Author Topic: My Sola portrait ;]  (Read 17000 times)

Offline Sluagh

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Planewalker
    • Crimes against art
My Sola portrait ;]
« on: July 30, 2005, 01:27:41 PM »
what do you think about it? from plot and poison cover,copywright by Todd Lockwood http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dm041l6ol.png full view http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plotpoisondet023gt.jpg
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 01:47:24 PM by icelus »
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you. RAWR!! FFS! Elves are NOT humans with pointy ears!!!!!11!!one!!

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
Re: My Sola portrait ;]
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 04:16:39 PM »
oh wow... he is hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 04:26:51 PM »
what do you think about it? from plot and poison cover,copywright by Todd Lockwood http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dm041l6ol.png full view http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plotpoisondet023gt.jpg

ooh.... my...... god... -drool

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 08:16:54 PM »
Whoa, that looks way better than the current default one.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:36:09 PM by Rodman49 »

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »
Ah, yes.  The sensitive drow fighter-poet with bulging pecs and wearing fetish gear.  That makes SO much sense...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 12:22:29 PM »
Well its more in a Baldur's Gate style, and once you properly crop it, it can have consistent head ratio with the other portraits (which is the main weakness of the default one - it looks horribly inconsistent ratio wise).  Admittedly it does like way more fighter-esque than the scholarly/mage Sola is portrayed to be in the mod, but I think it goes way better with my initial interpretation of him (before he goes joinable and all poetry crazy on you).  Anyhow, I cropped the source file fairly closely to the head ratios of most original BG2 portraits, its still a little off as I think the head proportions in BG2 portraits are slightly exaggerated and the portrait is slightly more realistic, but it looks pretty good.

http://www.40kzone.com/staff/rodman49/solaport.zip

(Extract and to your BG2 "override" folder to overwrite the original Sola portrait)

Offline Bursk

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 08:50:30 AM »
Rodman, I really like what you've done with this.  Do you have one of the largest size ones, for the eppy-thingy, at the end of ToB (or do I not need one of those?  I haven't actually used the mod yet, so I don't know)?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:57:42 AM by Bursk »

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »
Sorry, I haven't actually beat the game yet, so I'm not entirely sure what your talking about, I'll probably beat it in about a week, I'm stuck on this one part of the Sola mod.

Offline Bursk

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »
Well, apparently, when you finish the game, it has an epilogue and shows 210x330 versions of your characters, but you obviously need a 210x330 portrait.  Or maybe I don't know what I'm saying.  Maybe someone with more knowledge could clear this up for me.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the original mod portraits are only availble in S and M sizes, although they are labled S and L.   ???  The same goes for the Valen mod.  I really don't understand, since I thought the 110x170 portraits used M and not L in their filename.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 03:09:20 PM by Bursk »

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »
Interesting, I'll probably beat ToB in a week or two (just finished SoA) so I'll know what you are talking about then.

Offline RavenBlack

• Planewalker
    • MySpace
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 07:34:12 PM »
OMG. *drools*

Someone REALLY needs to turn on the air conditioning!

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 07:54:40 PM »
Well, apparently, when you finish the game, it has an epilogue and shows 210x330 versions of your characters, but you obviously need a 210x330 portrait.  Or maybe I don't know what I'm saying.  Maybe someone with more knowledge could clear this up for me.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the original mod portraits are only availble in S and M sizes, although they are labled S and L.   ???  The same goes for the Valen mod.  I really don't understand, since I thought the 110x170 portraits used M and not L in their filename.

Their obviously is no 210x330 for the initial portrait for Solaufein or any of his alternate portraits, which leads me to one of two possible conclusions.
A)  Solaufein does not have an epilogue (can someone confirm this?)
B)  The game resizes the 110x170 portrait to a 210x330 size if a 210x330 portrait is not available (doubtful, but can anyone confirm this)?

If he indeed does need 210x330 portrait I will make one, otherwise the currently available ones are the done ones.

DalreiDal

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
Solaufein does have an epilogue (more than one option, actually), but the picture you see of him is the one the size of "record" page, so there's a black hole around it........ yes, there is...  btw, since we're speaking about portraits, is it possible to find a "full size" version of the default one?  The picture was nice, but i'm sure it's been sized down to fit BG2 format, and I'd like it in big format.  If I'm not assaulting anyone's copyright ;)

DalreiDal

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »
Oh, and the alternate ones too once I'm at it.  I tried to install one once, but some mod bug made it ineffective, and the game always kept default Sola and alternate Kelsey no matter what I tried...!!!

Offline Noctalys

• Pervy Drow Fancier
  • Planewalker
  • Baneable n00b.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »
 :o  Wow...this will most definately help in the writing of my fanfic.....   Hoooooo boy..... 

I recropped an earlier one myself but this one looks much better, So I'm using it instead.  Thanks!

....Now back to some *very* fevered writing on fanfic thanks to lovely picture...
BLOOD SUN!!

Can you hear the drums, Fernando?

You will bow before the new Solaufein Flirt Pack!

Prekrasa

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »
Ah, yes.  The sensitive drow fighter-poet with bulging pecs and wearing fetish gear.  That makes SO much sense...

Fetish gear does not need to make sense ;)

Offline uaintjak

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:11:51 AM »
And even sensitive poets have fetishes...

I mean, I've heard.

Offline Lump

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 01:12:32 PM »
GREAT picture - my new Sola - Portrait.

*HUG* to you Kairos

Alyria

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 02:19:19 PM »
if you think that's fetishy, you should see some of todd lockwood's other stuff...

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »
Could someone provide a link?
I might as well dreaming, but does anyone think there is any cance of getting permission to use this portrait or even an edit for a public released mod?

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 02:00:47 PM »
Could someone provide a link?
I might as well dreaming, but does anyone think there is any cance of getting permission to use this portrait or even an edit for a public released mod?

Why not, it's by the same guy who does most of the Drizzt artwork and his stuff gets used in mods all the time.  Not like you're making $$$ off of it.

Offline Sluagh

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Planewalker
    • Crimes against art
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »
www.toddlockwood.com

Back after a long absence - with a new username at that!

As for his gear being fetishy - you DO know that Drow have god of sado-masochistic sex? Demzer if I recall correctly, it was such a fun to RP his cleric xD
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you. RAWR!! FFS! Elves are NOT humans with pointy ears!!!!!11!!one!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: