Author Topic: Do you want the BG I GUI for TUTU ?  (Read 258436 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Do you want the BG I GUI for TUTU ?
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2007, 04:46:21 PM »
Hello -

I recommend you to start a new thread with a description of your lag in this forum - hopefully Macready, EasyTUTU creator, will be able to have a look at this.

My suspicion is that the slowdowns are an engine issue.  I've never been able to duplicate them on my machine.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Nugrud

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2007, 09:06:52 AM »
I'll hold of on a new version until I'm sure this fixes it.

Oh! If there's going to be a new version soon, I have a small request: (...)

Me too, but somewhat bigger. You see, this GUI is supposed to be international however there are some circumstances in case of Polish installation. Like:
1)lack of Polish specific diacratic signs in provided new font;
2)some strings don't fit well few boxes;

Both of the issues are solved by Zed Nocear's patch, so no problem. But if there's going to be a new version, will it be merged with it? I have no idea about technical possibility of it... If not then I'm afraid of breaking compatibility of this patch with future TUTUGUI releases.

Regards, Nugrud.

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »
I'll hold of on a new version until I'm sure this fixes it.

Oh! If there's going to be a new version soon, I have a small request: (...)

Me too, but somewhat bigger. You see, this GUI is supposed to be international however there are some circumstances in case of Polish installation. Like:
1)lack of Polish specific diacratic signs in provided new font;
2)some strings don't fit well few boxes;

Both of the issues are solved by Zed Nocear's patch, so no problem. But if there's going to be a new version, will it be merged with it? I have no idea about technical possibility of it... If not then I'm afraid of breaking compatibility of this patch with future TUTUGUI releases.

Regards, Nugrud.

I'll add merging to the todo list. Have to ask the maker of the patch for permission.

If there are there other international versions of the game that has simmilar problems, I would like to know.
"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."

chris598

« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »
Hi. :) I tried to install the GUI but after I do everything is still the same. Here's what happens after I install it:
http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledbh3.jpg

Any help? Thanks!  ;D

Chris598

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2007, 05:18:13 AM »
I fixed it ;D I just had to install it to the baldur's gate tutu dir. My hat goes off to you for a top notch mod!  :o

Offline Kree

• Planewalker
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »
Hey all, ive been running Easytutu for a very long time and have only just decided to add the GUI mod (I prefer the look Ive just never bothered)

Anyway I was able to get it working for BG2 but I cant seem to be able to get it working for the Easytutu mod - ino ther words I still have the BG2 interface with Etutu

Does anyone know specifically where i should run the program???
I tried it in my BG Tutu folder but all it says is I dont have the lasted SOA or TOB installed (Which I most definately do)

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/5927/zdasdasdea3.jpg
Shot at 2007-07-10

I just need the specific folder   :(
Thanks in advance all

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »
Hello -

Hey all, ive been running Easytutu for a very long time and have only just decided to add the GUI mod (I prefer the look Ive just never bothered)

Anyway I was able to get it working for BG2 but I cant seem to be able to get it working for the Easytutu mod - ino ther words I still have the BG2 interface with Etutu

Does anyone know specifically where i should run the program???

You picked the location of EasyTutu at install time.  If you blew past that screen without changing anything, the default location is C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu.

Offline Kree

• Planewalker
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »
Yeah the image link I posted is what pops up when I try it in BGtutu

It says I dont have the correct BG SOA or TOB installed when I do have the latest available patches and everything required

Offline Kree

• Planewalker
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »
Yay I got it working lol - just had to move a few things around - thx a lot btw and keep up the good work!!!

winterwind

« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2007, 03:46:20 AM »
Hi! The bg1gui looks great! Thanks!

Sorry for noob question: does bg1 show my armor class correctly, because if I use protection from evil spell, the game says my armor class goes from -3 to -5 , and I'm using a cloak.. I thought only one of every source of armor class could be used at same time... now I seem to have bonus from cloak and from protection of evil spell... is this normal in bg1?

Sources of Deflection Armor Class
Item: Ring AC Bonus (+1-20)
Item: Belt AC Bonus (+1-20)
Item: Helm AC Bonus (+1-20)
Item: Cloak AC Bonus (+1-20)
Item: Weapon AC Bonus (+1-20)
Feat: Epic Mage Armor (+5)
Spell: Shield (+4)
Spell: Mage Armor (+1)
Spell: Shield of Faith (+2-5)
Spell: Protection from Evil (+2 versus selected alignment)
Spell: Aura Versus Alignment (+4 versus selected alignment)
Spell: Magic Circle of Protection (+2 versus selected alignment)

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2007, 06:14:31 AM »
The only things in BG1 that shouldn't stack are the items "of Protection" with themselves or magic armour (as you can only equip one at a time).  Additionally, you only use the best value out of anything that sets your base AC, like physical armour, Braces of AC, or the arcane Armor spells.  The other spells and items that boost AC should stack fine on top of these.  On a different note, that list you provided looks to be from a NWN guide, which uses quite a different set of rules than BG does, so I wouldn't rely on it too much.

winterwind

« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2007, 06:27:06 AM »
yea I noticed it's from NWN... so if I use protection from evil and it gives me AC bonus of 2, it's ok? :)

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »
Yes.

Crawley

« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »
Hi

I think that the mod is realy great. Nevertheless, a problem aroused when I bought a laptop. As I intended to play BG on it, I've installed The Bigg's "widescreen mod" as to be able to play in 1280x800. Unfortunately, the bg1gui is not working with such a big res. Is there a way to make it compatibile? (widescreen mod stretches the field area hud to the desired resolution and leaves the in-game screens at the size from 1024x768 res)

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »
Time for a new and hopefully final version of TutuGUI!

The update will be uploaded as soon as I get a reponse from our Lord and Master.

This time around I have added partial support for The Biggs widescreen mod. The reported green colour problem is solved at the price of a messed-up
clock when you minimise the lefthand bar in the game world.                   
I have fixed a problem with the loot screens and font files are no longer overwritten which sould make TutuGUI compatible with non-english versions of the game.

Some time ago Salk asked me why BGT users don't get the original BG1 startcreen.

The reason is that I felt having the Bioware logo on the same screen as  the Baldurs Gate Trilogy title could cause people to think that BGT was Bioware endorsed.
Besides BGT do deserve a custom start screen which I have attempted to beautify a little.
"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »
I've done the site update.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »

Those who want BG1 fonts need to install this after TutuGUI (English only):
http://home.online.no/~josthaug/TutuGUIFONT.exe

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »
LadeJarl,

thanks for this new release!

I confess, I had hoped to see the beautiful STARTbg.mos finally adapted to the BGT game as well.
I understand your reasons for having a custom BGT screen although, despite the beutification, it can't really compare.

But this is just a minor whine of mine while all the rest is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks again!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2008, 12:01:52 AM »

Those who want BG1 fonts need to install this after TutuGUI (English only):
http://home.online.no/~josthaug/TutuGUIFONT.exe

Oh, but that's lovely.

Could we please have a link on the site, too? (For the time being, I'll update the modlist with this link.)

Offline Azalar

• Planewalker
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2008, 04:08:45 PM »
Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help with this problem. It's the same problem that Kree has posted above... TutuGUI saying that I don't have the right version, but I do. I see that Kree solved the problem, but I was curios as to how exactly? I've installed this mod on three installs: MacEasyTutu, and vanilla SoA & ToB (no other mods), and each time it says I'm out of version. I heard about this mod at the Macinfinity site, but the version there is one older and crashes the game at the WotC logo screen everytime. Is this version even Mac compatible?

Thanks as always :)
Az

PS: Posting at Macinfinty too.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
Is this version even Mac compatible?
Not at the moment - haven't gotten around to converting the new version. The "wrong version" error happens because the .tp2 tries to edit the game executable in a few places, and of course it doesn't recognize the Mac equivalent as valid. The quick way to get around this would be to remove the exe-modifying section of the .tp2. Do note that it's pretty well established that TutuGUI needs 3D acceleration to be enabled - if it isn't, it crashes. This is likely to be the cause of the crashes you get with the most recent Mac-compatible version; IIRC I've never had that version crash as long as 3D acceleration is enabled.

Offline Azalar

• Planewalker
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2008, 04:36:50 PM »
Thanks Gorilym... responded at Macinfinity :)

Offline Zarakhast

• Planewalker
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »
I'm having a totally different problem. I installed the mod and pointed it to the Baldur's GateTutu folder then ran the game : same old BG2 interface. Then I found the read me file which tells you to 'click' (I assume it means doule-click) the set.exe file. I did that but I'm then informed : 'Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in dialog.tlk. Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory. FATAL ERROR : Failure (Unable to find DIALOG.TLK)'. I'm probably doing something stupidly wrong but I don't know what it is : the mod is definitely in the right folder (Baldur's Gate Tutu). Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2008, 07:14:55 AM »
Hello -

Make sure you extracted the mod to your EasyTutu folder.  Make sure you don't have the actual game running while you're trying to install mods.

Offline Zarakhast

• Planewalker
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2008, 08:38:08 AM »
I did extract the mod to my EasyTutu folder and the game wasn't running. The mod shows up in the EasyTutu folder but the interface is still that of BG2. When I double-click the set-up.exe file the message I get is the one I've posted above ('Unable to find DIALOG.TLK). I've done a fresh reinstall of both BG1 + TotSC (+patch) and BG2 + Tob (+patch), installed EasyTutu, EasyTutu Degreenifier, EasyTutu NPC Kit Selection and BG1 NPC Project ( in that order ) : all of this works perfectly but for some reason (possibly something I'm not understanding) the GUI mod just doesn't seem to work. It's not that important but I'd like to see the old stone interface. All the other stuff is great, btw, and the whole thing looks tremendous. Thanks !

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: