Author Topic: A question on Jaheira's romance (about dermin spawn).  (Read 14213 times)

Jan

A question on Jaheira's romance (about dermin spawn).
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:44:57 PM »
Hey guys,

I am playing through BG2 SOA right now.  I am romancing Jaheira, and I have reached to LT 40.  For some reason, I cannot get Dermin to appear.  I have finished Ployer quest, bandit event, and harper body return event.  I am at chapter 6, and I have not gone to Bodhi's lair yet.  I was wondering whether Jaheira must be seduced by Bodhi and be resurrected before next romancing event can be triggered to have Dermin appear.  If not, I am completely lost, and I do not know what to do next.  Some help would be appreciated.

P.S. I tried cheat codes for Jaheira romance, as well as cheat codes to force Dermin to spawn (of course, this is supposed to be used after LT 52, but I tried just for the heck of it to see if it would help).  It did not make any difference.

Thanks!

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
Re: A question on Jaheira's romance (about dermin spawn).
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 04:59:55 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if it was before or after Bodhi's abduction, but in my game, it was in Small Teeth Pass he showed up, and I have gotten myself pretty far into chapter 6, but by then I paused the game alot to get the last dialogues.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 05:02:35 PM by Rama »
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:55:12 PM »
The Bodhi sequence and the Dermin sequence are not directly interrelated. I'm sorry you're having trouble but unfortunately I've never been courageous enough to puzzle through all the wacky stuff in her script to fix it.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Jan

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 10:33:21 PM »
Hmm...I guess I will just have to play the game and see where this romance is taking me.... :-* Thanks for the reply though.  I appreciate it! :)

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »
Basically, the only thing you need to do to speed up her romance is CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","GLOBAL",1). If an LT doesn't start, go to the de'Arnise Keep and sleep outside.

And just to be sure: CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL"). See if it yields the proper value (1 or 2, I'm not sure, just make sure it isn't 3).

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:47:39 AM »
I'm actually running into almost the same exact problem in my game, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea why it wouldn't happen - I completed all the Jaheira quests that I can see starting with the Renfield one, and went to far as to go back to the harper hold when Jaheira left the note with the mage and I returned to Athkatla to rescue her. My LT is at 52, and I have tried taking some long (48hour) trips, sleeping a lot and nothing! I also tried spawning Dermin:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",3)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminAppear","GLOBAL",1)
and then just tried
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","GLOBAL",1) a couple times, but nothing happens after typing the commands in.
I checked the romance variable CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS")  and it had advanced to later LT values, but nothing happened that I could see in game.

Is it possible I just need to wait a lot longer than I'm thinking? The reason I ask is I had continued playing, and finished SOA, killed Jonny, and went on into TOB. I'm in TOB, and get to the part where I leave Saradush, and got to the forest of Mir with the fake Gorion. When he didn't do anything about a romance my ears pricked up, because back in the final battle with Bodhi, she didnt kidnap Jaheira either. So I started wondering if the romance wasn't going anywhere after all, and if I was just thinking about it now, in TOB, then it might never happen at all, right? I dont want to find myself going through the whole trilogy without ever having the romance happen! I've installed the flirt pack as well, and it is looking like it might never kick in. What's the fun in that??
SO I have zipped up my Final Save from SOA, and I have it up at http://www.tancredi.net/bg.htm
Anyone maybe care to have a looksee and see what is up? Is it just I need to send the party on a vacation for a few weeks before finishing the last battle with Irenicus??
I've met Bruce Campbell. He made fun of my jacket.

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:17:54 AM »
According to something I read somewhere, Dermin first spawns only after Jaheira's LT=39 ("There is an ill wind in the air. Do you feel it? I feel a storm inside, in the distance.").

Also, you should be outdoors and out of Athkatla. If he doesn't spawn then, the lovetalks continue for a while until the game eventually forces Dermin to spawn in the first applicable outdoors area. The latter means you could camp out and rest at a suitable spot for some days and hope he'll eventually pop by. You're not in a hurry, are you?

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 12:51:28 PM »
I'm not necessarily in a rush, but I'm worried that if I finish SOA and move on to TOB, then I'll never get the Jaheira romance at all, you see? If you go to TOB without Dermin spawning is that a problem? Am I in the situation where I have to plant myself at one of the outside areas like Trademeet and sit there and rest for a couple of weeks?

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »
Jaheira's Romance has alot of known issues. Have you installed a  fix pack like Baldurdash or Gibberlings3?
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »
Absolutely. Here's what I have:
1. BG2 SOA + TOB, from the collection package that has the latest Bioware patches
2. The BG2 Fixpack (Beta) from G3
3. The BG2 Tweak Pack from G3
4. pocketplane.net banter pack       http://www.pocketplane.net/banter
5. pocketplane.net NPC flirt packs      http://www.pocketplane.net/npcflirt

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »
If you go to TOB without Dermin spawning is that a problem?
I think so, seeing as how I can't understand how Dermin will spawn in ToB. Sorry.

Am I in the situation where I have to plant myself at one of the outside areas like Trademeet and sit there and rest for a couple of weeks?
Exaggeration aside, I think you could do a routine of alternately pause the game and go watch a movie, check back (unpausing) for Dermin, and resting once more.

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »
Good news! I got it to work finally. I'll attempt to recount what happened.

1. Tried resting, travelling to far locations and letting the game sit for long periods (20-30min) at a time. Evilyn, I don't follow why you would pause the game though, as no time would pass in game, so I didn't pause. this didn't do anything. I started this at like 90 days of game time, right at the beginning of Suldanessalar(sp.), and went all the way to like 140 days.

2. Next I figured since using the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1")
commands hadnt worked, I'd try forcing the Jaheira variable to love instead of just like e.g. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX). Additionally, I set Aerie's to 3 to turn it off - I wondered if there was a conflict in there with the both of them still being on. after reading about multi-romances not working, this may have something to do with it.

3. Then I used CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1") to force the next talk. Guess what! nothing!

4. I noticed you could just force the LT number with the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,X) technique. I was at 56, so I set it to 58. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1"), rest, wait a minute, nothing. I rechecked the value and saw that it had progressed to 59 for some reason, which according to Cybersquirt's guide was not a valid numer. So i reset it back to 57. CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1"), rest, wait a minute, and VOILA!! number 58 kicks in. Praise be to Jesus!!

The way it seems to work is that with most of them, you enter the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1"), rest, and then let the game sit for a couple of minutes, maybe 1-2. I spent it reading over the guide. Then it will kick in the next lovetalk. If it doesn't, then use the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,X) method to set it to LT-1, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1"), rest, and then it needs a minute to catch up. The ones in Cybersquirt's guide listed as rest kick in right away.

I attempted to get Elminster to show up CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TERMINSELAPPEAR","GLOBAL","0"), but that did not pan out. tried it several time, also used "1" for shits and giggles, and traveled/rested until I got another 10 days of game time, but the big man didn't come out to play. I figure I'm happy enough as it is with the J romance where I wanted it, and now I can continue on to finish SOA and conquer TOB as intended.

I'd like to give many thanks to Cybersquirt for the EXCELLENT guide, if you are out there, thank you!

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 08:58:24 AM »
3. Then I used CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraROMANCE","GLOBAL","1") to force the next talk. Guess what! nothing!

You mean "JaheiraRomanceTimer", right?

Otherwise, yes, you will get nothing.

OK, get nearinfinity.  open up jaheira.bcs.  search for derminappear.  set those conditions.  It's a big test block.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:01:43 AM by WizWom »
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

Offline vtancredi

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 11:31:26 AM »
I don't recall seeing "JaheiraRomanceTimer" in the Cybersquirt guide, that's all I've been working from so far. I'll give nearinfinity a try tonight. What do you mean by "It's a big test block"?

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 12:54:59 PM »
1. ... Evilyn, I don't follow why you would pause the game though, as no time would pass in game, so I didn't pause. this didn't do anything.
The thing is, some of the romance timers are real-time, not game-time - so pausing the game while you watch a movie or walk the dog is preferrable to leaving it running while the party just stands around and get tired and naggy...

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 03:39:12 AM »

You mean "JaheiraRomanceTimer", right?

Otherwise, yes, you will get nothing.

OK, get nearinfinity.  open up jaheira.bcs.  search for derminappear.  set those conditions.  It's a big test block.
No, the timer is named "JaheiraRomance", so 'CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","GLOBAL","1")' will force the next lovetalk to appear, unless some other action is required, such as resting outside.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: