Author Topic: tutu4 or tutu6?  (Read 2125 times)

Jesseth

tutu4 or tutu6?
« on: July 27, 2005, 09:30:39 AM »
I am about to start my first BGTutu game and want your advice.

I will actually be waiting to play the game until Aug. 20th since I will be away. Would you recommend I start with v4 or v6 beta? Will v6 be in full release by the end of Aug? Which is be more/less buggy, or which would be better for the newbie? Thanks.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
Re: tutu4 or tutu6?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 12:01:10 PM »
V6 has a few problems with the new chapter coding, resulting with wrong dreams, but on the other hand it fixes a few of the most annoying v4 issues (e.g. spawns), in the long run v6 will be probably better choice, and by the 20th maybe a new fixed ver will be out? I'd say wait, since you're going away anyhow...
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Jesseth

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 05:21:40 PM »
That, of course, is the logical answer...but with four days before I go away, I'm . . . not . . . sure . . . I . . . can . . . wait . . . much . . . longer . . .  ;D

Offline Buck Naked

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 02:33:20 PM »
Anyone know if they've licked that saved-game-corrupting problem...?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize eternal fate has turned its back on him...it's 2AM...."

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 03:02:01 PM »
If they did they've been quiet about it, but on the other hand I for example never saw any saves corrupted with tutu...
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline Antignition

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 08:59:35 PM »
I had a save file go bad in Beregost, so i really get apprehensive when i go there, that's the only save problem i've come across.

On the other hand, since that's really the only problem I have with Tutu, whereas BGT had a whole slew of other problems, im not complaining.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 09:06:58 PM »
Tutu 6 rocks. Use it immediately.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Buck Naked

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
Well, I, for one, AM complaining....  ;) 

But seriously, folks, there are several threads here that have been started by people getting CTDs caused by corrupted saves that are usually centered on one particular area (usually Beregost) suddenly becoming non-enterable.  This bug then causes the game to become essentially unplayable, because no other save, and no new game, will allow that area to be entered any more.  I thought I had it beat once I did a new installation, but it was just taking longer for things to go haywire.  I've been trying to do some detective work to see if this is somehow related to another problem mentioned recently about Tutu not checking to make sure all area files copied fully and correctly, but I don't have the time or the smarts to sort it out.  :(
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize eternal fate has turned its back on him...it's 2AM...."

Offline japheth

• PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 10:11:19 PM »
I'll look into it if someone zips up a saved game and emails it to me.  PM me for my email address.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 12:44:35 AM »
I have a feeling this might be connected to screwed bg1 install, not tutu as such.

Offline Antignition

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 10:44:46 PM »
Yea, I remember having problems in Beregost in the normal game, namely entering places like the Burning Wizard.  Honestly i just think its one bug in the .are that's transferring over to other mods that use it.

Jesseth

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 05:54:45 AM »
Well, I may have answered my own question.

Here we are 1 1/2 days before vacation and the transmission starts to fail on the car. No one can touch it over the weekend, which leaves me trying to get the other car ready for the family to spend three weeks in driving all over the east coast. That leaves no time to install tutu4 or tutu6...I guess I'll wait until I return and see where tutu6 stands at that time. Unless..................I skip vacation and just spend the next 3 weeks playing tutu........

now there's an option!

Offline Kastagir

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 02:20:03 AM »
NPC spellcasting scripts still crash the game, and I haven't seen any responses to that issue.  Maybe most people play without scripts for their individual characters?  This was not present with v4, only with the v6 beta.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: