Author Topic: Bug Reports v1.01  (Read 28224 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Bug Reports v1.01
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005, 04:22:34 PM »
Dragons, Baatezu, and Tannar'i are magical, mythological creatures while bears are not. If it's something magical/mythological (a Blink Bear, perhaps?) then it is a different case.

Not in P&P.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2005, 06:17:33 PM »
So for consistency, would that mean Party members and opposing humanoids (if they reach appropriate levels) may attack with magical fists?

-Galactygon

Salk

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2005, 11:34:29 PM »
The fact is that the point of making some special, magical creature immune to +4 weapon (but even +3) is to make such creatures impossible to be damaged *not* by "normal" ones (attacks) but more than that by any not powerful magical attack (+4 attacking cratures/weapons should be extremely rare...)

A bear, a common animal, no matter how many hit dice, should not be able to damage them because of their nature.

Even if that +4 at HD 10 is not meant to enhance Thac0 or inflicted damage, it still seems to overpower non magical creatures. For consistency then, as Galactycon said, humanoids of average-high levels should be allowed to hit with fists at the same way and that doesn't sound so good...Persoanl opinion of course!  ;)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2005, 01:52:53 AM »
So for consistency, would that mean Party members and opposing humanoids (if they reach appropriate levels) may attack with magical fists?

No, only creatures or characters that reguarly use their natural weapons. This is why a monk's fists start to count as magical in BG2.

-Echon

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2005, 08:11:06 AM »
No, that is correct. What is wrong is that the patch does not fix everything it promises to fix. Amazing, huh?

-Echon

Quite. But, after all, this is still the best mod around for Bg(along with Tutu). Keep up the good work.

Mark
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

ElfBane

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 05:40:07 PM »
1. This may not be FotD related, but here goes. When I went to off Tranzig, and you get him hurt enough, he does his "beg for mercy, I surrender" thing. I rejected the offer, but he goes into a "surrender" loop. When you end dialog, his "surrender" offer comes back up after 2 seconds. It makes the fight tough to finish with just melee. Spells act fast enough though.
2. I still have the problem with Imoen in AR5200. She constantly tries to 'Hide In Shadows' when your party is in that area. I'm going to put BG on one of my other computers and see if I can duplicate this on another machine. I gonna try to get this done over the weekend. I'll report back. ;)

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 07:45:48 PM »
I also encountered Bug #1 in the above post.

-Galactygon

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 01:40:05 AM »
1. Ogre-mage Droth (one with syren) don`t start melee fight once out of spells.
2. Merchants in Nashkel and Carnival don`t share info about stolen items.

/Off Great mod! First mod that look much better than original BG.

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2005, 02:00:18 AM »
There is some issues with field of view:
1. Sometimes my PC see (and shoot) monsters in "fog of war".
2. Sometimes monsters stop attacks when in PC field of view on edge of "fog of war".

/off I like improved ogre-mage Khark - one powerfull bloody bastard for early stage of the game.  :D

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2005, 02:33:17 AM »
1. This may not be FotD related, but here goes. When I went to off Tranzig, and you get him hurt enough, he does his "beg for mercy, I surrender" thing. I rejected the offer, but he goes into a "surrender" loop. When you end dialog, his "surrender" offer comes back up after 2 seconds. It makes the fight tough to finish with just melee. Spells act fast enough though.

This is likely a bug related to the mod.

2. I still have the problem with Imoen in AR5200. She constantly tries to 'Hide In Shadows' when your party is in that area. I'm going to put BG on one of my other computers and see if I can duplicate this on another machine. I gonna try to get this done over the weekend. I'll report back. ;)

Do you have a wireless keyboard and mouse? If so, try pressing F9.

1. Ogre-mage Droth (one with syren) don`t start melee fight once out of spells.

This will be fixed.

I am not sure what you mean by this.

/Off Great mod! First mod that look much better than original BG.

I am glad you like it. :)

There is some issues with field of view:
1. Sometimes my PC see (and shoot) monsters in "fog of war".
2. Sometimes monsters stop attacks when in PC field of view on edge of "fog of war".

The fog of war is hardcoded and I have no control over how the characters respond to it.

/off I like improved ogre-mage Khark - one powerfull bloody bastard for early stage of the game.  :D

Hehehe. Yes, he can be quite a challenge if you approach him with a very low-level party.

-Echon

ElfBane

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2005, 02:43:37 AM »

Do you have a wireless keyboard and mouse? If so, try pressing F9.

I don't have wireless.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:46:21 AM by ElfBane »

Offline Schatten

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2005, 03:34:11 AM »

I am not sure what you mean by this.
You can buy some item, then sell it to Carnival merchant, then steal it, then sell it to Nashkel merchant, then steal it again. I did it with Horn of Kazgaroth. Actually I sold it again to High Hedge.
May i suggest upgrade that item work time? Pricy thing with nasty side effects and only 2 real sec of protection (18 sec in description)? 2 or 3 turns sounds more reasonable and not overpowered.

And in context of the mod, since other Girdles are removed,  can you replace Girdle of Piercing with Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity? Both in ogre inventory and the quest of cource.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 03:41:00 AM by Schatten »

ElfBane

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2005, 05:37:20 PM »
Not really a bug, just a behaviour notice: Drizzt will not leave the area he's in until ALL of the Gnolls in the grid are dead, not just the ones in the immediate fight in the center of the grid. You may have planned it this way, of course. 8)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2005, 03:21:19 PM »
You can buy some item, then sell it to Carnival merchant, then steal it, then sell it to Nashkel merchant, then steal it again. I did it with Horn of Kazgaroth. Actually I sold it again to High Hedge.
May i suggest upgrade that item work time? Pricy thing with nasty side effects and only 2 real sec of protection (18 sec in description)? 2 or 3 turns sounds more reasonable and not overpowered.

The description is correct; its effects do last for 18 seconds, which equals 3 rounds. I agree with you that that is a very short duration, and I may increase it.

And in context of the mod, since other Girdles are removed,  can you replace Girdle of Piercing with Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity? Both in ogre inventory and the quest of cource.

I have not removed any girdles.

Not really a bug, just a behaviour notice: Drizzt will not leave the area he's in until ALL of the Gnolls in the grid are dead, not just the ones in the immediate fight in the center of the grid. You may have planned it this way, of course. 8)

The problem is probably related to their randomwalking. I will make sure they stand still so it does not become a pain to hunt them all down.

-Echon

Offline MooCowsAreEvil

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2005, 06:41:46 PM »
When ever I get poisoned instead of it doing 1 damage it does 1000.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2005, 03:23:25 AM »
From the ReadMe:

'All types of poison now do their full damage instantly, meaning that a character will recieve 15 points of damage rather than 1 point of damage per second for 15 seconds. Some poisons should have onset times (an amount of time before it takes effect) but I have not been able to create these so to take that into account, a few spells and items have been altered. This includes slow poison, neutralise poison, the antidote and the elixir of health. In addition to their previous effects, they now also provide immunity to poison for certain durations.'

1000 poison damage represents poison that kills you instantly.

-Echon

LoOk

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2005, 05:45:41 AM »
Can't you make that optional? That's the only function I don't agree with :) .

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2005, 06:22:33 AM »
No.

Note that only a few types of creatures have such powerful poison.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2005, 11:26:54 AM »
The game crashes when Halakan (or Halacan) casts shield on himself. You can find the bounty hunter below the village of Gullykin.

-Galactygon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2005, 11:31:53 AM »
I found the error; it's in the shield spell itself. Effect #13 (Colour Glow) in each extension header has an invalid location number assigned.

I also found Effect #12 in each extension header also has an invalid location number assigned.

-Galactygon

Mabelode

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 07:14:37 AM »
Hello! It is me with the feeblemind related problem again, though this time it is naturally about something else. For some reason I can no longer reach Werewolf Island (or whatever it is called). Whenever I tell Mendas that I am ready to leave and the loading screen appears the game always shuts down after finishing to load. Could this be related to the mod?

And by the way, it is a very nice mod indeed. I especially like the redistribution of magical items and that you now gain experience points from picking locks and disarming traps.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 07:33:37 AM »
Hello! It is me with the feeblemind related problem again, though this time it is naturally about something else. For some reason I can no longer reach Werewolf Island (or whatever it is called). Whenever I tell Mendas that I am ready to leave and the loading screen appears the game always shuts down after finishing to load. Could this be related to the mod?

It certainly could. I will have a look at it.

And by the way, it is a very nice mod indeed. I especially like the redistribution of magical items and that you now gain experience points from picking locks and disarming traps.

Gaining XP from using tieving skills is also one of the features I am very fond of. It adds to playing a thief.

-Echon

Offline Finros

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2005, 12:04:06 PM »
For some reason arrows in my game are labelled with the full description for a potion.  Mages are able to learn two "spells"; Firebeads contingency and Firebeads trigger.  Neither of which do anything.  Both of which have the protection from evil symbol.  I have been able to reproduce both these bugs through two different installations.

Off topic, love the random walking of the various creatures.  Makes one proceed with a little more caution than before...

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
For some reason arrows in my game are labelled with the full description for a potion.

I am aware of this. I thought I had fixed it but managed to keep it out of the patch.

Mages are able to learn two "spells"; Firebeads contingency and Firebeads trigger.  Neither of which do anything.  Both of which have the protection from evil symbol.  I have been able to reproduce both these bugs through two different installations.

You are going to have to explain this in greater detail as I could find no so such spells during character generation. I am not even sure what you mean by Firebead's Contingency and Firebead's Trigger.

Off topic, love the random walking of the various creatures.  Makes one proceed with a little more caution than before...

Hehe. Did any particularly unpleasant situations arise from this feature?

-Echon

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »
You are going to have to explain this in greater detail as I could find no so such spells during character generation. I am not even sure what you mean by Firebead's Contingency and Firebead's Trigger.
Sounds a teensy bit like Dudleyfix.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: