Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.02  (Read 31731 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Bug Reports v1.02
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2005, 02:35:12 AM »
Actual content: The bow I looted from Sil (head honcho sirine) doesn't have an unidentified name.

Fix0red.

Echon, I found a nice way of removing the bug that messes up to amount of chromatic orbs, melf arrows, etc. you might have. Simply change the stack to 10, and you won't have to worry about that again. :)

I am not aware of this bug. How does it occur?

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2005, 09:12:28 AM »
I am not aware of this bug. How does it occur?

I haven't phrased myself correctly. It occours as a cosmetic bug, even though the amount always stays at one. So, when casting chromatic orb for example, you have some random number (say, 56) of orbs created. When you thow a chromatic orb, you expend that orb, and all 56 disappear.

Speaking of magical attacks, it would be cool to have one-time magical attacks (ie harm, cause wounds, acid arrow) to disappear if you start a spell.

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2005, 12:08:16 PM »
I haven't phrased myself correctly. It occours as a cosmetic bug, even though the amount always stays at one. So, when casting chromatic orb for example, you have some random number (say, 56) of orbs created. When you thow a chromatic orb, you expend that orb, and all 56 disappear.

From what I have seen, the above only occurs if you have got stackable weapons in one of your quick slots. But if it can be prevented by giving these spells stacks of 10, I am going to do that.

Speaking of magical attacks, it would be cool to have one-time magical attacks (ie harm, cause wounds, acid arrow) to disappear if you start a spell.

I do not think so. While the ones that only last 1 round would disappear if you began casting another spell, doing so should not otherwise affect spells that require an attack roll.

-Echon

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2005, 05:04:59 PM »
 The Hamadryad in Cloakwood4 does not attack you. She says something like "the trees love you" or such.

There are strange dialogs in this area. During a combat one of Jarheira's dialogs was the 'short bow description'. Very strange.

General impressions:
1. Bandit Camp- Did not seem to be significantly harder, though we are L5-6( when I play this game now, I do the entire South, except Durlaq's, before the bandit camp). Glad you got rid of that nasty trap in Tazok's tent!!

2. Cloakwood1- Druid's weren't too tough. Spider's a pain, significantly tougher than vanilla BG. Very deadly. The Druid battle at Sashenstars lodge had a lot of 'assertion' errors. Glad you made the chest in the lodge easier to unlock.

3. Cloakwood2-  VERY tough. Well Done. I had to use a different strategy to get through here. Summons are almost a must have in my opinion. I am VERY GLAD YOU MADE UNDEAD SUMMONS LAST 24 hours. A literal lifesaver.

4. Cloakwood3- This area seems to be weaker than vanilla BG. The Archdruid is a little tougher, but no match for a L6 party.

5. Cloakwood4- Haven't finished this area yet. Found a couple of bugs, mentioned at the top.

Random thoughts= The Wand of Frost kicks butt, so does the Necklace of Missles. The cursed Ring of Prot. +1 was a hoot, enjoyed that!

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2005, 07:42:24 PM »
1.) Contagion may not be cured through dispel magic, and is permanent (ie the strength change isn't highlighted as it is supposed to). Setting the duration to permanent after death or simply setting it to an extremely high value should correct this error.

2.) A large shield of mine has a description of the tome of charisma. At first, I was delighted that I found one of the tomes, until it turned out to be a shield. Where did you stick those tomes anyway? I only found the tome of intelligence so far.

-Galactygon

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2005, 08:55:54 PM »
sw2h01.itm uses the Axe proficiency instead of Large Swords.

Barkskin and Bestow Curse scrolls have pink dots on them.

Edit: The portrait icon for Aid appears to have pink dots, too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 08:59:24 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2005, 09:28:19 AM »
1.) Contagion may not be cured through dispel magic, and is permanent (ie the strength change isn't highlighted as it is supposed to). Setting the duration to permanent after death or simply setting it to an extremely high value should correct this error.

That is bad but it will be corrected.

2.) A large shield of mine has a description of the tome of charisma. At first, I was delighted that I found one of the tomes, until it turned out to be a shield. Where did you stick those tomes anyway? I only found the tome of intelligence so far.

The large shield's description is going to be fixed. With the exception of the tome of understanding in Baldur's Gate, all the tomes have been relocated. And there is only one of each. And I am not saying where they are.

sw2h01.itm uses the Axe proficiency instead of Large Swords.

Barkskin and Bestow Curse scrolls have pink dots on them.

Edit: The portrait icon for Aid appears to have pink dots, too.

Noted. Actually it seems that most of the portrait icons have pink dots.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2005, 11:44:42 AM »
Something that quite annoyed me is that some enemy characters are still incredibly overpowered.

I have a hard time, for example, killing enemy NPCs that use 5 or 6 potions in a short span of time, are hasted constantly, attack with incredibly high THAC0, and have more than 3 attacks per round.

A good example is the party that you rncounter shortly before exiting the candlekeep catacombs.

In the original Baldur's Gate, I haven't experienced this as much by far, and reminds me of the fast-paced battles in ToB.

I am not looking for easier battles; rather, I am looking for more normal-paced ones.

Something else that annoyed me is that I could exploit the enemy AI by sending an invisible character to scout the territory, with another character throwing fireballs and glyphs right outside the LOS of the enemy. They pretend as if nothing in particular was going on while they are being burned to crisps by incoming spells.

-Galactygon

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2005, 11:54:13 AM »
Something that quite annoyed me is that some enemy characters are still incredibly overpowered.

I have a hard time, for example, killing enemy NPCs that use 5 or 6 potions in a short span of time, are hasted constantly, attack with incredibly high THAC0, and have more than 3 attacks per round.

A good example is the party that you rncounter shortly before exiting the candlekeep catacombs.

In the original Baldur's Gate, I haven't experienced this as much by far, and reminds me of the fast-paced battles in ToB.

I am not looking for easier battles; rather, I am looking for more normal-paced ones.

I was actually considering whether this party was too easy after having throught them. I also used potions and spells to buff the party and they were hardly a match. Contrary to many fights in the original game, you can weaken them by dispelling their bonuses.

Something else that annoyed me is that I could exploit the enemy AI by sending an invisible character to scout the territory, with another character throwing fireballs and glyphs right outside the LOS of the enemy. They pretend as if nothing in particular was going on while they are being burned to crisps by incoming spells.

It should be possible to do something to deal with this.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2005, 12:00:48 PM »
While the saving throws from some overpowered characters aren't too high (which is a good thing), their THAC0, hitpoints, and levels are. I can't imagine Sarevok with an army of levels 8-10 parties.

This makes spells (ie Blindness and Dispel Magic in particular) a bit too useful, unbalancing the game in the favour of mages.

-Galactygon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2005, 12:44:17 PM »
Oh, and about Dispel Magic, it would be nice if it would remove all potions from the targets' inventories.

-Galactygon

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2005, 12:45:30 PM »
Wouldn't it also remove any enchantments that're on items, if you go that far?  It's too powerful as it is in BG1, since there's no chance of failure as in BG2.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2005, 12:49:26 PM »
There should only be a percentile chance of nullifying the magic in potions and scrolls, similar to the chance to dispel spell effects. But since the dispel magic is automatically successful and thus more powerful than it should be, I decided to leave potions and scrolls out of it.

Ghreyfain: Dispel Magic cannot effect permanent magical items that have been closed with a permanency spell.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2005, 12:53:40 PM »
There should only be a percentile chance of nullifying the magic in potions and scrolls, similar to the chance to dispel spell effects. But since the dispel magic is automatically successful and thus more powerful than it should be, I decided to leave potions and scrolls out of it.

You could play around with the percentile die for the dispel magic effect as well as the hit die the effects affect, but they will have a chance of dispelling dependant on the targets' Hit Dice rather than the wizard who cast the spell on the target.

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2005, 12:59:58 PM »
The dispel magic opcode ignores the percentile chance of success. I am not sure what you mean by hit dice in relations to effects.

-Echon

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2005, 01:27:27 PM »
It's probably due to the projectile.  I'd theorize that a fireball'd always do damage to people in the radius, even if it only had a 50% chance of success set in the spell.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2005, 02:40:58 PM »
The dispel magic opcode ignores the percentile chance of success.

Really?

I am not sure what you mean by hit dice in relations to effects.

Just like you enter dice values for damage, you may enter dice values for many other effects, so that creatures of set levels are affected.

So, for Dispel Magic, you would have extension header for each level of the caster, and in each of those extension headers, you would have several dispel magic effects, affecting particular levels of creatures in different percentages.

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2005, 03:01:57 PM »
Really?

Yes, when I tested it. But the IESDP seems to suggest it has modes where it works differently. Experience has teached me that BG effects tend to have descriptions copied directly from the BG2 ones so I am not sure if it is true.

Just like you enter dice values for damage, you may enter dice values for many other effects, so that creatures of set levels are affected.

So, for Dispel Magic, you would have extension header for each level of the caster, and in each of those extension headers, you would have several dispel magic effects, affecting particular levels of creatures in different percentages.

Ah, I know what you mean now.

-Echon

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2005, 04:46:56 PM »
A more concise description of the dialog bug in the Cloakwood...

...when battling wyverns,, instead of saying "Wyvern takes XX damage" it says " *longbow description* takes XX damage".

Also, is the Hamadryad in the Coakwood supposed to attack? She doesn't. :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2005, 05:17:03 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to reply to your original post.

A more concise description of the dialog bug in the Cloakwood...

...when battling wyverns,, instead of saying "Wyvern takes XX damage" it says " *longbow description* takes XX damage".

Noted.

Also, is the Hamadryad in the Coakwood supposed to attack? She doesn't. :)

Hamadryads are good-aligned creatures and should not attack the party on sight. I decided to give her a quest (probably something about killing members of the Iron Throne in the area), made her neutral and forgot all about it. Something for the to-do list.

There are strange dialogs in this area. During a combat one of Jarheira's dialogs was the 'short bow description'. Very strange.

Yes, very. When did it occur exactly?

The cursed Ring of Prot. +1 was a hoot, enjoyed that!

Great. I guess you memorise Remove Curse to get rid of these items.

-Echon

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2005, 02:50:55 AM »

Yes, very. When did it occur exactly?

Sorry about this. The above was actually the Wyverns dialog bug in combat. In the confusion, I thought it was a Jahiera dialog.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2005, 05:02:09 PM »
 :) Buglets(perhaps)

On the way to BG, encountered some possible buglets..

1. Gerde doesn't want to give credit for the ankheg population control. I killed most of them before even talking to her,, so that may be it.

2. When talking to Tenya(priestess of Umberlee) I don't get the dialog option to have her give us the counterquest against the fishermen.

3. When you buy 'Heal' from the Beregost temple, it doesn't remove the 'Feeblemind' icon from Imoen's portrait. Is it supposed to?

4. There is an encounter outside of the gate to BG(close to where Quayle can be found) that used to involve a badguy/gal that had Kivan's bow that was given to him by Deheriana as their wedding gift. I think this encounter occurs in vanilla BG, but I'm not sure. Anyway the encounter doesn't happen. Kivan is in my party.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2005, 06:31:49 AM »
4) That's a quest from the BG1 NPC Project.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2005, 07:02:17 AM »
Elfbane: Are you playing FotD on Tutu?

-Echon

Offline Fatal Error

• Planewalker
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2005, 08:41:46 AM »
2. When talking to Tenya(priestess of Umberlee) I don't get the dialog option to have her give us the counterquest against the fishermen.

I have a request concerning this situation, and also for similar ones such as the dryad above the lighthouse area and opponents in general who turn non-hostile at some point: Can you make them stay non-hostile? At least somehow make it so that they won't turn hostile if they're hit with one arrow immediately after they've turned? I know this isn't brought about by anything in FotDĀ  - it's always been this way. During my current game I had only my character attacking Tenya and *still* managed to hit her one time after she surrendered. I realize that in real life one arrow would be enough to upset anyone, but this is due entirely to the game's limitation. Ok, part of the problem is brought about by my slow reflexes, but jeez...

Ok, this is in regard to the fight with the humanoid group as we're leaving the Candlekeep catecombs. I can't remember precisely all the details of what happened, but anyway... I had an invisible Imoen behind one the opposing's members as the fight started. Imoen's avatar disappeared from sight - I was like, "whoah!" but then noticed that her portrait was still showing - she had been charmed while invisible! How? The log didn't show any spell being cast at her (and she was invisible anyway) and I don't believe any trap was sprung - strange.

Imoen proceeded to attack my characters; she was indeed charmed. After the fight ended I noticed that her portrait had a "curse" icon - like what Jaheira gets in BG2 during the Ployer incident but I'm not sure at what moment exactly this first appeared. After the charm had worn off her record screen had a description of some item of regeneration rather than the usual stats of XP level, proficiencies, thac0 and so on. I'm can't remember what exactly was being described but I believe it was a ring of regeneration.

I got her back to normal with a dispel magic.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: