Author Topic: Error installing BG1NPCProject for Tutu  (Read 2451 times)

Antignition

Error installing BG1NPCProject for Tutu
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:49:43 PM »
Having a problem registering, but anyways I am trying to get an installation of BGTutu going.  I have checked around and i have assumed (and hoped) that all of the enhancements (except for game-be-gone) would be compatible with *each other*.  SO far everything seemed to be working ok, however once i got to the BG1NPC project, when i was asked if i wanted to install "Phase 2" i got an error saying

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [_SEWERC.DLG] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [BG1NPC/Phase2/DLG/X#GAINT.d]: Failure("resour
ce [_SEWERC.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

--After the usual BGII - TOB Patch/Baldurdash fixpack + Baldurdash gametextupdate and the BGI-totsc with the patch and bg1 baldurdash fixpacks

TUTU
FIXPACK
TUTUSOUNDS
BONEHILL AND 2 PATCHES
GREY CLAN
SIRINES CALL
BG1NPC (error occured here)

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me, im not good when it comes to this technical stuff.

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
Re: Error installing BG1NPCProject for Tutu
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:49:18 AM »
That means that TUTU had not converted the _SEWERC.DLG. Check the pinned thread:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17613.0.html

to make sure that you indeed have achieved the full conversion. BG1NPC is tested only on the fresh install of TUTU with the latest FixPack. I however do not think that any of the mods listed would delete this dialogue should it exist. Hence, I think that you have an incomplete conversion.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 09:51:33 AM by Ashara »
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Antignition

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »
Thanks.  I had spent a lot of my time trying to get tutu to work and since that was the only problem i had i pretty much said 'screw it' and just skipped that phase.  Seems to be working pretty well for now, and i don't think im missing much, the bulk of that mod was the banters anyway.

domi_ash

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »
Uhm, you are actually missing roughly half of a released content, namely interjections, small quests for NPCs, character specific reactions on the events in the game  :pirate

domi_ash

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 03:26:50 PM »
Gah, that's what happen when one does not log in: double posts. Try opening your TP2, find where Phase II is starting (BEGIN Phase II) to install and comment out (put // ) in front of a line that sais smthg like

COMPILE **** GAINT.D

If you are lucky, Garrick will be the only one talking to whoever _SEWERC is and the Phase II will install after that. :) If you get more problems, it could be that you are missing one of the BIFF's containg sewer area in BG and that might cause crashes once you get there.

Offline Antignition

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 06:17:02 PM »
Well I just commented out the line of the TP2 file you mentioned, and in the setup it installed without any problems this time.  Thank you very much (hopefully it'll work *in game*).

Just finished up the Nashkel mines so hopefully i haven't missed out on too much stuff.

Thanks again.

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 10:52:49 PM »
Glad it worked. If you run into BG1NPC troubles again, it is probably better to report on BG1NPC forums - I will see/troubleshoot the report sooner :)
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: