Author Topic: Unused/Curious dialog.tlk Entries  (Read 5900 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Unused/Curious dialog.tlk Entries
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:15:36 PM »
String References:
  • 216 (Chain Armor Of Darkness)
  • 326-327 (Some riddle - ELMINS.dlg)
  • 385 (Slime man - MTOWBE.dlg)
    I was attacked outside the city last week.  Weren't by bandits, but by a man who dissolved into slime when he died!  It's enough to make a man never leave the house!
  • 399 (Portal in Ulcaster School Ruins - MTOWBE.dlg)
    Rumor tells of a magical gate in the bottom o' the school ruins, but no-one knows where it leads.  Anywhere is better than that accursed place, if ye ask me!
  • 456 (Kagain find Entar Silvershield's son's body - KAGAIN.dlg)(The body of Entar Silvershield's son is not in the game.)
    Well, look what I found; this is the body of Silvershield's son.  Guess I'm in a lot of trouble now.  With him dead, I'll be a wanted dwarf.  From what I've gathered so far, all of you are after them damnable bandits.  Well, since my reputation is now mud how 'bout I help you gain revenge on those scum bags.
  • 746 (Volo leaves without paying - VOLOSE.dlg)
    If you will sir, the tab?  Mr. Volo was here for some time.
  • 1616 (Secret entrace to the Iron Throne building - HUSAM.dlg)
    A secrets route.  Oh ya, I know ones, a really goods one.  Ya know Krammoch Arhsstaff?  Ah it doeshn't matter.  His -hick- home's located righst beside the Iron Throne citadel.  He's in close with Rieltar, he he, know what I mean.  Wells anyways, he's gots a passage from hish bashement to the Throne's bashement.
  • 1667 (Uncovering the true identify of Eltan's 'healer' - TAMOKO3.dlg)
    Just follow the healer when he leaves the Flaming Fist stronghold.  He leaves at midnight every night.  If you follow him you'll learn his true identity.  Remember, don't kill him immediately, otherwise they'll just send another one in the exact form.  If you can kill him in full view of Eltan, then the Duke will be alerted to the real identity of his healer.
  • 1698-1709 (Being smuggled into Baldur's Gate - SMUGGL.dlg)
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,20149.0.html
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:45:02 PM by icelus »
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
Re: Unused/Curious dialog.tlk Entries
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:44:24 AM »
IIRC I found some other stuff relating to Eltan's 'healer'. I'll have written it down somewhere I'm sure.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 01:28:21 PM »
Heheh.  I'm not proud.  I'll take whatever I can get.  :)

Offline Arturcic

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 05:46:31 AM »
Hey, Kagain's dialog on Eltan's child appeared as a floating text over him last time I played tutu, but don't remember seeing it when I played standard BG I.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:10:05 PM »
Sounds like BG1NPC.  Do you have that installed?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 07:13:40 PM »
In BG1 NPC he has proper dialogue there, not just floating text.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 07:20:34 PM »
Hmm. I don't remember fixing that for Tutu. Someone else must've done it. (Maybe I was drunk or something.)

Offline Arturcic

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 02:35:33 AM »
I had BG1NPC project, but I remember having a floating text

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 08:17:28 PM »
I was attacked outside the city last week.  Weren't by bandits, but by a man who dissolved into slime when he died!  It's enough to make a man never leave the house!
The closest matches I can think of are Schlumpsa the Sewer King, and the (outrageously overpowered) Green Slimes that Ramazith summons in Ye Olde Inn. And neither of those are outside the city walls, but then again, Ramazith could have gone outside....

Rumor tells of a magical gate in the bottom o' the school ruins, but no-one knows where it leads.  Anywhere is better than that accursed place, if ye ask me!
I'd say to leave this in (it sounds somewhat like Raeolo Windspear in the Red Sheaf), as long as you can go find that person again and state that that's all it was--a rumor.

Well, look what I found; this is the body of Silvershield's son.  Guess I'm in a lot of trouble now.  With him dead, I'll be a wanted dwarf.  From what I've gathered so far, all of you are after them damnable bandits.  Well, since my reputation is now mud how 'bout I help you gain revenge on those scum bags.
I see no harm in re-implementing Kagain's "quest." It probably needs a Male Body in one of the wagon containers, though.

A secrets route.  Oh ya, I know ones, a really goods one.  Ya know Krammoch Arhsstaff?  Ah it doeshn't matter.  His -hick- home's located righst beside the Iron Throne citadel.  He's in close with Rieltar, he he, know what I mean.  Wells anyways, he's gots a passage from hish bashement to the Throne's bashement.
Replaced by the BG sewers--Iron Throne cellar access. This might be reversed, but I don't know of any map that would be a suitable basement for Arhstaff, or even show a trapdoor leading to a passage.

Just follow the healer when he leaves the Flaming Fist stronghold.  He leaves at midnight every night.  If you follow him you'll learn his true identity.  Remember, don't kill him immediately, otherwise they'll just send another one in the exact form.  If you can kill him in full view of Eltan, then the Duke will be alerted to the real identity of his healer.
Largely rendered irrelevant by the fact that it's impossible to follow the guy and still remain in view of Eltan, and also by the issue that Doppelgangers don't exactly hold conventions where they display their ture forms in front of everyone, nor would it be convenient to sneak your entire party back into the Iron Throne building without combat. I say leave this one where it lies.

Offline Arturcic

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 02:53:50 AM »
Replaced by the BG sewers--Iron Throne cellar access. This might be reversed, but I don't know of any map that would be a suitable basement for Arhstaff, or even show a trapdoor leading to a passage.

What about the "house" in the Werewolf Island in TotSC where the entrance to the caves is? That could make for a cellar, with the sacks and the little furniture.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 08:45:33 PM »
Copying this here so I don't forget it.

I'll dump this in here:

There is reference in the game from one of the farmers (something about a disaster at see near Beregost, and a journal entry with a blunt hint about Umberlee) and Tenya (some vague reference to doing something near Beregost) of some sort of Umberlee-related quest (such that Umberlee has decided to grant <CHARNAME> shelter at the temple in Baldur's Gate).

There is no real information as to what they're talking about, nor is there much water in the vicinity around Beregost, but it might be some sort of quest to make up.

EDIT: Some strings--
@381   = ~It was but a short ways from here, this tragic event I tell.  A score of men lost when their boats swamped.  Worst tragedy the fishing community's had in years.~
@1840  = ~Well.  I should say the mother and I expected to see you again at some point, though it was certainly not to be so soon.  I suppose it's to collect some sort of payment for your actions in Beregost.....hmmm?  ~
@1841  = ~To what dishonor do we owe your violating our temple.  Is it not you who served Umberlee in Beregost?  Such a promising introduction to be followed by your breaking onto our sacred ground.  State your purpose here!~
@6606  = ~A farmer told us about an accident at sea, where a dozen men lost their lives when their boat was swamped.  The Water Queen Umberlee's work, I wonder?~
@6340  = ~It has been decided you are to be safe here as need be.  Umberlee hath no love for thee or thy cause, but hath an interest anyway.  The inevitable chaos and turmoil that would follow a godly resurrection fall a touch too close to pleasing godly brethren like Talos.  Anything that would amuse him is to be.....discouraged.  Come and go as you wish, but do not advertise the fact that you can.~

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 09:11:52 PM »
Don't forget:
@8894  = ~Why haven't we gone to the SECRET BASE IN CLOAKWOOD!  Are we STUPID!  DO WE HAVE NO COMMON SENSE!  Maybe we should just frolic about naked, singing colorful little ditties until the Iron Throne finds us and HACKS US TO BITS! ....... Sorry, I got a little excited there.~

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 04:10:39 PM »
With the exception of the Volo stuff, I'm not very enthusiastic about restoring any of this.  Most of it is so sketchy and so much work for so little return. 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: