Author Topic: BG1Tutu v4 source code  (Read 1476 times)

Offline yongjhen

• Planewalker
BG1Tutu v4 source code
« on: May 27, 2005, 05:41:21 AM »
Hello everyone!

Is source code of BG1Tutu v4 available on the website?
I want to run BG1Tutu on my Mac OS X "Tiger", but it crashes every time.
That might be a compatibility issue between different OS versions, I think, so I want to make a binary myself.
But the source code listed on the website is v5... too new to me, I think. I can compile it, but can not use it  with the v4 data (some problem related to "dudleyfix").

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
Re: BG1Tutu v4 source code
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:24:05 PM »
Are there any error messages when it quits?  How far does it go before crashing?

I have the v4 source lying around somewhere, although compiling it will simply give you the same thing as what we currently have at Adventurers' Spa & Grill.  Unless you know enough ocaml to modify the source accordingly, it won't help you much.  If you do know ocaml, we could really use your help with it.  I've been trying to beat this thing into submission for quite some time now so we can get Tutu to recognise ToB properly.

Offline yongjhen

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 12:32:44 AM »
Not very far. This is the last message on the console after crash:

SET_STRING 73247 out of range 0 -- 62169
SET_STRING 73245 out of range 0 -- 62169
Backing up override, dialog.tlk and chitin.key...
ERROR: error loading [/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//.]
ERROR: error loading [/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//..]
Segmentation fault

And this is the last in the log (bg1tutu.log):

[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5a7.BAM] loaded, 25251 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5a8.BAM] loaded, 24787 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5a9.BAM] loaded, 25251 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5ca.BAM] loaded, 55123 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5g1.BAM] loaded, 152096 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5sa.BAM] loaded, 24658 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5ss.BAM] loaded, 24675 bytes
[/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/BGII - SoA/override//wqlh5sx.BAM] loaded, 24491 bytes

Would you please mail me the source?
I don't know OCaml, but I can learn some basics of it when I have spare time.
I don't install ToB..is the conversion not doable with ToB and Tutu?
There is sections describing how to do that in the FAQ.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bthoma/bg1tutu_related/BG1TuTuFAQ.htm

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 01:33:38 AM »
The conversion for ToB that's documented in the FAQ by Maedin is a hack workaround that works at least some of the time.  I have never been able to get it to work with ToB, though.  Just once I'd like to surge while MM'ing Sarevok!

I can send you the source - I have versions for both Windows and Mac OS X.  I really don't think the problem lies in Tiger compatibility, though.  The SET_STRING errors are there because it's looking for ToB.  The loading errors are there because in the older versions of WeiDU (on which Tutu is based), it would not ignore the '.' and '..' in each folder.  Both of those are minor errors, though.  If I had to guess, I would say the segfault is happening because of either a corrupted file that it's attempting to copy or because it's missing a file that it's expecting.  Then again, that one is just a guess.  Did you follow all the steps in the FAQ, verbatim?  You should probably check this thread to make sure you have all the required files (you should if you used the Assistant, but just to be sure).

Anyways, where do you want me to send the source code?  If you manage to make any headway, please share so we can all benefit.

EDIT:
It occurs to me that you might have gotten one of my ill-conceived compiled versions of Tutu hackery.  I don't think I ever uploaded it to the Mac Tutu page, but I did send it to a couple of beta testers.  Could you verify the size of BGTutu (in bytes)?  It's in the folder that looks like this:

bg1tutu/
    bg1tutu/
    BGTutu
    BGBack
    readme.txt
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 01:47:10 AM by Loriel »

Offline yongjhen

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 04:42:58 AM »
Loriel:

Yes, I followed the steps in the FAQ. After I did not see any conversion progress, I stop using the Assistant except for the full installation of BG1 and ToSC. I also have the full list of .BIF files.

Can you send me both versions of Windows and Mac OS X? Sometimes comparison between original and ported versions (I assume Mac version is ported from Windows) is useful for debugging. My e-mail address is: yongjhen at fastmailbox dot net (it is public available in my profile too). If any progress is made, I will post back on this forum, or on Adventurin' Spa & Grille? ;)

And here is the size of bg1tutu I used:

Celebros:/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/bg1tutu yongjhen$ ls -l
total 4016
-rwxr-xr-x    1 yongjhen  yongjhen   799012 10 20  2003 BGBack*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 yongjhen  yongjhen  1248092  3 31  2004 BGTutu*
drwxr-xr-x   18 yongjhen  yongjhen      612 10 16  2003 bg1tutu/
-rwxr-xr-x    1 yongjhen  yongjhen     1970 10 16  2003 readme.txt

I downloaded it from http://ire.mainecoon.net/downloads/bg1tutu.sit

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 03:00:09 PM »
Yes, I followed the steps in the FAQ. After I did not see any conversion progress, I stop using the Assistant except for the full installation of BG1 and ToSC. I also have the full list of .BIF files.

The best thing about the Assistant is making sure you have a full install of BG1/TotSC, anyways - after that, it gets a bit more tricky.  I personally always do the actual conversion manually.

Can you send me both versions of Windows and Mac OS X? Sometimes comparison between original and ported versions (I assume Mac version is ported from Windows) is useful for debugging. My e-mail address is: yongjhen at fastmailbox dot net (it is public available in my profile too). If any progress is made, I will post back on this forum, or on Adventurin' Spa & Grille? ;)

I just sent them off, with some hints on where to start looking.  If you make any progress on this, please post here at PPG and at AS&G so everyone's in the loop.

And here is the size of bg1tutu I used:

Celebros:/Applications/Game/BG1 Tutu/bg1tutu yongjhen$ ls -l
total 4016
-rwxr-xr-x    1 yongjhen  yongjhen   799012 10 20  2003 BGBack*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 yongjhen  yongjhen  1248092  3 31  2004 BGTutu*
drwxr-xr-x   18 yongjhen  yongjhen      612 10 16  2003 bg1tutu/
-rwxr-xr-x    1 yongjhen  yongjhen     1970 10 16  2003 readme.txt

I downloaded it from http://ire.mainecoon.net/downloads/bg1tutu.sit

Good, I didn't figure you had one of my [buggy] versions, but the segfault in that location looked all too familiar... ::)

Offline yongjhen

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 07:07:47 PM »
The best thing about the Assistant is making sure you have a full install of BG1/TotSC, anyways - after that, it gets a bit more tricky.  I personally always do the actual conversion manually.
I also prefer to do it manually.

I just sent them off, with some hints on where to start looking.  If you make any progress on this, please post here at PPG and at AS&G so everyone's in the loop.
I have received them, will look around later.

Good, I didn't figure you had one of my [buggy] versions, but the segfault in that location looked all too familiar... ::)
;)

This is odd to me..I installed the ToB expansion, do the conversion..then viola! it works (with 53% conversion done).
I wonder if there is also a list of BG2 files Tutu look for.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: