Author Topic: Discussion on version 18  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Deathsangel

• Planewalker
Discussion on version 18
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:38:55 AM »
I've read in the read-me you changed the borders for the alignment shifts. Now I had version 16 and indeed my virtue was 6 and still I did not became LE, which I found strange. I downloaded and installed version 18 and I became LE like expected. However, I do a few good deeds and my virtue raises to 8, but I remain LE. This I find once again strange, as virtue 8 = equable. The range for staying neutral used to be from 8 untill 12. That is already much smaller then good and evil, but what has happened now? Has this been made even smaller, if so I would suggest this to be turned back that if one is between the range of 8 untill 12, one remains neutral or else it is a pain in the ass to be neutral and most people are neutral 10 is the normal value I believe (if taking reputation as the lead) thus two above and below aren't that far of on a scale of 20. These 5 points (8, 9, 10, 11, 12) is only 25% which is actually small, but justifiable. Thus once again, please SimDing0 change this back in version 19.

P.s. About the redemption. I assume you do know that if you finish all paladin stronghold quests and you by chance have happened to fallen you are restored?
Now where did that old interessting mod go? What was it called? O yeah, The Mod for the Wicked. Well, it has been revived!!! Check it out at SHS and at http://www.geocities.com/fanaticfantasyfan

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Discussion on version 18
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 10:53:35 AM »
8 to 12 is (or should be) still in the range for neutral in v18. However, if you're already evil, slightly higher Virtue is required to change back to neutral, representative of the extra difficulty in breaking evil habits (the same is true for an extremely good character losing virtue). The main objective behind the change was to avoid the situation where a character alternates between good/evil and neutral very rapidly, because I feel that if they're still performing an equal mixture of actions to both raise and lower Virtue, a change isn't warranted.

I'll see if I can post the change tables publically sometime.

Yes, I know about the paladin stronghold, and I'm factoring it into the system.

Offline Deathsangel

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 04:26:02 AM »
Argh... that explains problem is that I was originally LN, but I changed to a low virtue in older version and thus I now look probably LE. Now I understand thanks for the explanation  ;)
Now where did that old interessting mod go? What was it called? O yeah, The Mod for the Wicked. Well, it has been revived!!! Check it out at SHS and at http://www.geocities.com/fanaticfantasyfan

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 04:30:40 AM »
Yeh, sorry for repeatedly changing the boundaries. Hopefully they should be fairly final now.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: