Author Topic: Archived Posts - Sarevok's Remorse and Yoshimo's Diary  (Read 25503 times)

Offline Kuemper

• There can be only one
  • Planewalker
  • Let me check my notes.
Re: Yoshimo's Diary?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 09:45:08 PM »
Spoilers Ahead!

Callie - after you get into Spellhold, rest up and you'll get Irenicus popping in and that's when Yoshimo starts blabbing.

Perhaps he doesn't worship those gods anymore? Why was he traveling outside of K-T? Does it relate to Tamoko at all ie: he blames himself for her death? I don't think he believes he'll get forgiven or taken up or whatever by K-T gods, so maybe that's why he asks for Ilmater. But think, how likely is it the party will be in contact with someone else from K-T and give them the heart? He was under a geas and maybe Ilmater can remove that AND get his heart back to K-T. How highly do those gods prize honor/frown upon betrayal?

Mind you, I've not played UB yet.
The opinions expressed in the above post are those of Kuemper, unless specifically cited from other sources.

"Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself'. And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."

Wanda Gerschwitz

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Xiao.
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 05:43:48 AM »
Spoilers Ahead!

Callie - after you get into Spellhold, rest up and you'll get Irenicus popping in and that's when Yoshimo starts blabbing.

[snip]

Mind you, I've not played UB yet.
I think Callie was referring to the UB-added extra dialogue between Yoshimo and CHARNAME, referenced in the link I posted above.
In SoA, an extra dialogue between Yoshimo and Charname is added, as well as a small extension to Yoshimo's storyline.
It's not the dialogue in question, but looking over the .tra file, I haven't actually seen it trigger, now that I think about it.  I have seen Sarevok's extra dialogue, however.

Stein

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 01:24:26 PM »
Does anyone know when the new dialogue with the PC and Yoshimo is supposed to happen? I'm almost in Spellhold and still not a word from the little thief.  ???
Help?
Can I do something with Shadowkeeper?
Thanks.

Same with me. I'm right in front of spellhold yet no additional dialogue with yoshi so far.

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 02:55:04 PM »
It's not any dialog with Yoshi. He never *says* any of this, you find all this out after he's dead, quite a while after he's dead, just keep playing as normal it should show up.
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Callie

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 03:49:33 PM »
It's not the dialogue in question, but looking over the .tra file, I haven't actually seen it trigger, now that I think about it.  I have seen Sarevok's extra dialogue, however.
I've also seen the Sarevok part of UB, but heard nothing from Yoshimo. The dialogue is there in the .tra file, but it doesn't trigger for some reason. A bug? I've checked my save game with Shadowkeeper and the global variables regarding the extra Yoshi talk aren't even there. Should I just add them? BTW, I guess I should mention that I don't know the first thing about modding (like you couldn't tell). ;)

It's not any dialog with Yoshi. He never *says* any of this, you find all this out after he's dead, quite a while after he's dead, just keep playing as normal it should show up.
I'm pretty sure that the Sarevok Remorse part of UB has an added dialogue with Yoshimo in wich the PC and Yoshi talk about Sarevok's hirelings and the way the PC delt with them (if you showed them mercy or not), and that the content of Yoshimo's diary greatly depends on your answers.

I really want to see this dialogue...

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2005, 03:51:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the Sarevok Remorse part of UB has an added dialogue with Yoshimo in wich the PC and Yoshi talk about Sarevok's hirelings and the way the PC delt with them (if you showed them mercy or not), and that the content of Yoshimo's diary greatly depends on your answers.
I read the dialogue this morning, and you're correct, there is such a dialogue.  I've never seen it trigger, however.  I have gotten the diary a number of times, and each time it's basically said that he has no idea if my CHARNAME did it.

Callie

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »
Did anyone actualy see this dialogue trigger?
Could Sovran look into this? If possible?

Offline underdog

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2005, 04:59:23 PM »
from the readme
'[This is also one facet of the upcoming Sarevok Relationship mod.] If you start a new game in ToB but wish to assume you say the SoA part soon, then using the CLUAConsole to SetGlobal("U!SIlmater","GLOBAL",1) is all that's needed. This component requires ToB.'

spoilers:
when you take Yoshi's heart to the temple the priest I know if you say the line that starts with 'a friend who ... '
the priest will have a few more questions and ask if you forgive him(IIRC) say yes, he will give you Yoshimo's diary. That is the dialog files that everyone is talking about, and apparantly sets the variable.

from there the rest should fall into place in ToB, I have never taken Seravok with me, always had a full party and didn't want to break it up, so I don't know how long it takes or much else beyond getting his diary.

!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2005, 05:07:11 PM »
how come we find this stuff after all the months?:P

i mean A LOT of people have digged trough the dialogue's right?:p

and all triggers

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2005, 05:57:42 PM »
from the readme
'[This is also one facet of the upcoming Sarevok Relationship mod.] If you start a new game in ToB but wish to assume you say the SoA part soon, then using the CLUAConsole to SetGlobal("U!SIlmater","GLOBAL",1) is all that's needed. This component requires ToB.'

spoilers:
when you take Yoshi's heart to the temple the priest I know if you say the line that starts with 'a friend who ... '
the priest will have a few more questions and ask if you forgive him(IIRC) say yes, he will give you Yoshimo's diary. That is the dialog files that everyone is talking about, and apparantly sets the variable.
No, there is supposed to be an additional dialogue with Yoshimo in SoA.  From the readme: "In SoA, an extra dialogue between Yoshimo and Charname is added, as well as a small extension to Yoshimo's storyline."
In addition, from the file \ub\tra\english\u!sare.tra, I can assure you that this quote would not appear in Yoshimo's journal:
@6 = ~<CHARNAME>, might I impose on you for a moment yet?  Tell me - what was it like to kill your brother?

Lines 6-55 in that file outline a long conversation that could only be between Yoshimo and the PC.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2005, 06:05:26 PM »
Would ctrl+Iing help?
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 06:10:09 PM »
I do that a lot.  Before heading to Brynnlaw, I spam the hell out of that key combo in various locations, just to be sure I've dredged up enough of those talks first.  I also have Banter Accelerator installed, and have played through with Yoshimo and UBv14 at least a few times.  Nada.

Offline Sovran

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2005, 07:19:43 PM »
Here's the lowdown -- the ingredients of the Sarevok's Remorse component are:

-- a dialogue between Yoshimo and the PC (starting with the line Xiao quoted), which should trigger [Edit: sorry, my bad] about one day after the 3rd original BW dialogue, which starts with "I have pondered what you have said about Bhaal. Could it not be that Bhaal intended to be reborn through his children?"
-- an extension to the Priest of Ilmater dialogue; Yoshimo's diary
-- a dialogue between Sarevok and the PC, in ToB.

@Anyone who's had trouble trying to get the Yoshimo-PC dialogue to trigger -- had you, by any chance, had the "I have pondered what you have said about Bhaal" dialogue before you installed UB? The variable would (or should, at any rate) be set there. (I'm kind of hoping this would be the source of the problem -- it still needs to be fixed, of course.)

If all else fails, using something like

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("U!SYoshimoTalksPC","GLOBAL",1)

should work. (And if the dialogue still won't start, hit Ctrl+I.)

@Kara-Tur, Ilmater, and coiffure -- good ideas. I'll have to ponder on them when I'm awake again. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 04:26:44 AM by Sovran »

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2005, 07:36:35 PM »
@Anyone who's had trouble trying to get the Yoshimo-PC dialogue to trigger -- had you, by any chance, had the "where did you spend your childhood" dialogue before you installed UB? The variables would (or should, at any rate) be set there. (I'm kind of hoping this would be the source of the problem.)
Each time I've had the "so, tell me about yourself" dialogue in which you admit that you're Bhaal's kid and had to kill your brother.  Is that the one?

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2005, 12:47:41 AM »
That sounds like his first dialogue with the PC (Who was your father? you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I believe many things. My father was Bhaal, etc.)

This initial dialogue seems to trigger as soon as you get to Brynnlaw, if you haven't had it before that, and that wouldn't leave time for either the second Bioware chat, or the UB one.

Stein

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2005, 06:52:49 AM »
For your information: I've had UB installed from the start. I got the "Tell me about yourself" dialogue early on, and then nothing whatsoever. And yes, I've played for a looong time, even finished Jaheira romance before spellhold. I have the german version of BGII + ToB with english version of UB14 (german UB14 wouldn't install, I think that's a known bug).

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2005, 07:01:34 AM »
That sounds like his first dialogue with the PC (Who was your father? you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I believe many things. My father was Bhaal, etc.)
That one, yes.  I have that chat typically in Chapter 2, then nothing else from Yoshimo to my PC.  No chats upon arrival in Brynnlaw, or anywhere else.

Callie

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2005, 05:36:31 PM »
a dialogue between Yoshimo and the PC (starting with the line Xiao quoted), which should trigger [Edit: sorry, my bad] about one day after the 3rd original BW dialogue, which starts with "I have pondered what you have said about Bhaal. Could it not be that Bhaal intended to be reborn through his children

There is a 3rd original dialogue with Yoshimo?! Wow! Never had that ither. Or the second one for that matter. What do you have to do to get it? Do I have to uninstall UB?

Offline Sovran

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2005, 05:37:35 PM »
Fascinating. I checked the relevant files, and it looks like the timer for the 2nd dialogue never gets set.

The odd thing is, I distinctly remember seeing the 2nd and 3rd dialogues in the game, without any variable-prodding on my part -- which is why I didn't bother to check them earlier, as I thought they worked just fine. Can anyone confirm this (or prove, somehow, if I've just been seeing things again)? Or does some mod/fixpack do something about it, very quietly?

Anyway, until a more permanent solution can be added, try this (after you've had the first original dialogue):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("YoshimoTalksPC2","GLOBAL",1)

Sorry about the mess, and thanks for bringing this to my attention, y'all.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2005, 07:28:18 PM »
I know I have seen other Bioware dialogues between Yoshimo and the PC (else I wouldn't know there were any), but seldom, and have no idea what mods might have been installed at the time, if any. It is even possible that my recollection of them is from a game prior to owning ToB. They've come up that infrequently. I always figured it was just because of whipping off to Spellhold so fast.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 03:02:41 PM »
the priest will have a few more questions and ask if you forgive him(IIRC) say yes, he will give you Yoshimo's diary.
Okay, what puzzles me here is that it's taken three days for someone to point out this makes no sense whatsoever. What, was the diary concealed inside Yoshimo's heart or something? I can understand the Priest only feeling like giving it to you if you decide to offer your forgiveness, but how the hell could you search Yoshimo's body to the point of specific vital organs and still not notice a book? Besides, the diary says that he intended to get rid of it....a far more likely path would be that he simply dropped the diary overboard, and it eventually washes ashore--either in Brynnlaw (where Yoshimo is relatively well known), where it would find its way to the Priestess of Umberlee, or in the Docks District (where, again, Yoshimo is known).

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »
Okay, what puzzles me here is that it's taken three days for someone to point out this makes no sense whatsoever. What, was the diary concealed inside Yoshimo's heart or something? I can understand the Priest only feeling like giving it to you if you decide to offer your forgiveness, but how the hell could you search Yoshimo's body to the point of specific vital organs and still not notice a book? Besides, the diary says that he intended to get rid of it....a far more likely path would be that he simply dropped the diary overboard, and it eventually washes ashore--either in Brynnlaw (where Yoshimo is relatively well known), where it would find its way to the Priestess of Umberlee, or in the Docks District (where, again, Yoshimo is known).
He drops off his diary with the temple before hopping on the boat to Brynnlaw.

Offline Sovran

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »
From the additional Priest of Ilmater dialogue:

Quote from: /ub/tra/english/u!sare.tra
@56   = ~Yoshimo, you say?  I believe know of this man.  He came here a few weeks ago, as night was falling, and seemed to be in great distress, but would not disclose what harrowed him.~
@57   = ~He donated a substantial sum of gold, and asked that I store certain personal effects here - he'd prefer not to be caught dead with them, or because of them, he said.~
@77   = ~I believe he meant to come back for his things if he survived, but it seems you have come in his stead.  If you still feel the pain of his betrayal, whatever you find may provide you with some consolation, or at least answers.~

This topic's starting to look like it could use a split or a move towards the workroom, I think.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 03:53:03 PM by Sovran »

Tyer

Sarevok's Remorse
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2005, 11:30:42 PM »
So I'm getting all kind of Sarevok banters with the rest of the party but not with my PC; I'm almost done the game, I need this banter to trigger so he doesn't go off and die in some horrible little corner of the realms.  What can I do? 

I've used CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("U!SIlmater","GLOBAL",1) already, what's next?

Tyler

Re: Sarevok's Remorse
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Theoretically, the first post should have my name as "Tyler," but what can you do?

Anyway, I've completed the second challenge and killed Semaj, the mirror of myself and Tamoko again; still no dialogue from Sarevok. 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: