Author Topic: FotD v1.07 released  (Read 37612 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
FotD v1.07 released
« on: April 26, 2005, 06:57:17 PM »
This patch updates the Fields of the Dead to v1.01 and contains the following fixes:

Strength of One interruption
Chant exploit
Arrow of Detonation teleportation
NPC special abilities
Really removes Chaotic Commands
Portrait Icon descriptions
Armor and Grease description
Crash in AR3327
Small Shield +1, Medium Shield +1 and Large Shield +1 descriptions

Get it here: http://www.pocketplane.net/fotd

-Echon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:00:51 AM by Echon »

Offline Nakia

• Planewalker
Re: FotD Patch 1.01 released
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 07:42:58 PM »
Do I just install over the old FoTD? How will it affect my current game? Things have been going well so far.  I'm about to go to Cloakwood.  Can you tell me what the Default Scripts do.  I left them on but they don't seem to do much.  Which is fine with me.  I am playing on Core rules and if I had any complaints or suggestions I wish some of the run of the mill fights had been toughen up or changed.  Some of the fights are a waste of time. 

I like the mod enough to join this forum so as to keep up to date. :D

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 07:50:26 PM »
Yes, simply unpack to your BG folder, install and continue playing the game. The only thing the Default script does is to make a character anyone that character is being attacked by. And that only happens if that character is not doing anything.

Which fights did you find too easy?

Good. :)

-Echon

Offline Nakia

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 08:00:43 PM »
Elsewhere someone  posted about the fights.  The Hobgoblings, xvart, tolsoi.   The ones I think of as fill-in fights.  I don't think you changed them in the mod but left them the way they orginally written.   I noticed you've added gold and trinkets as loot.  I have a lot more money than I got before.  I also spend it.   Got a surprise when I went to get ankrgeg(sp?) armor made.  The dwarf fighter was carrying it and I ended up with dwarf armor which was great but not intentional.  Now I want one for Minsc.   My main character is my little halfling rogue/fighter who can't wear it anyway without penalty. 

Off Topic:  Playing a halfling as a Bhaalspawn is rather interesting.  Wish BG had a decent avartar for a halfling female.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:09:20 PM »
Most of the humanoids in the game have only undergone few changes and that applies to the AI, as well. I think the only differences you are going to notice are the randomwalking which occasionally provides some unexpected surprises and the use of shout to alarm their allies.

Taerom can make the ankheg armor or any race so even though he was talking to a dwarf you can tell him to make it for a human.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 01:11:35 AM »
Hello!

Presently the link for getting the patch is not working (it just sends me back to Pockerplane's main page).

One question, Echon: do you plan in the future to work more on the creature's AI to further improve their behaviour ? I read that you had to cancel your initial project of providing active search and line of sight detection because its script would be too slow but it's something you can work on or is a problem that can't be overcome ?

Compliments again, however, for what you have achieved!

Salk

P.S. I hope it's going well for the FotD website...I liked it and now I miss it... :'(

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 03:35:28 AM »
The link has been fixed.

The AI will likely be updated later on but I have yet to attempt to implement many of the ideas that I have.

Thanks. I do not know when but I hope the site will be up again soon.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 04:40:41 AM »
Thanks for these important words, Echon. The AI improvements that you planned were, in my opinion, the greatest innovations you thought of and definitely the most difficult to implement. But I do believe you have the means for it...With time and patience. Thanks again!

Offline Nakia

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 08:30:40 AM »
I've run into two bugs.

1) When I go to get the Ankheg armor made I am not getting the dialogue for choosing what type of armor I want.

2) In AR1700 when fighting the wyvern instead of damage info I something like "The long bow is similiar to the short bow...."

I can live with the 2nd but I really need human ankheg armor.

You must have made that fight in the spider lair where the boy's body is harder.  I don't remember having so much trouble with it before.  I reloaded so many times I lost track of the count.  It was quite challenging.   ;D

Edit: When identified cursed items are not showing up as cursed.  Was this on purpose or an accident?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 08:33:10 AM by Nakia »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 09:21:39 AM »
1) When I go to get the Ankheg armor made I am not getting the dialogue for choosing what type of armor I want.

The new dialogue I made is not being installed but I will add it.

2) In AR1700 when fighting the wyvern instead of damage info I something like "The long bow is similiar to the short bow...."

Once again a TP2 error.

You must have made that fight in the spider lair where the boy's body is harder.  I don't remember having so much trouble with it before.  I reloaded so many times I lost track of the count.  It was quite challenging.   ;D

I am fairly sure I did not alter this fight much, if at all, although it may indirectly have become difficult due to the changes to some of the creatures there.

Edit: When identified cursed items are not showing up as cursed.  Was this on purpose or an accident?

This is very much on purpose and it has also been added to description of Identify. I am curious, which cursed item did you equip? :)

-Echon

Offline Nakia

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 11:19:51 AM »

This is very much on purpose and it has also been added to description of Identify. I am curious, which cursed item did you equip? :)

-Echon

A ring of potection I picked up somewhere.  IIRC I had it identified at High Hedge.  ...200 gold for identification!  Good thing you've thrown in extra gold and money making things.  I also think I sold the ring for a nice price.  It's no big deal because I save a lot.
 ;D I'm not complaining just wondering.  I'm enjoying the game.  It feels more right to me especially as in BG the MainChar doesn't know that he/she is a Bhaalspawn. 

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 04:05:37 AM »

The altered dialogue and the new strings are being installed correctly but something strange happens to the dialogue after WeiDU has compiled it. It definately does not work the way it should.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: FotD v1.02 released
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 03:49:08 PM »
A new update is available with the following fixes:

Friendly Arm Inn guards
Silke and Song of the Moring temple sirines AI
Tarnesh spells
Undead immunity to healing spells
Sirine touch
Algernon's Cloak charges
Sleep spell 2nd header
Arrow descriptions
Innate ability descriptions
Magical shield descriptions
Invisible Stalker attack
Tranzing dialogue loop
Ogre Droth AI
Stealing from stores in Carnival
Drizzt gnolls movement
Horn of Kazgaroth duration
Halacan animation
Wand of Conjuration
Strength of Stone icon
Ardrouine worgs movement
Warnings during install

This update also fixes Taerom Fuirum's dialogue. Go and have your ankheg armours made.

-Echon
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:31:11 AM by Echon »

Offline Nakia

• Planewalker
Re: FotD v1.02 released
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 06:05:01 PM »
 :)Thank thee kindly, Echon.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: FotD v1.03 released
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 02:15:49 PM »
V1.03 presents:

Fixes:

Countless pink dots removed
Charisma modifier
Scrolls of protection values
Proficiency penalties in Magical Stones
Magical Stones automatically equipped
Blanks in treasure 2DAs removed
Safana dialogue check
Bow of Neverending Arrows text
Chill Touch duration
Contagion not being dispellable
Shield descriptions
Two-handed Sword proficiency
Wyvern names
Protrait icon descriptions
Skeletons now immune to Feeblemind
Rainbow crash
Chant now available to all priests
Stone to Flesh scrolls back in the game

-Echon

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 01:49:34 AM »
Congratulations for this new release, Echon! I see that Serious Sam didnt affect too much your bug-hunting!  ;)

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 03:27:14 AM »
Good to hear! But does that mean you have not copied G3 tweak code for 1/2 handed bastard swords? Or are they back to 2d4?
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 04:35:33 AM »
They remain one-handed swords doing 1D8 damage. I tried to make them usable as both one-handed and two-handed but as far I can tell that is not possible in BG. I am not aware how the G3 Tweak Pack handles it, though.

-Echon

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 05:05:05 AM »
They remain one-handed swords doing 1D8 damage. I tried to make them usable as both one-handed and two-handed but as far I can tell that is not possible in BG. I am not aware how the G3 Tweak Pack handles it, though.

-Echon
That was G3 tweak pack for BG2, maybe it does not work in BG1.
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 05:39:02 AM »
I don't see why you couldn't use the same concept as the G3 Tweaks for the bastard swords.  It basically makes two copies of all the bastard swords and adds a new effect (#122 Create Inventory Item).  The sword is destroyed when that "charge" is used and the one-/two-handed version is swapped.  If I'm not mistaken, effect #122 works in BG1 (I know it does with TotSC), so you should be able to make it work.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 08:16:42 AM »
Ah, I see. But what happens to the shield that is being used together with a one-handed bastard sword when the player swaps it for the two-handed version?

-Echon

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 08:21:23 AM »
The new item is created in the inventory, not in a weapon slot, to avoid the inevitable crash of having a 2H weapon & shield equipped.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 08:21:49 AM »
Personally I dont think bastard swords should be used either as one hand or two hand weapons. One or the other. So I dont see the need of changing anything about it in FotD... 8)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 08:24:12 AM »
CamDawg,

I take advantage of your presence here to ask you if anything can be done with the Tutufixes' code in order to let us TuTu and FotD fans play these two mods together one day...I ask you since the "coding malpractice fixes" in the Tutufixes Read me mentions your name as author!  ;)

smith

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 09:47:36 PM »
What mods/fixes would you recommend to install before installing & playing FotD?

It's been about five years since ive played bg1 (except tutu which ive been playing the last week or so) so i do not know what mod's are out there for it. The only ones ive come across are:
* Baldurdash fix packs
* race traits fix

Should i install these & what others should i install?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: