIII.  Have you seen that? 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:20:42 AM by Vappour »

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 12:14:57 AM »
No I haven`t but I do read alot of the Forgotten realms books especially by RA Salvator.And beautiful  people with dark hearts are not the only race to act like that.....
I know quite a few people in RL that are rotten to the core but pretty to look at..
It is allways a shame people act that way.......Probally why I turn to games and books to get away from all that.......

I wonder who did the picture shure would like to add it to the ones I have put up.....

Maybe I should start putting down the names of the people who created the pictures?

Zanari
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 12:16:59 AM by Zanari »

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 08:15:31 AM »
Yes, you should try to attribute them to the respective authors, or at least put a visible sign that they are not your work. I thought I recognized one or two by Catti-Drizzt, for example, the artist who had removed her work from the Internet entirely because of such publishing w/o attribution.
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 10:29:34 AM »
I thought That I should have done that in the first place.
By no means was this anything other than an attempt  to share some of the great pictures that I have found on the web  by various artist...
And if I have offended anyone that was not my intent........

Zanari

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
In Case anyone was wondering.
Some of these pictures  that I have found were at.
Renderosity.
Deviant Art.
Lavender Eyes.
ElfWood.
Neverwinter website.
Some of the Wonderful Artist were and are.
Darrkest Drow.
GoldSeven
Tod Lockwood
Cattie Drizzt.
To name a few..
I have checked into putting up a Disclaimer at Image Cave but was Unsuccesful
So I will  List them here from time to time and  Continue to tell people as I have in my posts that the pictures were  in no way created by me....

Like I have said I just wanted to share some of these great Pictures that I have found on various web sites by Great Artists....

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 02:09:06 PM »
I did not mean to sound harsh, it is just always the best to let the artist know that you display his or her work if it is publically searchable/available/downloadable. From your list, I think at least Catti-Drizzt and Gold Seven had appealed to public on this account. I think it was Gold Seven who had been shown her own drawings as a 'cool work' of someone else. So, just try to be as explicit as possible about the authorships. :)
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 03:43:23 PM »
I know I had thought that I was being  careful enough...
But I will try harder.I even went  and emailed all the authors I could find  and have asked if it was allright....As I have said before it was never my intent to Offend anyone just share......

Zanari

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 06:29:10 PM »
I Havent gotten any replies back so I am going to rename the pictures by the artists name for instance.
ByDarrkestDrow.Jpg
And hopefully that will be enough....

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 09:43:06 PM »
That test was funny.  There were a few questions (great wyrm) where I would have asked, how strong am I?  I ended up being a Neutral Evil Thief/Fighter.  No wonder I always play Fighter/Thieves as chaotic neutral...(2nd choice in alignment).

Nice pictures too, drows are my favorite race, though I've always thought them to be waaay overpowered.

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2005, 08:08:58 AM »
I thought the test was really cool to....Have always been the Ranger type..Lover of woods and animals so It didnt surprise me any.When it said I was ...

The main reason I started to look for Drow Elf Pictures.Was to play Solaufein Mod
It is very well put together mod and I wanted the perfect picture I could find...
Hince the Web site...
I think Drow are underpowered and have way to many weakness to be of any USE..

Offline Vappour

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 02:11:55 PM »
Zanari:  I agree with your assessment of the Drow.  Their society fascinates me (i.e. proper role(s) of *males* vs. *females*, power of Lolth,  etc., etc.).  I have the feeling that those rules were needed at one time long ago but have become unnecessary and, worst of all, regressive, diminishing and debilitating.   I'm curious, however, as to your reasons.  Would you elaborate?  Thanks.

Offline Zanari

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 07:58:47 PM »
I think it might be a little to complicated for me to explain this but I will try.
For one thing I feel that they are weakend by their lack of Natural Affection,It is one thing to be evil but something else entirely  to care  about nothing...In this way they are underpowered.That is not to say that They are physically weak or incapable of being the Billy Badasses that they are I just think that because of their emotional  deficiency  they can not function as well as they could...My God if you took a normal Drow Elf and added all that they lacked as a whole,Look out world cause there would be no stopping them.....
Now on the other hand I DO admire the Drow because of their unique society and that makes them more than the killing machines that they are portrayed to be.

Zanari

Offline Vappour

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2005, 02:59:22 PM »
Sorry I haven't replied in a while.  Re the Drow, I note the White Dragon Adalon's statement that the "Drow's treachery is in their beauty."  An interesting observation.  I would also like very much to know more about the Drow's early history -- i.e. when they completely split from the surface elves and exiled themselves to the Underdark.  The whole idea of a brutal matriarchal society with such rigid roles for the sexes (males should do "this" vs. females should do "that" intrigues me).  In many cases, it sounds like their referring more to farm animals vis a vis people.  Perhaps certain necessities from the very early days (e.g. need to increase population, etc.) have become institutionalized (culturally ingrained) in modern times even though they no longer serve any real purpose.  One of the situations that comes up in the "romance" with Viconia during the SoAII game takes place when she is tired and asks the PC to complete their "coupling" as quickly as possible so she can rest.  The PC has the opportunity to explain to her that men and women do not need to "couple" in order to show affection for one another.  Just holding each other can be quite enough, and he effectively shows her.  Her reaction the next morning is both pivotal to their realtionship and very interesting.  I think the PC/Viconia relationship -- especially in ToB and especially what must be shown her if she is to changes her alignment -- is the most interesting in the game (unmodded game, that is).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 03:02:26 PM by Vappour »

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2005, 03:31:03 PM »
Drow were once call Ilithyri, ie the Elves of the South. It is usually accepted that they always had the dark skin; but some also say that Corellon marked them that way after Lolth's betrail. Their patroness was Lolth, the wife of Corellion himself, who got corrupted and turned evil. Drow where the most developed and advanced among the elven nations. They were not quite so nice to the other elven tribes. To cut the long story short, some 5 thousand years ago, the Golden elves started the so called Crown Wars where most of other elves ended up united against the Illythiri. Illythiri were suffering the heavy losses, and Lolth lead them to the Underdark, where they took for theirs Dwarven strongholds and started the wars among themselves for the rulership. At some point they had that big magic confrontation in the biggest dwarven city,  and collapsed the thing, forming the great Rift. The survivors escaped and formed the separate city-states, a-la Menzo or Ust-Natha. Not all Drow cities are ruled by women, and not all of them are dominated by Lolth priestehood. There is a colony of drow on the surface, in the Forest of Myr, iirc. The Crown Wars also weakened the elven nations and they lost the dominance over the world they once conquered. Or something along these lines.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 03:33:16 PM by Ashara »
—George R.R. Martin

-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Offline Vappour

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2005, 04:12:22 PM »
Now that's some great stuff!!  I would be ever more interested in more sociological information about Drow socieity, if this kind of meterial is even available.  What's the reason/need for a society completely based on cruelty (Nazi's, SS...)?  Why do they hate/envy their surface couisins so much?  Why do they seem to covet certain aspects of the surface so strongly when the very light of the sun bothers them so?  Why do they feel the need to think they're so strong (the tempered steel heart nonsense)?  Why the Spiderqueen, Lolth, Shar and the rest of a very dark pantheon?  In many instances, it seems that they hate themselves most of all.   

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: