Author Topic: There are no heroes left.  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Aurora

• commissioner of sprinkles
  • Planewalker
  • I am following my fish.
    • Fafblog!
There are no heroes left.
« on: April 27, 2005, 04:59:57 PM »
So I've never been a fan of superhero comic books, but I thought that superheroes were supposed to be, like, superheroic and stuff. I figured that some pretty basic elements of superheroism included "don't murder innocents," "save people," and "don't do crack." Apparently I was wrong: at least in the case of Superman and his bestest friends.

This site has a gallery of some of the stupidest, nastiest, and, best of all, weirdest comic book covers... ever. All of the ones I've read so far made me laugh madly, but then, I'm easily amused + a big fan of cheese. Yeah, here are some:

Uh, hello, Pat Boone.

Superman sucks as a dad.

Golly, Superboy!

Aww, he's so protective.

Well. It's true.

wtf wtf wtf

Batwitch.

Okay, there are actually a few hundred covers up of Superman attempting to kill or being killed by Jimmy Olsen and/or Lois, but this is the first where Batman's helping out.

Poor Lexie.

Don't date anyone who can fly + has invulnerability. Just don't.

I wonder that a lot, too, myself.

Okay, so I like the sex ones too. But this is so very innocent!

See comment. Gaaaaaaaargh wtf.

Gee.

What.

Hawt.

Good god, the look on her face.

ok bye
Well, there was this doggy. He was a very clever doggy. He said things like...like... "I would feel infinitely more comfortable in your presence if you would agree to treat gravity as a law, rather than one of a number of suggested options."

Offline ED

• Planewalker
Re: There are no heroes left.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:52:13 PM »
To be fair, I never really considered Superman a hero.

But man, I never knew he could be that much of a prick.  He's gained a newfound respect from me.