Author Topic: Anomen's restored paladin comment continues to elude me  (Read 2038 times)

random person

Anomen's restored paladin comment continues to elude me
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:25:08 AM »
When I first played BGII, with only SoA and the official patch, Anomen had a fit when we killed the paladins. I got a little bored after Spellhold, and when I started a new game, I had installed ToB and also started adding more bugfixes and mods (Baldurdash, a very few components of G3 and Ease of Use, banterpacks and flirtpacks). Went to Windspear Hills, and Anomen didn't say a thing. I tried to see what happened on an installation without the added stuff, and it didn't help. Now I've tried installing the fix from UB, and he still doesn't say anything. Is there any way the globals and locals added by the dialogue packs could be stopping the line from happening? Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

This is irking me almost as much as the fact that my character doesn't have anything to say to him in the Tree of Life :)

Offline fcm

• Muahaha?
  • Planewalker
  • Fresh
Re: Anomen's restored paladin comment continues to elude me
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 05:39:33 AM »
You know, I had the Tree of Life problem as well -- and my PC was in a realtionship with him. They turned to face eachother and then nothing happened. Hm. That was a while back, though. I have no idea what mods I had installed at the time.
Imbriglicated!

Offline BevH

• Beware the Wrath of a Teenage Tiefling
  • Planewalker
  • Your infernal taste for horseplay...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 10:36:34 PM »
I also had the problem with Anomen not saying anything at the Tree of Life.  This was like my first time through, so I didn't have any mods installed.  As for the Anomen comment regarding the paladins in Windspear Hills, I haven't had him say his line more than 2 or 3 times in all the times I've played.  I'm not sure what the trigger is for this, but it's nothing that UB does to change it.
~Bev~ (http://pages.prodigy.net/bah53/_images/angelsmiley.gif)

Hop on over to Gibberlings Three for Aklon, Delainy and:

(http://pages.prodigy.net/bah53/_images/Tiefbanner.jpg)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 01:09:05 PM »
I don't know either, but since it's probably not UB-related am moving to General Gaming. Someone there might know!
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 03:10:57 PM »
The 'no comment at the Tree of Life' issue is because the interjection requires line of sight between the NPC and the PC.  Make sure they can see each other and it will be fine or use the 'Valen and Sola style interjections' component from G3 Tweaks (this means line of sight is no longer required, just that they are in the party).
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

random person

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 03:22:37 AM »
I made sure Anomen (who is romanced) and my PC were staring at each other at the Tree of Life, and got nothing. Installed the interjections and he finally started gushing all over the PC :)

Also managed to somewhat fix my other problem. It seems Garren and Anomen had pretty much the same variables that made them speak, and when Garren spoke, he gave one of them a new value. Since Garren for some reason got to speak first, Anomen never got to say anything. Got it to work by changing Anomen's value for speaking to the value Garren set the variable to, but still would like Anomen to say his bit first :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: