Author Topic: Unused creatures  (Read 16726 times)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: Unused creatures
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 12:11:43 AM »
Icelus,

first: thank you for spending your Sunday time working on this!  :)

Second: I myself have not played the game for a very long time (always waiting for Mods to be released/bug fixed) but there is a Dudley page that can be of good help for you.

Visit it to get an exhaustive list of all the characters you may meet in the game!
It's in alphabetical order and will help you in your research!  ;)

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/cast.htm

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 02:02:11 PM »
Please note:  *Anyone* is welcome to speak up and say "omg this sux" or "yes, this is in the game, k" about any of the things posted in this thread.  It's been awhile since I've played past Chapter 2 or 3, and my memory is shit to boot, so I'll take whatever help I can get. 
I don't think I've ever seen a single damn thing on Page 2 of this thread before--granted, I've never used Eldoth, but still, I've never heard anyone else discussing it either, so I think it's safe to assume none of it was ever implemented.

There's too much new stuff for me to assimilate right now, but I do think it would be a shame to have cockfighting (fighting, not racing, as the only descriptor used for the competition is the word "sparring") without any Melicamp-related interjections. It'd be funny if you could hop him up with Haste and STR potions before the match, only to be thrown out for using performance-enhancing magics.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 08:23:06 PM »
I really don't remember any of it

I don't think I've ever seen a single damn thing on Page 2 of this thread before

Phew. 
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 08:26:43 PM »
Have you ever read the BG Comic? I always thought it was just a throwaway promo piece, but it does pit Ajantis against a traitorous Eldoth, and Shar-Teel takes the other starring role. It's a completely different plotline, but an interesting coincidence.

No, I haven't actually.  Did it mention anything at all about missing monks and stuff?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »
there is a Dudley page that can be of good help for you.

Visit it to get an exhaustive list of all the characters you may meet in the game!
It's in alphabetical order and will help you in your research!  ;)

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/cast.htm

Your timing sucks, but thank you all the same.  It may indeed come in handy.  :)

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »
Have you ever read the BG Comic? I always thought it was just a throwaway promo piece, but it does pit Ajantis against a traitorous Eldoth, and Shar-Teel takes the other starring role. It's a completely different plotline, but an interesting coincidence.

No, I haven't actually.  Did it mention anything at all about missing monks and stuff?

Nope, not at all. The plot involves the ransom of a kidnapped bride. Ajantis and several other NPCs were protecting her caravan, and it's all downhill from there. Other than the characters' names and basic traits, it has nothing to do with the game.

Download
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
Thanks.  :)
I'll try to take a look at it someday soon. 

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 05:32:33 PM »
You're welcome.

It's not exactly the best comic ever, but worth your time if only for the "TIAX!! NOOOOO!!!" moment.

It is short. I'll give it that.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Aran

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »
Furnelaine (FURNEL.CRE/FURNEL.DLG) seems to be another "OMG SAVE ME FROM BEARS":

BEGIN ~FURNEL~ 14876 // non-zero flags may indicate non-pausing dialogue

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY ~Get out of here!! I'll hold these cave bears off as long as I can! ~ /* #14876 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY ~Fools. You're bleeding from a million wounds and for what? For nothing! I could have turned them on my own. Now get out of here like I told you in the first place.~ /* #14877 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ JOURNAL ~Much to my chagrin, I saved a ranger by the name of Furnelaine from cave bears today...~ /* #15704 */ EXIT
END

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY ~You fight better than you look. Here take some of these healing potions and you'll feel a touch better.~ /* #14878 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ JOURNAL ~I saved Furnelaine the ranger from a cave bear attack in the Cloakwood, today.~ /* #15711 */ EXIT
END

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY ~You're better fighters than I thought. Probably saved my life out there, much as I hate to admit it. Here, you'd better take my hunting bow as it seems to get me into more trouble than it's worth.~ /* #14879 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ JOURNAL ~I saved Furnelaine the ranger from a cave bear attack today... It is almost strange to feel the warmth of friendship in the haunted chill of the Cloakwood.~ /* #15712 */ EXIT
END

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
  SAY ~There's more than bears in this wood. No one knows what, exactly, but it's definitely more than bears.~ /* #14880 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
  SAY ~You want something from me? I'll give you something, alright!~ /* #14881 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~false()~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from:
  SAY ~Scared off any more cave bears lately?~ /* #14882 */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~~ EXIT
END

I'm certain I've seen this sequence before. It's in a cave in one of the Cloakwood areas. I think the lady doesn't begin on the map - rather, she moves there from another. I'm sorry I'm not being very specific, but this was a while ago and I can't recall much more offhand.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:47 PM »
I'm certain I've never seen that sequence before. It's not in a cave in one of the Cloakwood areas. Personally, I'm perfectly happy with Peter of the North.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: