Author Topic: Do you want the BG I GUI for TUTU ?  (Read 258411 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Do you want the BG I GUI for TUTU ?
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2006, 09:21:25 AM »
Hello -

Just Conventional. Why?

If you are a PC user playing in English and aren't too far along in your game to restart, consider EasyTutu.  It tends to eliminate a lot of the variables which can lead to odd problems such as this.  To convert, you'd need to:

* Uninstall BG2
* Delete the old BG2 folder to eliminate all traces of Tutu
* Reinstall + patch BG2
* Install EasyTutu

Also, the latest BG1GUI is actually v1.7.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2006, 07:12:27 AM »
I've put together a Mac-compatible version of TutuGUI; it can be downloaded from here (Also, TutuGUIFont is here). I've tested it extensively on TotSC-SoA and TotSC-ToB combinations, but it should be compatible with any flavour of Tutu or BG II.

TheVelho

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »
This mod is simply w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l.

CatBoris

« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2007, 11:58:59 PM »
Hi there! I found this mod two or three days ago, and once applied to EasyTutu, it was almost like playing BG1 for the first again - simply brilliant! Just wanted to thank you for that.

However, I've noticed a bug that creeps up every now and then. The game crashes sometimes when I loot a deader's stuff (the things s/he dropped on death, y'know) from the mainview (not the inventory screen), and I click on an empty slot instead of one that contains loot. This has happened both in EasyTutu and in vanilla BG2 (+ToB). It doesn't seem to happen everytime I mis-click, but it happens often enough, that looting has become a slightly time consuming affair :) The way it crashes, if it's any help, is that the controls become unresponsive, the music starts looping for a few seconds, then it crashes to the desktop.

Oh, and apart from EasyTutu, I've only got the Dungeon-Be-Gone mod installed.

Cheers!

CatBoris

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »
Pardon the double-post, but just for the sake of completeness:

I'm using BG1GUI v. 1.7
BG2 ToB is patched
EasyTutu is the latest version (5 Feb. 2007)

Cheers!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2007, 05:20:36 AM »
Hello -

Are you running at a resolution higher than 800x600?

CatBoris

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2007, 06:46:32 AM »
According to BGConfig, no. Just the regular 800x600

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2007, 05:31:03 PM »
Hello -

OK.  I seem to recall CamDawg posting about such a thing recently.  You might try searching on his name...I can't remember what the verdict was re: the problem.

EDIT: the thread just got bumped.

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2007, 02:31:55 AM »
I've noticed a bug that creeps up every now and then. The game crashes sometimes when I loot a deader's stuff

To paraphrase another mod maker: "I',m not dead, you know. Just thoughtful."

Unpack this to the override folder: http://home.online.no/~josthaug/STONSLOT.rar

I'll hold of on a new version until I'm sure this fixes it. And sorry for not responding earlier.
"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2007, 05:53:02 AM »
Nice to see you alive and kicking, LadeJarl!  ;)

BGAtym

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »
Hi, I just started to get into BGtutu, and I figured I'd try the GUI out. I installed everything just fine, but when I ran the game, it crashed at the menu screen. I don't know what is wrong, as I followed the directions exactly and didn't get any errors. I'm running a mac at 10.4, with MacEasyTutu and no mods. Could anyone give some insight to what went wrong?

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
I installed everything just fine, but when I ran the game, it crashed at the menu screen. I don't know what is wrong, as I followed the directions exactly and didn't get any errors. I'm running a mac at 10.4, with MacEasyTutu and no mods. Could anyone give some insight to what went wrong?
As it turns out, 3D acceleration needs to be enabled for Mac TutuGUI to work (run the BGII Config application to enable it).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2007, 12:21:43 PM »
Oh! If there's going to be a new version soon, I have a small request: could you please place the .tp2 file inside the mod folder, for convenience?

BGAtym

« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »
Awww, my computer can't run BG with3D Acceleration on. Oh well. :(

Offline LadeJarl

• Planewalker
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »
Oh! If there's going to be a new version soon, I have a small request: could you please place the .tp2 file inside the mod folder, for convenience?

I'll do that.   :)
"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."

Chicken

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »
Hello!  Thank you for the great mod!  Unfortunately, I simply can't get it to work.  I have easytut and no other mods installed.  I run the exe in my BG2-tob directory and it says it was successfully installed.  Yet, when I run BGTuTu I still have the new-looking BG2 GUI.  Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2007, 01:39:18 AM »
You should unpack and run this mod in your EasyTutu directory, not BG2 ToB directory.

Chicken

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

I did do that, unfortunately it told me that I was running it in the incorrect directory.  As well, I read the readme and it told me to unzip it and run it in the SoA/ToB directory.  This is incorrect?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2007, 11:50:14 AM »
If you run it in your ToB directory, you will have TUTU GUI for your ToB game, not your EasyTUTU game.

Make sure you are unpacking the entire mod in your EasyTUTU directory - that is, that it has dialog.tlk, baldur.exe, an override directory, {BG1 NPC Project/other TUTU mods installed, if any}, etc.

Chicken

« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2007, 11:30:51 AM »
If you run it in your ToB directory, you will have TUTU GUI for your ToB game, not your EasyTUTU game.

Make sure you are unpacking the entire mod in your EasyTUTU directory - that is, that it has dialog.tlk, baldur.exe, an override directory, {BG1 NPC Project/other TUTU mods installed, if any}, etc.

Hmm, well that seems to be where the problem lies then.  I download this exact file: TutuGUIv17.rar.  Within the compressed file is a TutuGUI folder (which contains many subfolders) and a setup exe file.  The subfolders do not contain any of the files/folders that you mentioned.  no baldur.exe, override directory, etc.  Am I missing an additional download for this mod maybe?

Again, I thank you for your replies.  :)

Chicken

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2007, 11:43:47 AM »
Update:

I just tried upacking it again, and running the setup again, in the TUTU directory.  And this time the installation was successful!  So I am almost certain it will work.  I can't actually check because I am using remote desktop from work to my home computer :)

I have no idea what I did wrong before, but thank you so much again for your kind help.  I look forward to playing with this mod!

Actually, if you don't mind, I do have one more question.  Does anyone ever experience any lag with TuTu?  Obviously my computer is certainly good enough (I am also playing Oblivion at almost max settings) but yet when enemies come onto the screen with TuTu, I often get a good amount of lag for some reason. 

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
I just tried upacking it again, and running the setup again, in the TUTU directory.

Which is exactly what I've advised you to do before, yes. :)

Actually, if you don't mind, I do have one more question.  Does anyone ever experience any lag with TuTu?  Obviously my computer is certainly good enough (I am also playing Oblivion at almost max settings) but yet when enemies come onto the screen with TuTu, I often get a good amount of lag for some reason.

Usually not. It might have to do with the mods you have installed for TUTU. Or - did you have BG2 mods installed on your ToB install before running installing your EasyTUTU conversion?

Chicken

« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »
Which is exactly what I've advised you to do before, yes. :)

Not to worry my friend!  I know you were asking me to do that, my response before was that I had already tried it but for some reason it didnt work :)  But no matter, it worked this time!

Usually not. It might have to do with the mods you have installed for TUTU. Or - did you have BG2 mods installed on your ToB install before running installing your EasyTUTU conversion?

The only mod I had installed that alters BG2 in any way is the baldurdash fixpack.  Do you think that could be the cause of my lag?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
I am afraid I do not know - I usually use BG2Fixpack, Core Fixes, and it hasn't been giving me trouble.

I recommend you to start a new thread with a description of your lag in this forum - hopefully Macready, EasyTUTU creator, will be able to have a look at this.

Starcrunch

« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »
Ambient sounds cause major lag in some area of Tutu, IIRC. To my knowledge this has never been resolved and it's cause is unkown. Some areas (those around Nashkel for me and Cloakwood 4 are really bad for me) are worse than others. Turning off ambient sounds solves this problem (just turn the volume down to zero in the in game control panel). If you turn down the ambient sound to zero and still get lag, it is likely mod related.

-Starcrunch

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: