Author Topic: Wikaede One-Day NPC released! (for a while now, lol)  (Read 4465 times)

Moongaze

Wikaede One-Day NPC released! (for a while now, lol)
« on: June 02, 2005, 01:06:39 PM »
A while ago I've released version 1 of my new Wikaede One-Day NPC Mod, the first Mod I ever released. Sir Wikaede is a Priest of Helm and can be found at the Temple of Helm in Athkatla. (BG2) Wikaede is my most memorable PC. I thought it would be nice to have a cleric in your party who is not interested to get into the PC's bedroll. He also has a costum weapon and voicing.

It's the first (untested) version created within 4 hours, so bugs may arise. Wikaede is currently for SoA only. ToB is required.

Download locations are this way.

[/SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION] ::)

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
Re: Wikaede One-Day NPC released! (for a while now, lol)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:51:26 PM »
Wikaede is currently for SoA only. ToB is required.

At first glance, this seems contradictory.  Do you mean there's only SoA content, but certain features of ToB are required?

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 02:33:56 AM »
Wikaede is currently for SoA only. ToB is required.

At first glance, this seems contradictory.  Do you mean there's only SoA content, but certain features of ToB are required?

He'll mean what is common for most mods: He hasn't written ToB material yet but it uses ToB scripting commands etc so the expansion is required.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 03:38:13 AM »
That's what I figured, but just wanted to clarify.  I'm wondering if it really needs to require ToB, though, since most of the scripting commands for ToB will work in SoA if they are added to the relevant IDS.  MakeGlobal(), for example, is the most common way to create NPC mods.  If it is added to the Action.ids, there's no need to require ToB.

EDIT:
After downloading the mod and taking a look at the contents, I can't seem to even find anything that would cause this to require ToB.  There's no effects over #300 being used, and it doesn't look there's even any scripting commands from ToB.  Perhaps I got an old version (doubt it - I just downloaded it from IEGMC Asia)?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 04:13:48 AM by Loriel »

Moongaze

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 06:28:05 AM »
To be honest with you, I do not know, as I never play BGII without ToB nowadays and I've no desire to do a SoA-only install for testing purposes only.

Version 1.1 has been released now, and it *does* feature ToB content (whether functioning or not :P). I still have some bugs to fix, though.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 04:14:53 PM »
MakeGlobal()...

Actually, you don't need to do MakeGlobal().  Any creature that joins the party is automatically added to the .gam file.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: