Author Topic: Serious Casting Problem  (Read 1647 times)

Offline onerous

• Planewalker
Serious Casting Problem
« on: August 31, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »
It may not be the mod itself but I thought I'd post here anyway since it has to do with Kelsey. The problem is that I will command Kelsey to cast a spell but instead of just casting that spell the game thinks I've cast another spell too. For instance, Kelsey has 4 lower resistance and breach spells. When he casts lower resistance the info box says he cast lower resistance but when I look at his "spell book" the number of breach spells available was lowered also though he never did so. So instead of having 3 lower resistance spells and 4 breach spells Kelsey now has 3 breach spells and 3 lower resistance spells as if he cast both at the same tiime.

It's the first time I've seen something like this happen. I was wondering if there is a wasy to reset something or other so it doesn't happen. I'd hate to restore a clean install so I thought I'd post here first.

Oh, I've tried pressing K and L on Kelsey's highlighted portrait and ctrl-y and ctrl-r too. I have a ton of mods too so if you need a list let me know. If anyone can help... Thanks in advanced.

Offline Sillara Tamar

• Princess
  • Planewalker
Re: Serious Casting Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:02:38 AM »
This appears to be simply the way the game handles sorcerer spell-casting.  Kelsey does not have "4 Breach" and "4 Lower Resistance" spells.  He has 4 5th-level spells.  He can cast either "breach" or "lower resistance", but, so soon as he casts one, the total number he can cast for the day decreases.

Sillara
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 08:40:52 AM by Sillara Tamar »

Offline onerous

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 08:28:27 AM »
Jeez, you would think this would be mentioned in the game manual or in the kit discription. Is it so hard to write "Instead of memorizing spells, the sorcerer chooses spell to cast at a level up and is limited to a certain number of spell castings per spell level." or something to this effect? Why have all the guess work? Grrr! >:(

Or maybe I'm just an idiot for not realizing this sooner. Someone delete this topic.  :-[

Offline Lord Kain

• "I was the 500th member on the old forgottenwars forum and all I got was this lousy title"
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 02:13:51 AM »
It does say that actually.
Now, at last, the masks had fallen away.  The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed.  Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me, more powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me - the first bitter taste of that terrible illusion:  Hope.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: