Author Topic: BG1 GUI  (Read 1210 times)

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
BG1 GUI
« on: May 09, 2005, 07:26:33 PM »
I think that the GUI in baldurs gate 1 was much better than what was used in bg2. Is there any way to change the gui of bg2 to bg1 annd thus make tutu look like the original game?

Also, are there any alternative guis available for baldurs gate 2, and will they work with tutu?

Are there any plans to do this?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: BG1 GUI
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 12:44:38 PM »
I think that the GUI in baldurs gate 1 was much better than what was used in bg2.

I agree.

Is there any way to change the gui of bg2 to bg1 annd thus make tutu look like the original game?

There is, in the same way that a GUI could be made from scratch.  I only know of one that's ever been done, but I'm unsure of the link.  Someone from Black Wyrm Lair, perhaps?  Help me out here, other people. :)

Also, are there any alternative guis available for baldurs gate 2, and will they work with tutu?

Any GUI that will work with BG2 will work with Tutu, but as of now there's only the one I mentioned above that exists.  (Which, yeah, ought to work with Tutu)

Are there any plans to do this?

Both Sim and I have tinkered with it, but neither of us have decided to follow all the way through.  I'd really like it if an independent group/person would take up the task, though.  Spread the word. ;)
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 03:29:21 PM »
I had vague memories of a mod that changed the gui of bg2, thats why I asked. I will try to find it...

Offline roshan

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
I found the GUI mod - http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/guimod1.html

There arent any good screenshots though.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: