Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.01  (Read 28223 times)

LoOk

Re: Bug Reports v1.01
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 01:53:44 PM »
He does cast a trigger or something on you in the cutscene when Gorion gets killed. Don't know if that's a dudleyville feature?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 02:42:04 PM »
Firebead Elvenhair plays no part in that cutscene so it has to be Dudleyville interfering.

-Echon

LoOk

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2005, 08:41:10 AM »
He casts Protection from Evil on you. Must be Dudley's then yes.

Offline Finros

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2005, 11:08:20 AM »
Firebead Elvenhair plays no part in that cutscene so it has to be Dudleyville interfering.

It is Dudleyville, removed his patches and those two "spells"are gone.  Unfortunately his patches seem to cause me more problems than they fix...

Hehe. Did any particularly unpleasant situations arise from this feature?

Only a few...hundred *grins*  Really like the feature, makes every game feel like new.

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2005, 12:58:55 PM »
Is it intentional that my wand of monster summoning summons 50 or so ogrillons/gnolls/half-ogres with each use?

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2005, 01:09:43 PM »
Is it intentional that my wand of monster summoning summons 50 or so ogrillons/gnolls/half-ogres with each use?

Not exactly. It will be corrected.

-Echon

Elfbane

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »
I'm doing Minsc's quest. When you enter AR5200(Dryad's Woods) and Imoen is in your party, it looks like she constantly trying to Hide In Shadows, and she doesn't keep up with the party. I removed her script, no joy. When you leave the area, she returns to normal.
Update on the 'Hide In Shadows' minor problem. It's not just Imoen it affects. It always affects Imoen IF she is in the party. If not, it affects another party member at random. If you enter the area with just the PC, it affects him/her. All this is moot however, because as soon as you complete your first combat in the area, the buglet goes away.

ElfBane

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2005, 04:48:56 PM »
Hello! It is me with the feeblemind related problem again, though this time it is naturally about something else. For some reason I can no longer reach Werewolf Island (or whatever it is called). Whenever I tell Mendas that I am ready to leave and the loading screen appears the game always shuts down after finishing to load. Could this be related to the mod?

And by the way, it is a very nice mod indeed. I especially like the redistribution of magical items and that you now gain experience points from picking locks and disarming traps.
I am doing the coastal area and I now have a permanent 'Feeblemind' icon on Adjantis. It does not seem to affect his performance, but nothing seems to get rid of it.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2005, 04:55:58 PM »
Update on the 'Hide In Shadows' minor problem. It's not just Imoen it affects. It always affects Imoen IF she is in the party. If not, it affects another party member at random. If you enter the area with just the PC, it affects him/her. All this is moot however, because as soon as you complete your first combat in the area, the buglet goes away.

I really cannot explain this as it does not happen on either of my install, with or without Imoen.

Have you assigned one of the thief scripts to her?

-Echon

Grog

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2005, 09:48:24 PM »
I'm having a similar problem as Elfbane with AR5200.  Except its Khalid that keeps getting interrupted (with or without AI).

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »
Androuine in AR3600(Lighthouse area) won't give me credit for saving her son. When I went up there I only fought 2 worgs though, and I think you're supposed to fight 3. This 'random walking' , while enhancing the game, is turning into  a minor pain. Is it possible to have them random walk in a certain section of the grid, and not all over the area? Anyway, this area was very challenging. Plenty of worgs/wolves, tasloi and hobgoblins. The improved Sirens are pretty good. I had to rethink a new stategy to fight them!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2005, 05:16:09 PM »
Androuine in AR3600(Lighthouse area) won't give me credit for saving her son. When I went up there I only fought 2 worgs though, and I think you're supposed to fight 3. This 'random walking' , while enhancing the game, is turning into  a minor pain. Is it possible to have them random walk in a certain section of the grid, and not all over the area?

I had a look at the area and these particular worgs only appear here. I will simply remove the random walking script so that the quest is not a pain to complete.

Anyway, this area was very challenging. Plenty of worgs/wolves, tasloi and hobgoblins. The improved Sirens are pretty good. I had to rethink a new stategy to fight them!

How did you deal with them? Also, did you encounter a creature that does not normally reside in the area?

-Echon

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2005, 03:10:32 AM »
Androuine in AR3600(Lighthouse area) won't give me credit for saving her son. When I went up there I only fought 2 worgs though, and I think you're supposed to fight 3. This 'random walking' , while enhancing the game, is turning into  a minor pain. Is it possible to have them random walk in a certain section of the grid, and not all over the area?

I had a look at the area and these particular worgs only appear here. I will simply remove the random walking script so that the quest is not a pain to complete.

Anyway, this area was very challenging. Plenty of worgs/wolves, tasloi and hobgoblins. The improved Sirens are pretty good. I had to rethink a new stategy to fight them!

How did you deal with them? Also, did you encounter a creature that does not normally reside in the area?

-Echon
I'm going to go back to the area and try to find that 3rd worg and complete the quest. Let's see,,,, I fought...
wolves
worgs
couple a dread wolves
BEAUCOUP hobgoblins
8-10 Sirens(it seems!)
3 flesh golems(in the cave)
...and that's all I remember so far. As I said , I'm going back.
Defeating Sirens: Well,,,, I cheesed a bit. I cast Iron Mind on Adjantis... then sent him in with skeletons. Once that party had them occupied I brought up the rest of the party and used ranged weapons (I left my cleric with Dispel Magic out of the fight in case that spell was needed).

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2005, 03:22:12 AM »
Ah, I see. I do not think that is cheesy, it is just sensible use of a protection spell and summoned creatures with certain immunities.

-Echon

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2005, 04:26:43 AM »
Agreed.  Good tactics!=cheese :).
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
Okay, I think I've encountered some IDS-related bugs.  During installation it said it was patching 449 scripts, and a lot of them had this error:

[fotd/ACT01.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 10 column 38-38
Near Text: )
     Too many arguments to [CreateCreature]. Recovering.

I'm guessing every single instance of a script with this in it errored out.  Was it intended that a certain set of IDS files be installed or included?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »
Yeah, my IDS in BG1 doesn't have the face argument, just "7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*)".

I think Baldurdash might not be installed on this one, though.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2005, 01:33:04 PM »
Uh, yes, the CreatureCreature() issue. Well, BioWare were quite inconsistent in their use of this action. In all their DLGs, they skip the facing part of it and therefore WeiDU made a lot of warnings about that. So I figured I could get rid of those warnings the easiest way by removing that bit from the ACTION.IDS but it turns out that they do use it in their scripts so now WeiDU complains about that. What I intend to do now is to correct the IDS and then add facing to all the DLGs that are missing it.

-Echon

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2005, 01:45:09 PM »
Is it expected behaviour that none of my cleric spells have descriptions?

False alarm.  I believe this may have to do with my bizarre baldur.ini setup with multiple BG1 installations.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 01:47:25 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
The Strength of Stone icon has pink pixels in it.

What I believe is arow01.itm has its name as "Impregnable Mind".

CUTSPY.cre crashes my game.  Removing all the effects on it solves the problem, but then of course it doesn't act as a cutspy at all.  The effects for "remove fog of war" and "remove animation" don't seem to exist in BG1.  Aaaaand, upon looking through your .tp2 and folder and stuff, you don't seem to add a cutspy or anything.  Maybe this is a relic of Dudleyfix, which I didn't think I had installed.  Hmm.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 02:19:00 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »
The Strength of Stone icon has pink pixels in it.

Heh, there are six of them and I had not noticed.

What I believe is arow01.itm has its name as "Impregnable Mind".

It is indeed arow01.itm. It and some other items and spells have incorrect names and descriptions. It is all on the to-do list.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2005, 05:11:51 PM »
I found the error; it's in the shield spell itself. Effect #13 (Colour Glow) in each extension header has an invalid location number assigned.

I also found Effect #12 in each extension header also has an invalid location number assigned.

None of these location numbers are invalid. They are used by all spells with flashy graphics and I would have noticed long ago if they caused the game to crash. The real problem is that he was using the wrong animation. Changing FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF_LOW to FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF solved it.

-Echon

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »

-Echon

Ha!! Found it,,, the 3rd worg for quest credit,,AND....... a Dracolisk!!! I had Imoen scouting ahead and she saw it. I pulled her back to the party and thought awhile...          ( I know nothing about this creature. Can it petrify? It's a cross between a black dragon and a basilisk. What does that tell me? What is a black dragon's weapon? Poison? I don't remember! Well,,, let's try...)
So I cast Gaze Reflection and Protection from Poison on Imoen, had her Hide In Shadows, had her creep ahead and intiate combat. The dracolisk focused on Immy and attacked(buggers move fairly fast!). Immy took some sort of gaze or breath attack that took half her hit points but didn't stop her. The dracolisk was then surrounded by my melee fighters and they made short work of it, with not too much damage.

General impressions: MUCH weaker than a dragon, of course, but also weaker than a normal basilisk it seemed to me. Maybe I just got lucky and had a few critical hits. Also after the dracolisk shot its weapon at Imoen(what is the monsters weapon?) it didn't try a ranged attack again and just proceeded to close to melee. I liked its slightly faster speed, but maybe it needs something like a poison bite to make it more formidable.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2005, 05:49:33 PM »
Dracolisks are only slightly more powerful than lesser basilisks. The ranged attack you mention is a breath weapon that does acid damage which it should use more than once.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2005, 06:02:20 PM »
Hello! It is me with the feeblemind related problem again, though this time it is naturally about something else. For some reason I can no longer reach Werewolf Island (or whatever it is called). Whenever I tell Mendas that I am ready to leave and the loading screen appears the game always shuts down after finishing to load. Could this be related to the mod?

I am afraid I cannot duplicate this bug. I have tested it on two installs and no errors occur.

-Echon

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: