Author Topic: walking speeds  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
walking speeds
« on: July 31, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »
I'd like to see the walking speeds from tutufix added to BG2 to further improve continuity between BG1 and BG2 and make archers suck less. 
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
Re: walking speeds
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:25:18 PM »
I, on the other hand, like the speed increase in bg2, it makes archers a bit less though still overpowered.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 04:29:18 AM »
Imho the only effective archer is a kitted archer because ranged weaponry was horribly nerfed for BG2.  Even then, it's curtains once the enemy gets close.  I also have a realism issue here.  I'm pretty sure that an archer (in this example I'm referring to a warrior with a bow he knows how to use, not necessarily a kitted archer) who attacks a swordsman of the same level on sight should be able to drop said swordsman dead before he gets close enough to even think about attacking the archer in melee.  (Unless the swordsman is hasted or something.) Game balance is one thing, but to put it bluntly combat between an archer and a swordsman should be pretty one sided.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 05:45:29 AM »
Maybe you're talking about soloing? Usually melee characters in the party can stop enemies long enough for archers to finish them, not to mention spells like web... Anyhow you're right about realism, though it's not affected by the strength of missle weapons, which is probably too great even, but by short visibility gives them quite low and unrealistic range, that's true.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 08:07:29 AM »
Okay, yeh, I can do this easily. New release should come soon.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 05:34:55 PM »
awesome. ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: