Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.02  (Read 31732 times)

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Reports v1.02
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2005, 12:57:45 PM »
Bug report - the description for the Wyverns has been replaced with that for the longbow.

Query - does the Druid get immunity to woodland charms (Dryad, Nixie etc) at 7th level?

The Druid can be snared by his own entangle spell when he should have Free Action and Pass without Trace in overgrown forest at 3rd level (Pass without Trace is irrelevant in BGI, but the Free Action is not). At least, he should have immunity to Entangle.

Is there any way to give a subclass of Priests a different spell progression, or is that all hard-coded?

~

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2005, 04:28:29 PM »
Bug report - the description for the Wyverns has been replaced with that for the longbow.

Noted.

Query - does the Druid get immunity to woodland charms (Dryad, Nixie etc) at 7th level?

No. It would be listed in the Features section if it was implemented, but it cannot be done.

The Druid can be snared by his own entangle spell when he should have Free Action and Pass without Trace in overgrown forest at 3rd level (Pass without Trace is irrelevant in BGI, but the Free Action is not). At least, he should have immunity to Entangle.

Only when it is naturally occuring. It does not state that he should be immune to spells that duplicate such things.

Is there any way to give a subclass of Priests a different spell progression, or is that all hard-coded?

No. Which subclass and why?

-Echon

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2005, 11:24:29 AM »
Could you not give the Dryad and Hamadryad a specific charm spell with a new name and give Druids immunity to that? But then, the Hamadryad didn't attack us in your mod. Is that because you fixed her not to attack Druids? Every other time I've played she Dire Charmed us, regardless of party composition.

I was thinking of the First Edition Druid spell progression. If it can't be changed, the only thing that could be done would be to craete a magick items that gave all the missing abilities, tied to character level. Plus the level of some spells would have to be changed and he'd have to be able to cast 2nd level spells at 2nd level, 3rd at 3rd, 4th at 6th and get 7th level spells at 12th level etc

Is there a 1E mod around?

Cheers

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2005, 02:54:07 PM »
Could you not give the Dryad and Hamadryad a specific charm spell with a new name and give Druids immunity to that? But then, the Hamadryad didn't attack us in your mod. Is that because you fixed her not to attack Druids? Every other time I've played she Dire Charmed us, regardless of party composition.

No, I cannot do that, otherwise I already would have. She is not hostile because Hamadryads do not just attack people at random and I wanted to give her a quest related to the base of the Iron Throne base in the woods. I obviously never got around to that, but it will probably be added later on.

I was thinking of the First Edition Druid spell progression. If it can't be changed, the only thing that could be done would be to craete a magick items that gave all the missing abilities, tied to character level. Plus the level of some spells would have to be changed and he'd have to be able to cast 2nd level spells at 2nd level, 3rd at 3rd, 4th at 6th and get 7th level spells at 12th level etc

This mod only deals with 2E so I would not alter the spell progression even if it was possible.

Is there a 1E mod around?

Not that I know of. Somebody at Spellhold Studios is recreating old modules from what I believe is D&D, though.

-Echon

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2005, 11:27:23 AM »
This mod only deals with 2E so I would not alter the spell progression even if it was possible

I wasn't asking you to do it, just enquiring if it was possible.

Subclasses of 2E priests having different spell selections and Granted Powers would be nice, though.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2005, 02:40:38 AM »
This mod only deals with 2E so I would not alter the spell progression even if it was possible

I wasn't asking you to do it, just enquiring if it was possible.

Subclasses of 2E priests having different spell selections and Granted Powers would be nice, though.
I don't know whether it applies to all you have in mind, but yes it's doable.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: