Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.01  (Read 28221 times)

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Reports v1.01
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2005, 02:34:47 AM »
Bugs
1. Aldeth Sashenstar can`t open door to Merchant League
2. Ogre mage in Cloackwood Mine cast no spells
3. Shandalar prison isle tomb has wrong entry - PC can go directly to the 2nd floor.
4. "Red armor" Druegar can be killed many times, if you kill him in battle, then grab his armor, then go out witout killing others, then reenter.
5. Ramazith can be robbed 2 times for his treasure and then killed for some more.

Thouhts
1. Necklace of Missiles is very overpowered item for the early stages of the game. PC can blast his way through til the end of 4 chapter only with it.
2. Ring of Invulnerability is a thing worth fighting for. You can give it to Davaeorn or Sunin in BG (with some companions - he is very much a gimp now).
3. Ulgoth's Beard is available at early stages, so ring of invisibility greatly unbalancing the game for that time.
4. Ankheg Hole treasure is too easily available at early stages - new ankhegs has no range attacks, so PC can easily rob it even with first level char. Place a dracolisk or two near the treasure and it will be ok.
5. There is 3 Gauntlets of Weapon Skill with same description.
6. Due to new XP Cap game balance is shifted to dual/multi class chars. Not realy a big problem, just "spirit of BG" is now more like that "of RoMDII".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:36:27 AM by Schatten »

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2005, 02:51:44 AM »
Dracolisks are only slightly more powerful than lesser basilisks. The ranged attack you mention is a breath weapon that does acid damage which it should use more than once.

-Echon

It may have tried its breath weapon more than once. I fought the beast at night. I saw it definitely attack Immy with the breath weapon first, then it started to close. It may have tried to use it again, and I missed it because of the poor light.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2005, 04:30:47 AM »
1. Aldeth Sashenstar can`t open door to Merchant League

I am not sure why this occurs because his dialogue has not been changed. I will still try to solve it, of course.

2. Ogre mage in Cloackwood Mine cast no spells
3. Shandalar prison isle tomb has wrong entry - PC can go directly to the 2nd floor.

These bugs will be fixed.

4. "Red armor" Druegar can be killed many times, if you kill him in battle, then grab his armor, then go out witout killing others, then reenter.

I certainly cannot explain this and as far as I know, it should not be possible. Anyway, when you reenter the area, does he have all his equipment on him again or is he missing what you took from him?

5. Ramazith can be robbed 2 times for his treasure and then killed for some more.

I will make sure this is not possible.

1. Necklace of Missiles is very overpowered item for the early stages of the game. PC can blast his way through til the end of 4 chapter only with it.

It is also a very expensive item for a party that has just arrived at the Nashkel Carnival and it does not have that many charges I think. Did you use to clear the way to chapter 5?

2. Ring of Invulnerability is a thing worth fighting for. You can give it to Davaeorn or Sunin in BG (with some companions - he is very much a gimp now).

I thought it would be nice if there also were some useful items that could be bought. And this ring is a very expensive one.

3. Ulgoth's Beard is available at early stages, so ring of invisibility greatly unbalancing the game for that time.

Did you buy it and use it before deciding it was unbalanced? It does not have that many charges but it is clearly too cheap, though.

4. Ankheg Hole treasure is too easily available at early stages - new ankhegs has no range attacks, so PC can easily rob it even with first level char. Place a dracolisk or two near the treasure and it will be ok.

I will dosomething to make sure the treasure is not that easy to get.

5. There is 3 Gauntlets of Weapon Skill with same description.

This is not something new. There are also to or three of them in the normal game.

6. Due to new XP Cap game balance is shifted to dual/multi class chars. Not realy a big problem, just "spirit of BG" is now more like that "of RoMDII".

I do not see why the new XP cap favours dual- or multiclassed characters. To reach 9th level and gain grandmastery as a fighter, you have to be singleclassed. The same goes if you want your cleric to gain 5th level spells.

Oh, and by the way, do you have Dudleyville installed?

-Echon

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2005, 06:22:51 AM »

I certainly cannot explain this and as far as I know, it should not be possible. Anyway, when you reenter the area, does he have all his equipment on him again or is he missing what you took from him?

Yes. He still has his red shiny thing with him.

It is also a very expensive item for a party that has just arrived at the Nashkel Carnival and it does not have that many charges I think. Did you use to clear the way to chapter 5?

This item can be recharged at almost everyone merchant. And i have enough money for it just before start of Nashkel mines quest. And then just about 4000 for the full charge.
Did not use it extensively for roleplaying reasons (I don`t like when BG looks like diabloorsomething).

I thought it would be nice if there also were some useful items that could be bought. And this ring is a very expensive one.

This ring is far to good to be available at market, because everyone VIP in BG would want no matter the cost. And PC can have tonns of money at the time (I have around 200000 without cheating).

Did you buy it and use it before deciding it was unbalanced? It does not have that many charges but it is clearly too cheap, though.

Yes. I buy it directly after that little "Ankheg robbery" and with fisherman`s Morningstar+1 i can afford it. This ring too can be recharged afer use.

I do not see why the new XP cap favours dual- or multiclassed characters. To reach 9th level and gain grandmastery as a fighter, you have to be singleclassed. The same goes if you want your cleric to gain 5th level spells.

Fighter 9 (MAX) - 250.000XP means 150.000XP free so he, without ANY drawbacks, can be dualed for:
- mage 8 - 90.000XP (all available spells),
- Cleric 8 - 110.000XP (only 5 level notsouseful spells lost),
- thief 8 - 110.000XP (4x damage and skills)
Uberpower if compared with any other class.
Multiclassed chars lose only grandmastery, but gain in levels.
Any straight class just suck in comparison.

Oh, and by the way, do you have Dudleyville installed?
No.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2005, 08:04:58 AM »
Yes. He still has his red shiny thing with him.

Very odd. I will see if I can reproduce it and then do something about it.

This item can be recharged at almost everyone merchant. And i have enough money for it just before start of Nashkel mines quest. And then just about 4000 for the full charge. Did not use it extensively for roleplaying reasons (I don`t like when BG looks like diabloorsomething).

This is an exploit that BioWare never fixed and as you probably know it can be done with wands, too. If people want to abuse they should not complain to me about the game being too easy. There is really no way I can match something like this without having enemies cheat themselves and I do not want to do that.

Yes. I buy it directly after that little "Ankheg robbery" and with fisherman`s Morningstar+1 i can afford it. This ring too can be recharged afer use.

See my first reply.

Fighter 9 (MAX) - 250.000XP means 150.000XP free so he, without ANY drawbacks, can be dualed for:
- mage 8 - 90.000XP (all available spells),
- Cleric 8 - 110.000XP (only 5 level notsouseful spells lost),
- thief 8 - 110.000XP (4x damage and skills)
Uberpower if compared with any other class.
Multiclassed chars lose only grandmastery, but gain in levels.
Any straight class just suck in comparison.

This is the way the game is designed and you can min/max your character in the original game as well by calculating how many levels you can gain in a second class from the XP a singleclassed character does not use. I do not wish to make the game so difficult that only those who roll stats for hours and design the most powerful character imaginable will be challenged by it.

-Echon

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2005, 09:59:11 AM »
This is an exploit that BioWare never fixed and as you probably know it can be done with wands, too. If people want to abuse they should not complain to me about the game being too easy. There is really no way I can match something like this without having enemies cheat themselves and I do not want to do that.
I never thought that recharging is exploit or bug. You sell for less and buy for much more, so it seems to be right. I even thought that you intentionally make some items rechargable only at High Hedge :-\

This is the way the game is designed and you can min/max your character in the original game as well by calculating how many levels you can gain in a second class from the XP a singleclassed character does not use. I do not wish to make the game so difficult that only those who roll stats for hours and design the most powerful character imaginable will be challenged by it.
I never min/max or reroll for hours. All of my chars has  82-84 points (none less than 8 and only one 18). But planning and calculating different class chars career is definitely not about cheatihg - it is only fun left after beating game many many times. And i don`t think that game must be so difficult that only ubermaniaks can beat it. It just about some fun for replaying - something unique for each class. Why play a straight mage, fighter or thief if you can have dual or multi without drawbacks? In original BG you cannot create "universal" char - any multi or dual will lose something important.
As i wrote that is not a big problem - RoMDII (and very much 3rd redaction at all) was intentionally designed as "happy multiclassing". Just my 2 cent worth grumbles about "old good spirit of the game" ::)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 10:01:11 AM by Schatten »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2005, 10:43:30 AM »
I never thought that recharging is exploit or bug. You sell for less and buy for much more, so it seems to be right. I even thought that you intentionally make some items rechargable only at High Hedge :-\

It does cost you a lot of gold, yes, but to me it is unrealistic that Thalantyr can instantly recharge a wand you have just sold to him. The 'recharging' is a result of this bug: your wand of fire may only have three charges left but the moment you sell it the game forgets about the number of charges and increases it to the maximum which is defined in the ITM file. I am not saying it is unreasonable that wizards can do this for you, in fact I they should be able to do so, but I simply wish it had been handled better.

I never min/max or reroll for hours. All of my chars has  82-84 points (none less than 8 and only one 18). But planning and calculating different class chars career is definitely not about cheatihg - it is only fun left after beating game many many times. And i don`t think that game must be so difficult that only ubermaniaks can beat it. It just about some fun for replaying - something unique for each class. Why play a straight mage, fighter or thief if you can have dual or multi without drawbacks? In original BG you cannot create "universal" char - any multi or dual will lose something important.
As i wrote that is not a big problem - RoMDII (and very much 3rd redaction at all) was intentionally designed as "happy multiclassing". Just my 2 cent worth grumbles about "old good spirit of the game" ::)

I think I am a bit lost here as it seems to me your are saying that dual- and multiclassing is unbalanced (due to the increased XP cap) but also that it is the only fun left in the game. Could you explain what RoMDII stands for and what you think 'the good old spirit of the game' is? :)

-Echon

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2005, 05:07:16 PM »
Please take a look at healing spells. They don't seem to work completely as advertised.
1.Cure Minor Wounds: description says 1-8 HP restored. This spell seems to work properly.

2.Cure Moderate Wounds: decription says 1D10+1 HP restored. This spell, for me, almost never works better than Cure Minor Wounds, and I don't think I have ever seen it restore 11 HP.

Maybe I'm just getting crummy rolls.

Met some hell hounds today, not very tough. What can they do to you?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2005, 05:33:36 PM »
Please take a look at healing spells. They don't seem to work completely as advertised.
1.Cure Minor Wounds: description says 1-8 HP restored. This spell seems to work properly.

2.Cure Moderate Wounds: decription says 1D10+1 HP restored. This spell, for me, almost never works better than Cure Minor Wounds, and I don't think I have ever seen it restore 11 HP.

Maybe I'm just getting crummy rolls.

I think you are just being unlucky. I have seen it heal 11 hit points.

Met some hell hounds today, not very tough. What can they do to you?

They can bite you and it is probably going to hurt and be uncomfortable and such. Their fiery breath will also damage your character and make him smell of burnt skin which is unpleasant. And if you try to attack them with items and spells that deal fire damage they will be completely immune to it and laugh at you and you will end up looking a bit silly.

-Echon

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2005, 02:13:15 AM »
It does cost you a lot of gold, yes, but to me it is unrealistic that Thalantyr can instantly recharge a wand you have just sold to him. The 'recharging' is a result of this bug: your wand of fire may only have three charges left but the moment you sell it the game forgets about the number of charges and increases it to the maximum which is defined in the ITM file. I am not saying it is unreasonable that wizards can do this for you, in fact I they should be able to do so, but I simply wish it had been handled better.
Agree, "recharging" process can be more detailed. It seems highly unrealistic that EVERY merchant can instantly do this. But, since it obviuosly is hardcoded, you can allow to buy/sell wands, rings etc. only at High Hedge and Sorcerous Sundries and change prices for "rechargeable" things? At least Thalantyr has his "bigshinysipinnigthingofsomebigpower" ;)  ;D

I think I am a bit lost here as it seems to me your are saying that dual- and multiclassing is unbalanced (due to the increased XP cap) but also that it is the only fun left in the game. Could you explain what RoMDII stands for and what you think 'the good old spirit of the game' is?
*I* (just my imho) think that if you stay singleclassed, you must have some IMPORTANT bonuses/traits, that don`t  available to no other class, multi or dual combination. This is the way to replay game with different experience each time.
In RoMD you can be LVL16 single class or LVL32 multi without significant drawbacks. So if you want advance to high levels, you must choice another class. In the end you can advance char in 2 classes to MAX available level, and don`t want to play with it another time.
If you dual or multi your char in BG you in most cases lose something - access to some HLA or high level spells or mastery level in weapons etc. You simple cannot "comlete" many careers with one char.
In FotD now MAX level fighter can be dualled for
- all spells of the mage
- almost all spells of the cleric (5th level spells is not that important to keep)
- very high level of thief abilites
What i can suggest?
1. Cap XP for each class differently (it is allowed by changhing 2DA table) to prevent MAX level char dualling and to prevent multiclass char reach MAX level in any class.
2. Some artifacts for single class only chars (i know many people who played paladins just for Carsomyr)

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2005, 05:25:28 AM »
What is RoMD?
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2005, 08:52:19 AM »
What is RoMD?
Pool of Radiance II: Ruins of Myth Drannor

narayanan

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2006, 03:23:13 AM »
How to apply text-deceration ="none" without aplying class for a webpage.

Regards,
Narayanan.V.G. :'(

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2006, 04:07:10 AM »
Say again?

-Echon

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: