Author Topic: BG1Tutu V6 Is Finally Here!  (Read 104043 times)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: BG1Tutu V6 Is Finally Here!
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2005, 04:49:33 PM »
Because the coding in Tutu6 expects Tutufix to be a part of it, so if it's missing, who knows what'll get fucked up.  At this point I think eliminating bugs introduced by version 6 is more of a priority than making a stream-lined installation.  It may not fix green water, either, but at least it has decent spawn points.  That alone is reason enough to keep it instead of version 4, I think.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »
Because the coding in Tutu6 expects Tutufix to be a part of it, so if it's missing, who knows what'll get fucked up.  At this point I think eliminating bugs introduced by version 6 is more of a priority than making a stream-lined installation.  It may not fix green water, either, but at least it has decent spawn points.  That alone is reason enough to keep it instead of version 4, I think.
Yeah tutu v6 is a very decent build, if only you could fix chapter globals I'd for one would be happy with the rest.
PS. But if tutufix is run at the end it can't screw anything before, and testing it should not be that tedious (though it's relative)...
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2005, 05:15:46 PM »
Chapters--I think--are fixed.  See this thread if you'd like to use a cheated party to whip through the game to find out.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Queue

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2005, 09:16:49 AM »
Hello,
I would like to Compile BG1Tutu V6 for OS X. I have found and compiled v5 today (still testing it).
Where can I find the source code to make this happen.

Thanks
Q

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2005, 09:46:47 AM »
Only Japheth, the TuTu V6 Beta author, has access to the source code.
And he's disappeared (again) some months ago leaving all of us crying for his new absence...  :(

Offline Queue

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2005, 01:37:53 PM »
leaving all of us crying for his new absence...  :(

Guess I will be crying with you then till his return. Let me know if you hear anything :)

Q

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2005, 02:12:35 PM »
Also it should be noted that V5 was so... problematic that it was abandoned and is generally considered something that didn't happen. So you might be better off staying with 4.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2005, 10:00:46 PM »
Hey Queue, good to see you made your way over here.  I've been making the same plea for the source for a while, but Japheth is the only one with access to it and he's not around.  As Borsook says, you're better off not trying to use Tutu v5.  I even wonder why the source for it is still up on the main page.  As soon as he's back (cross your fingers), you can be sure that we will let the whole world know.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 12:52:03 AM »
I even wonder why the source for it is still up on the main page. 
Cause "bad" code can be very educational? Cause first nobody bothered to remove it and then it's was the only source code left? Or maybe so that some clever person could take it and fix it. Just guessing.

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 02:43:23 AM »
I even wonder why the source for it is still up on the main page. 
Cause "bad" code can be very educational? Cause first nobody bothered to remove it and then it's was the only source code left? Or maybe so that some clever person could take it and fix it. Just guessing.

Yes, "bad" code can be educational, but only if you know what the heck you're doing.  If you are trying to educate yourself by studying bad examples, the chances of you duplicating those bad examples are pretty high.  I think we need to hire a PI to find Japheth and make him put the v6 source code up there instead. ::)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2005, 02:52:57 AM »
Yeah, but v6 sucks too, so...

Edit: Okay, okay, and by "sucks" I mean "rocks a bit, but not quite as much as it could possibly rock".
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2005, 03:10:39 AM »

Edit: Okay, okay, and by "sucks" I mean "rocks a bit, but not quite as much as it could possibly rock".

Oh, I see.  It sucks rocks a bit - heh.  What needs to change for it to stop sucking so much?

P.S.  Where the heck do these ocaml geniuses disappear to for so long?  I figure they must go to Hawaii or the Carribean.  Why else would they not want to spend every waking moment developing tools and mods for IE?

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2005, 03:40:31 AM »

So maybe one should come back to V4, fix bloody spawns by fixpack and screw the rest?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2005, 09:24:34 AM »
Hell no.  v6 stays because spawn points are so horrible to fix via .tp2 that... that v6 stays. :)
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »
Hell no.  v6 stays because spawn points are so horrible to fix via .tp2 that... that v6 stays. :)
So how about showing those remaining chapter/dream problems how sharp your cutlass is? :pirate

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2005, 10:46:49 AM »
Chapters are fixed, aren't they?  And the behaviour of dreams is just so very, very strange, that I'm unwilling to try wrapping my head around it at the moment.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2005, 11:13:32 AM »
Chapters are fixed, aren't they?  And the behaviour of dreams is just so very, very strange, that I'm unwilling to try wrapping my head around it at the moment.
I think there are still some problems with chapter text display.

Offline Queue

• Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2005, 07:37:57 PM »
Thanks Loriel for welcoming me.

Well I haven't been able to get v4 for work for me (at least with ToB and TSC) so I thought I would try the updated version. I didn't realize v5 was such a beast :P I will keep that in mind.
Guess I will twiddle my thumbs and wait for the next version to appear.

Later Days
Q

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2005, 08:05:03 PM »
@Queue
Unless you want to use the Wild Mage, Tab key, or are installing a mod that requires the use of the ToB engine (as opposed to just BG2), you won't see a difference in Tutu if you use SoA.  That would be my suggestion for now - hopefully when we get the source for v6 I will be able to include compatibility for Mac ToB (I'm almost certain that it won't have it standard).

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2005, 02:32:39 AM »
@Queue
Unless you want to use the Wild Mage, Tab key, or are installing a mod that requires the use of the ToB engine (as opposed to just BG2), you won't see a difference in Tutu if you use SoA.  That would be my suggestion for now - hopefully when we get the source for v6 I will be able to include compatibility for Mac ToB (I'm almost certain that it won't have it standard).
This is very interesting I always thought that tutu causes more problems without TOB... Maybe we could try and get to the bottom of the v4 problem situation.

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2005, 02:49:39 AM »
@Borsook
That very well could be on a PC - I don't have one, so couldn't tell you.  I probably should have been more specific - I was talking about the Mac version of Tutu.  Tutu v4 doesn't work with Mac ToB, unless you do the conversion at midnight with a full moon after having lit all the candles and incense you could find.  Giving the computer some TLC in the way of a defrag might help, but who knows.

Ok, really, there is a workaround that allows you to install Tutu on Mac ToB, but it has been met with mixed success/failure.  I was telling Queue that unless he needs the extra features of ToB (low level features), then it's going to be less heartache to install SoA.  Hopefully, when we get the Tutu v6 source code, we can fix the issues with installing on Mac ToB.

Offline Queue

• Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2005, 05:59:33 AM »
@Borsook
 I was telling Queue that unless he needs the extra features of ToB (low level features), then it's going to be less heartache to install SoA.  Hopefully, when we get the Tutu v6 source code, we can fix the issues with installing on Mac ToB.

Loriel, Yes, I remember you mentioning that before to me. I was just kind of hopping I guess. And I guess trying to be a "hero" by compiling the new version  8)
It didn't work out. I will try to get v4 to work with just SOA and see my results.
As for v4 I don't see the source code for it...but if you have it and I have some time I might try to make it work for us with ToB
Here is to v6 seeing the light soon ;)

Thanks again
and
Later Days
Q

Reid

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2005, 11:38:19 PM »
The "BG1Tutu v4 Mac - Mirror 1" seems to be a dead link. Can anyone point me to a working download for what continues to be a great game?

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2005, 03:36:41 AM »
@Reid
That link goes to the Adventurer's Spa & Grill.  Lately, though, the server that the AS&G resides on has been having some troubles, which is why it's currently down.   I'm currently making a backup of the important files (such as Tutu).  In the meantime, please keep trying - it's the only place you can get Tutu for Mac currently.  If you can't get it later today or tomorrow, I should be done with my backup by then.

Reid

« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2006, 10:08:56 PM »
I tried to download a copy of the Mac BG1Tutu off the Pocket Plane link but the link seems dead. Can anyone help in fixing the link or is their an update in the works?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: