Author Topic: Glitterdust and undead Solaufein  (Read 3542 times)

lz14

Glitterdust and undead Solaufein
« on: June 12, 2005, 11:14:38 PM »
Hi all don't if this board is still active.

I just tried level two spell glitterdust on undead sola. The very first time I tried, it seemed to work. Sola "appears" to be not invisible anymore. I was also able to cast spells on him. I cas about six piece shield and two warding whip on him. Then a bunch of breach and some other spells I can't remember. But none of them seem to do anything. I still cannot damage him and his fire shield is still on.

Later I died and I tried again for about 5-10 times, each time with more than three glitterdust but it never worked again.

I just want to ask if anyone know or have any suggestions why the first time none of the spells worked and the other times why glitterdust never worked at all. Is it MR or saving throws or something else ? (there is no text feedback at all)

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
Re: Glitterdust and undead Solaufein
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:58:06 PM »
The engine is very poor about giving you text feedback. I would be surprised if glitterdust ever worked on undead sola -- as a "lich" he is immune to level 1 to level 5 spells. However, some spells seem to break through the "immune to spell level X" defense (e.g., Dispel Magic). It's possible that the first time Glitterdust "seemed to work" it just so happened that VampSola was attacking or casting a spell at the same time and broke the invisibility himself. Glitterdust bypasses magic resistance but it does claim to allow a saving throw. If for some reason it got past all of his arcane defenses, you may just have gotten lucky with the save the first time.

Sola casts Spell Immunity: Abjuration so spells like Breach (which is 5th level, and thus wouldn't work anyway) won't work on him. You can either sit that out or try to get around it somehow.

lz14

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:27:45 AM »
Darn, didn't know he is a lich... a lich ?!!! ....  :o
Thanks. Glad to know you are still around to answer questions.

It probably wasn't the saving throw, I think I tried enough times...
And the piece shield etc ought to dispell his spell immunities (I tried on my own chars. Although piece shield etc are abjuration spells, they work fine)... but anyway... he is a lich !!!...

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:43:37 AM »
Darn, didn't know he is a lich... a lich ?!!! ....  Shocked

It's mentioned briefly in the dialogue ...

I think not, <CHARNAME>. Solaufein has progressed as a vampire with unheralded celerity. Already he commands more unliving power than all but most ancient among us. Truth be told, he's developing into something more like a Lich than a pure vampire ...

That's right before Valygar (if he's in the party) gives the "slavering undead mockery" line and before Bodhi's "Be that as it may" bit.

he is a lich !!!...

If you have a high-level cleric (that wasn't also captured by Bodhi ...) you can easily Turn him.

lz14

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 09:16:29 AM »
If you have a high-level cleric (that wasn't also captured by Bodhi ...) you can easily Turn him.

LOL. Surely you don't think I'm stupid enough to use a captured cleric to turn Sola ...  :D
(keep clicking on undead Viconia... hmmm... why is the circle red ? and the turn undead button doesn't appear...)
or you just don't want to hear the "priestess" jokes again.

Yeah also thanks. I've searched and read various ways to beat undead sola, none sound *fun* enough for me, so...
yeah also none of 'em gave me a clue that he's a lich...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: