Author Topic: More misc stuff  (Read 8738 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
More misc stuff
« on: April 18, 2005, 07:08:54 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 02:07:59 PM by Andyr »
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Re: v15 stuff.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »
Web Sack can be sold for 45,000 gold, due to two bugs. The base price is 15k, which is out of line with other wands--I'd suggest something in the neighborhood of 7,000 gold. The extreme price markup is really due to the over-charging of the wand. The item file shows one charge, but it's being given with 10 charges: GiveItemCreate("wand14",LastTalkedToBy,10,0,0) from sppain.dlg. If we up the charges in the item to 10 (or more) then the extreme markup should go away.

Second issue are the two sewer cleaners. They both use adventurer animations and come equipped with swords and shields; I don't recall anyway you can end up fighting them. I suggest they use default commoner creatures with no equipment.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 03:05:16 AM »
I already decreased the value by a factor of 10; will look into the charges.

Do you think the sewer cleaners are worth changing? Perhaps they're armed in case of goblins/kobolds/oozes or something.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 02:47:02 PM »
Given that the Web Sack is so much more powerful than Web (+6 penalty to victims' Saves, as opposed to +2 from the spell, IIRC), I'd say that the price of the wand should reflect that--or, even better, just alter the spell to have the exact same effects as Web.

If there are monsters about, sewer cleaners should be armed, and believably so. You have no idea how much I hate the Suldenessellar Elves, putting on their unenchanted Chainmail and Longswords to go hunt Iron Golems.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:36 PM »
Hurg says: "I don't know nothing about weapons, really. Trained a bit in hammers, but I don't keep none myself. Not sure what you want." Why would he be fully equipped and armed to fight off monsters? The one weapon he might be able to use, he admits to not having.

Web Sack should not be ahead of more useful wands like Fire, Lightning, Monster Summoning, Spell Striking, etc. The only two wands with base prices of 15k are Wand of the Heavens and Wand of Polymorphing, and I'd say the latter is a mistake anyway.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 04:32:59 PM by CamDawg »

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 12:50:53 AM »
Hurg says: "I don't know nothing about weapons, really. Trained a bit in hammers, but I don't keep none myself. Not sure what you want." Why would he be fully equipped and armed to fight off monsters? The one weapon he might be able to use, he admits to not having.
Given that his speech is mod content and not canon BG, I see no reason to kowtow to it when it's obviously nonsensical--which it is. If the Sewer Cleaners are nothing but Level 1 Commoners who would get chunked by a Goblin sneezing on them, what the hell are they doing in an area packed with Goblins?

Change his text to account for his equipment. Make him believable.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 06:07:58 AM »
Hurg's line is original, not mod content. It's very believable that a level 10 fighter would choose to be a sewer cleaner instead of a guard or mercenary or... anything in the world except a sewer cleaner.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
When I first made this component (and it was, actually the very first one) I didn't take into account what the sewer workers looked like.  It... didn't really cross my mind.  I just copied over some other .cre files and edited as needed.  Over the 14+ subsequent releases of the mod, I never bothered to examine the fact that they looked like a couple of seasoned adventurers cleaning out the sewage system.  Hurg's line is indeed original content, not mine. 

IIRC, I had to deactivate a spawn point to place Jaegger and Hurg where they are now.  I don't think I could find a better place, but suggestions are welcome.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »
If you could activate the spawn point when they're gone or dead or anything like that, that'd be nice.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: