Author Topic: Viconia just said something disconcerting  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Malkie

• Planewalker
Viconia just said something disconcerting
« on: July 24, 2005, 07:08:48 PM »
Firstly, the obligatory (although entirely genuine) praise: The flirts are tremendous, and add a lot of depth to the romances. That said, it is indescribably frustrating that a woman with whom I have bathed in a large percentage of Faerun's inns and streams STILL won't let me touch her ass without giving me a vicious stick beating. Then again, if I haven't learned after this many attempts, I probably deserve it.

Anyway, on to the real reason I'm posting. I'm not far into ToB, on my way to kill Gromnir, playing a good-aligned party with Viconia. I've made a point of being 'good' around her, taking the non-violent option in as many quests as possible, and generally trying to set an example for her. Then she comes up to me and says something about how she admires me for embracing my heritage, or words to that effect. This surprised me since I didn't remember doing anything but reject my heritage, until I remembered that I've been using the slayer change as a handy way to keep my reputation low enough for her to stay in the party. I used Shadow Keeper to look through my global variables, but I didn't see anything that was obviously keeping track of how many times I've changed. So, I was wondering, is this just something she'll say to me regardless of my actions? Did I pick the wrong dialogue option somewhere? Does the game count transformations in a variable I overlooked? Have I removed my ability to change her alignment, and if so, is there a way I can fix it?

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
Re: Viconia just said something disconcerting
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 08:58:03 PM »
It's probably a reputation based thing. What is your rep at btw (slayer is such a nice way to keep rep low :) )

Viccy gets the alignment shift dialogue after Killing Yaga Shura (be horrified), and then it follows through at the Pocket Plane IIRC (it's been a while since I played). I'm pretty sure it's all handled in the dialogues though.
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: