Author Topic: Minsc and Jaheira pack up and leave?  (Read 10949 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Minsc and Jaheira pack up and leave?
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:58:48 AM »
Has anybody here experienced an issue where Minsc and Jaheira accuse you of being evil and leave the party almost as soon as they join? I can't seem to reproduce it, but two people elsewhere have had the problem, so it can't just be coincidence.

Since I suspect it may be a conflict with another mod, posting weidu.log files would be appreciated.

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
Re: Minsc and Jaheira pack up and leave?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 05:17:42 AM »
I've never had the problem, and it seems strange, since they should only be looking at reputation, not virtue, so even if you're evil, they have no reason to be unhappy...

Offline balduran

• Supremacy of the Metal Kingdom
  • Planewalker
  • Photo - useless. Inner beauty - questionable.
    • BG2 Improvements Mod by Victor and azure NPC Romance
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:54:09 AM »
I have this problem too. But I don't think it's mod related. I had installed Virtue18(the keyword is "had") and they left in a matter of seconds after joining, so I uninstalled.
Ask not! Dominate!

http://balduran.blackwyrmlair.net

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

"In the end, my girlfirend became my arch-enemy, my arch-enemy became my best friend, and my best friend became my girlfriend. But hey - that's high school!"

Offline balduran

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 05:49:03 AM »
After the previous message I installed the mod again and loaded my save game. My reputation was 14 and virtue was 14 too. This time noone left the party. So it is probably due to low starting reputation at the beginning of the game. My character is a LG sorcerer, I think LG characters start with REP 11 or 12, so probably you should change something in Minsc's and Jaheira's scripts so that they wouldn't leave at these levels.
Ask not! Dominate!

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

"In the end, my girlfirend became my arch-enemy, my arch-enemy became my best friend, and my best friend became my girlfriend. But hey - that's high school!"

Offline Lord Kain

• "I was the 500th member on the old forgottenwars forum and all I got was this lousy title"
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 02:18:53 PM »
My guess is when you first loaded the game it loaded a virtue of - which I guess comes up at 0 so they left. I've seen this before but I was in an evil party so I thought nothing of.
Now, at last, the masks had fallen away.  The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed.  Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me, more powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me - the first bitter taste of that terrible illusion:  Hope.

Offline balduran

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 06:11:57 AM »
My guess is when you first loaded the game it loaded a virtue of - which I guess comes up at 0 so they left. I've seen this before but I was in an evil party so I thought nothing of.

No, that's not the case. I'm sure the reputation and the virtue of the protagonist were equal values(12)
Ask not! Dominate!

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

Offline Lord Kain

• "I was the 500th member on the old forgottenwars forum and all I got was this lousy title"
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 03:11:17 PM »
you might want to double check because a few times after i've instailed virture an old pre virtue save game would have a virtue rank of -
Now, at last, the masks had fallen away.  The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed.  Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me, more powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me - the first bitter taste of that terrible illusion:  Hope.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 04:56:03 PM »
Can you e-mail me a savegame prior to recruiting them in which they leave almost instantly and without reason?

Offline balduran

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 11:13:54 AM »
I'll check if I still have one and send it to you.
But I doubt I have one, because when I experience problems connected to mods, I usually make save called Debug and look though it with nearinfinity. But I overrided it this week because I tested the Azure NPC I am making.
Ask not! Dominate!

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

Offline balduran

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 07:12:32 AM »
I'm sorry, the save is gone.

I started a new game so that I can make another save, but this time, oddly enough, there was no problem. I say oddly, because the previous time I started three new games, with absolutely the same mods installed(+virtue18 installed last), and the three times Minsc and jaheira left.
Ask not! Dominate!

-- BG2 Improvements
-- Azure NPC Romance

Offline Porthas

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 07:00:42 PM »
Can you e-mail me a savegame prior to recruiting them in which they leave almost instantly and without reason?

I've run into this problem, and will work on getting you a save game (after I install it and see if it does it again).  It may not, after that problem, I ran into others (I've got WAAAY too many mods installed  ;D) and just wiped the game clean and started over again from scratch.
I have a very sexy learning disability.

Offline Porthas

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 11:49:59 PM »
I'm not having Jaheira and Minsc stalk off problem again, but I am having the problem of other NPC's joining, then asking me if I had made a mistake in asking them to leave - when I didn't ask them to leave.  Still trying to re-create the problem I did have before... sorry no savegame yet. :P
I have a very sexy learning disability.

Offline Jojamie

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 12:43:52 PM »
I have experienced this problem at The Friendly Arm Inn in BG1 when I recruit Jaheira and Khalid.
They join the party, and then instantly leave telling me they respect my decision although they might not agree with it.

I uninstalled Virtue, and I was then able to recruit them - this was through a long process of elimination.
I have a saved game available if you need it. Just tell me where to send it.

Ta

Offline Vasilii

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 07:44:52 PM »
I have this little bug happening to me right now. They decide, for some reason, that the starting virtue/reputation for a LN character is too low, and leave about 3 second after joining. It ceases to happen when I uninstall Virtue. I have a save, if you'd like it.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 08:04:43 PM »
A save would be very useful. Send it to SimDing0@hotmail.com.

K.Murx

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 07:52:55 AM »
I encountered the problem on the very first start with a human paladin (therefore virtue and rep of 14).
Strangely enough only Jaheira left while Minsc stayed.
The second "bug" mentioned (NPC's behaving as if they'd been kicked out after they just joined the party) did occur with Kachiko of Tortured Souls, but not with Aerie or Yoshimo.
Haven't got any savegame though, sorry.

WeiDu log (some parts are in german, but you'll probably be able to recognize most of the mods^^)
There is a broken installation of Unfinished Business floating around in my game (still looking into that problem), but I doubt that's the reason...
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.05
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ANIMATIONS. Please install the following component only if you have not installed yet AND are not going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #2 // GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE (GUI). This component adds new GUI to your original BG2. Please don’t install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #5 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #6 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #7 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #20 // "SwashImoen", full revision (suggested)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Heal on shifting back to human (Default)
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Sword Angel - New Fighter Kit
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Copy all portraits for use by player characters
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install new portrait for Aerie
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install new portrait for Anomen
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install new portrait for Cernd
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install new portrait for Edwin
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install new portrait for Imoen
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install new portrait for Jaheira
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install new portrait for Jan
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install new portrait for Keldorn
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install new portrait for Korgan
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install new portrait for Mazzy
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install new portrait for Minsc
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Install new portrait for Nalia
~PLASMOPORTRAITS/SETUP-PLASMOPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Install new portrait for Viconia
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (ben”tigt TdB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #1 #3 // Verbesserter Gromnir (optional, ben”tigt TdB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #1 #4 // Verbesserte Illasera (optional, ben”tigt TdB)
~ABYSTORE/ABYSTORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Unusual Oddities Shop
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #2 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack für BG2: Schatten von Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #2 #1 // Banter-Beschleuniger-Skript für SvA installieren? (Verringert den Abstand zwischen Unterhaltungen innerhalb der Gruppe.)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #2 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack für BG2: Thron des Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #2 #3 // Banter-Beschleuniger-Skript für TdB installieren? (Verringert den Abstand zwischen Unterhaltungen innerhalb der Gruppe.)
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #1 // Boss Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #2 // Miscellaneous Enhancements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #3 // Additional Shadow Thieves Content
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #8 // Überarbeitete Höllenprüfungen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #9 // IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #2 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-VIRTUE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Virtue
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Verbesserte Ausrüstung für 'Die Schatten von Amn'
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #2 #1 // Verbesserte Ausrüstung für 'Thron des Bhaal'
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #0 // Unbegrenztes Stapeln von Waffen, Tränken, Ringen und Amuletten im Inventar
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #4 // Entfernen des nervigen "Ihr müsst eure Gruppe erst sammeln, bevor ihr das Gebiet verlassen könnt"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #5 // Schnellere Storysequenzen in Kapitel 1 und 2, sowie in Träumen (Karzak, Blucher) (WARNUNG IN README BEACHTEN)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #6 // Magische Rüstungen und Magische Ringe (etc.) gleichzeitig tragen
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #12 // Entfernen der furchtbaren Animationen des Spiegelumhangs und des Zaubers "Zauberfalle"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #13 // Unendlich großer "Beutel der Aufbewahrung" (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #18 // Beheben von Fehlern in Imoens Dialogen in TdB
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #20 // Weibliche Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #21 // Romanzen: Fehler beheben (benötigt für nachfolgende Komponenten).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #22 // Romanzen: Der Spieler kann eine Romanze mit EINEM NSC haben, unabhängig von Geschlecht oder Rasse.
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #23 // Romanzen: Der Spieler kann mit mehreren NSCs gleichzeitig Beziehungen haben, muss jedoch das Richtige sagen
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #4 #25 // Zufriedene Gruppe: NSCs werden sich nicht streiten oder wegen ihrer Differenzen die Gruppe verlassen.

Offline K.Murx

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 08:50:54 AM »
Sorry, probably should have registered before posting...
Anyway, just played around a bit and now i've got a savegame. Reloaded it several times and always Jaheira leaves.And Aerie quit me soon after I left Waukeens Promenade with her - only Minsc seems to be too dumb to notice anything and Boo's probably asleep^^
I'll make a new installation now (of course keeping the old one for testing purposes :) ) in a slightly different order (should have installed Ease-of-Use prior to the rest...), and with some other Mods (Oversight for example) and retry...

[edit]
The new installation seems to work okay. Did Ease-of-use earlier and most of the NPC-related Mods (e.g. Flirtpack&Banterpack) last. I'll see how it turns out playing. Need the log of that one?

By the way, i noticed there's an incomplete german translation "included". Need someone to finish this? As there seem merely 60 lines left...
(I might add, that my reading skills are far better than my writing probably suggests. And of course i'll have some (about 5-20) people for proofreading)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:01:28 PM by K.Murx »

Jorudan

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 05:54:52 AM »
I've had this problem as well, except that I started as CE or NE and only Jaheira left.  Not sure what my virtue score was, but I had a feeling the virtue was the culprit.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: