Author Topic: BG1Tutu V6 Is Finally Here!  (Read 103479 times)

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1Tutu V6 Is Finally Here!
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2006, 03:18:15 PM »
In any case, that's not the main reason why easytutu is not in spanish, the problem there is because the creator doesnt have a dialog.tlk for it...
I don't think that's the issue:
I am more interested in enhancing / fixing the English language game to the best of my abilities. <snip> I just don't have the time or inclination to try and support these [translation] issues working by myself.
However, as I've said, that doesn't necessarily stop someone else from making and supporting a translation.

Finally, let me repeat:  Even if you make a Spanish EasyTutu, you will still want Tutufix in Spanish also.  Because Tutufix contains additional material not in EasyTutu.  And you really, really should translate Tutufix if you're running Tutu v4 in Spanish. :)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »
The difficulty in producing a translation will come if the converted Tutu strings are not in the same order as they came in the BG1 TLK. (I'm not sure about this--the clever thing for Tutu to have done would be just append the entirity of the BG1 TLK to the end of BG2's--but not everyone is as clever as me!!!!!!!!!) If the string order is different, the best bet is to run foriegn language games through Tutu 4 and use the TLK that spits out as a starting point.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2006, 01:20:11 PM »
I think all or most of the BG1 strings are included in BG2 and therefore both should be the same in Tutu.  For example, #17276 is the description of the Golden Pantaloons in BG1, Tutu, BG2 or any foreign language .TLK file.  So if you could map the EasyTutu .TLK to, say, a Spanish BG2 .TLK, you'd have most of your translation work done, in theory.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2006, 03:17:45 PM »
The difficulty in producing a translation will come if the converted Tutu strings are not in the same order as they came in the BG1 TLK. (I'm not sure about this--the clever thing for Tutu to have done would be just append the entirity of the BG1 TLK to the end of BG2's--but not everyone is as clever as me!!!!!!!!!) If the string order is different, the best bet is to run foriegn language games through Tutu 4 and use the TLK that spits out as a starting point.
Additionally, Tutu v4 allows non-weidu mods to be installed on BG1 and then "translated" into Tutu - the dynamic strref challenge is quite a tough nut to crack.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: