Author Topic: SMACK TALK 9  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
SMACK TALK 9
« on: September 03, 2005, 12:42:25 PM »
Yes, this is the obligatory thread for boasting and baiting opponents for Iron Modder 9.

That's right. It's tomorrow.

Yeah, I know. The odds are good everyone will be drunk or lounged by the barbecue, and Ghreyfain will retain his pirate hat without even showing up.

I'm on-call this weekend, so I may have to stop modding and go to work during the hours of competition, but I'll still make something to fit the theme whether I'm a contender or not. So BE VERY AFRAID, YOU LANDLUBBERS. YOU WILL FEEL MY LLAMA WRATH. (While supplies last.)
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: SMACK TALK 9
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 10:57:05 PM »
Perhaps I will bring a CD from home with all my modding stuff on it, and do a mod at work!  Except not, because it's not really a job where one can do such things.  Oh well.  I'll make sure to glare at at least one customer, and I will glower not less than twice.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 01:41:21 AM »
I TOO WILL ENTER!!!!!!!!!

Somehow, in some way, possibly on a completely inappropriate theme. But I swear I shall enter an IM contest before it hits double figures! *shakes tiny, ineffectual fist of fury*

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:45:25 AM »
I think that doodling... wallaby, or whatever, would look pretty snazzy in a pirate hat.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 01:47:00 AM »
So you concede defeat?

(It's a dog, btw.  :'( The Footrot Flats dog to be precise.)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 01:54:11 AM »
I have to leave for work at the same time the theme is announced, sadly.  I guess this means that all you other people will actually have half a chance of winning this time. :P

Who knows, even a mongoosish aardvark type creature might win.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 02:00:00 AM »
These petty insults will only make my victory all the more sweet. (I'm not sure how, but they will.)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 02:15:54 AM »
That sounds exactly like something a weaselish, ferrety, hippy-wolf would say, so I can't take any offense.  I will, however, laugh if either a neophyte comes along and thumps you, or neither of us is able to compete, and a good smack-talk thread is wasted.

Ah, who am I kidding?  Such a thread is never wasted!

P.S. u suk!!!$
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 09:32:02 AM »
If at all possible, I will enter something. It may not be comprehensible, but I will rest warm-hearted in the knowledge that a stinky mod with one line of dialogue is enough to steal Ghreyfain's precious hat. It's a cruel, cruel world. Show no mercy, cliffette! No mercy!
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 01:17:56 PM »
Oops, Iron Modder... I was out. :(

Good luck to all combatants!
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 04:36:35 PM »
Work + Iron Modder do not mix.  :'(  I'll finish up this entry, because I liked the part I got to work on, but it'll be one of those non-judged exhibition-only dohickeys.

Good luck everyone!

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 04:46:34 PM »
I GOT THE TIMEZONE WRONG? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ME WAKING UP AT THE UNGODLY HOUR OF 7AM IF I AM NOT ABLE TO ENTER MY (crappy) ENTRY?!!!

But yeah, for other reasons as well, I think mine cannot be judged either. IM9's abit of a whimpery contest actually.

And.. and Ghrey smells! And his little X diagram where an avatar should be totally sucks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 05:21:00 PM by cliffette »

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 07:57:45 PM »
But yeah, for other reasons as well, I think mine cannot be judged either. IM9's abit of a whimpery contest actually.
Yes, it is a cosmically misaligned Iron Modder.The contest needs its chi cleansed or something. Or maybe I need a facial. Something like that.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 10:19:31 PM »
Yeah, we need the proverbial mulligan on this one. I got exactly one (1) entry in before the deadline and it didn't work properly. I'll do a writeup for our two stalwart at-least-close-to-on-time entrants (Katalyn and Cliffette) and then we'll sweep the dust out and try Iron Modder 9.5 someday.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 11:12:51 PM »
This is a sad day in Iron Modding.  This pirate is verging on tears.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Dark Raven

• Bloody Cynical
  • Planewalker
  • Flesh is the law
    • Chosen of Mystra
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 12:20:27 AM »
The writing is on the wall. It's the beginning of the end of IE modding. RIP.  :D
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Chosen of Mystra home to many mods.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 01:34:38 AM »
Yeah, we need the proverbial mulligan on this one.

I looked up the word 'mulligan' and aside from some reference to a golf-shot (zzz), have narrowed down the possibly relevant definitions to the following:

Mul·li·gan    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (ml-gn), Gerald Joseph. Known as “Gerry.” 1927-1996.
American jazz saxophonist and arranger known for his improvisational style and for introducing a jazz quartet without a piano as a standard group arrangement.

mulligan

n : Irish version of burgoo [syn: mulligan stew, Irish burgoo]

I figure you mean the latter, because we all stew in our incompetence and I like the word burgoo.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 02:24:46 AM »
I took Jason's meaning from back in the days I played Magic: the Gathering.  A mulligan was where you drew a really shit hand at the start and got the chance to re-draw.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 09:37:51 AM »
Its original meaning, so far as I'm aware, is a shot in a game of golf that you re-take without penalty, because it's a casual game and it was just that bad, etc.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 11:09:34 AM »
This is a sad day in Iron Modding.  This pirate is verging on tears.

But, on the bright side, we had someone new, Katalyn, to submit an entry. It's always awesome to have new people torture themselves with Iron Modder. So, yay Katalyn!

cliffette, I didn't count as new because she did a post-facto entry before. I was excited about cliffette competing, though, because she's the type who can come up with that really clever, witty stuff on the fly that woos the judges. Since this is Ghreyfain's NOT-SO SEKRIT WEAPON, I expect fulfillment of smack talk at some future juncture.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 03:37:42 PM »
(It's a dog, btw. :'( The Footrot Flats dog to be precise.)

The NEW ZEALAND Footrot Flats dog, by the way - although we don't mind lending him across the Tasman :P

(PS - Especially to one of Cliffette's humourous and inventive modding ability)
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 05:01:49 PM »
All I can say is: PREPARE TO BE DISAPPOINTED!! (or at the very least, confused).

*gnashes teeth on a golf ball*

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: