Author Topic: Archived Bug Reports  (Read 100557 times)

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Re: Mazzy/Gorf not fixed?
« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2005, 02:19:21 PM »
The Mazzy-Gorf encouner has two issues, only one of which I can only recall off the top of my head. The area script has a block that once true, always evaluates to true. In effect, once it gets tripped anything below it ceases to work. I believe this is the bit that Blucher fixes. Nalia's graveyard stuff has a similar issue with a Bodhi block interfering with the Nalia suff.

These are both fixed in the upcoming BG2 Fixpack.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline magnate

• Planewalker
« Reply #476 on: September 28, 2005, 04:51:04 PM »
Magic! Is there an ETA on that? (Or another thread that I should read?)

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #477 on: September 28, 2005, 06:17:04 PM »
The Mazzy-Gorf encouner has two issues, only one of which I can only recall off the top of my head. The area script has a block that once true, always evaluates to true. In effect, once it gets tripped anything below it ceases to work. I believe this is the bit that Blucher fixes. Nalia's graveyard stuff has a similar issue with a Bodhi block interfering with the Nalia suff.
IIRC, Blucher's fix resolves the issue where the bystander continuously spawns and causes variable funkiness (which can leave the quest unfinishable). There is a second issue with part of Korgan's quest in AR0400.bcs which prevents the latter parts of that script from ever running, which I don't think is fixed anywhere other than the upcoming fixpack.

I don't think that Nalia's graveyard quest is below the Garrick spawn mistake in AR0800.bcs (i.e., it only blocks Bodhi from appearing). If the funeral isn't happening, there's something else going on (or the timer for it simply hasn't expired). I remember that there was one path out of the keep that could prevent Nalia's quests from running properly, but I have no idea which one or what the solution was.

Offline magnate

• Planewalker
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2005, 07:41:34 PM »

These are both fixed in the upcoming BG2 Fixpack.

CamDawg, can you give me any more info? These are the only two quests/encounters I can't trigger, everything else is done. I'm an insane anal-retentive completist, and I can't rest until they're done. Ok ok that's not quite true, but it would be nice if they worked, rather than me having to use the CLUAconsole (which will probably only sort out Nalia's father's funeral, since reports of using it to spawn Gorf are patchy).

I can't find any other references to an upcoming BG2 fixpack - can you point me to a thread/board/site for it? Can I d/l these components in advance of the whole thing being finished?

It's hard to believe that these two things have been broken since ToB came out four years ago, and they're not covered in Baldurdash or any other fixes. Weird.

CC

Offline Cocobard

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Reports - v14
« Reply #479 on: October 01, 2005, 05:52:44 PM »
I'm afraid French version won't install...

file : wwminscub.tra (in tra/french folder)

Line  556

@543  = ~Vous êtes plus intelligent que ne le suggère votre apparence. Laissez-moi vous donner un conseil <MANWOMAN>. Prenez un bain. La couche de poussière qui est collée à votre peau ne vous sied guère.~ ~~Vous êtes plus intelligente que ne le suggère votre apparence. Laissez-moi vous donner un conseil <MANWOMAN>. Prenez un bain. La couche de poussière qui est collée à votre peau ne vous sied guère.~

I don't know wether it has already been raported...

Thanks for this mod and for your time.

edit: i removed the "~" but installation had another problem :

Install Component [Classe de Sanguinaire]
[Y]es or [N]o or [Q]uit? n

Skipping [Classe de Sanguinaire]
ERROR: No translation provided for @1000
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-UB.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

Press ENTER to exit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 06:00:23 PM by Cocobard »

Offline NYVaughan

• Planewalker
Kelsey frozen beginning in spellhold maze
« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2005, 04:13:25 PM »
Posted in Kelsey forum but someone mentioned they had this problem but that it was Jaheria who wouldn't move and that it was solved by Uninstalling "Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold"

So.. here goes again..

First time it happened I had talked with Bodhi and picked up Imoen before seeing Kelsey wouldn't move..

Reloaded before spellhold and Tried again to see if it was just a glitch..

Came back through spellhold..
Kelsey moves and can be chosen up till Irenicus arrives and experiments..
Went into Dream where by the way.. All other avatars aren't seen on screen but they still show as part of my party and of course can't be chosen.. including him..<Very much like Kelsey is with the problem only then his avatar is on screen>

Woke up went to maze

Bodhi talked to me

Didn't pickup Imoen..

Tried to talk to him and..

His avatar is there but not moving and can't be chosen or talked to.. not dead.. full hps.. armor still on.. but it is as if the game stuck his information at dream level for him only..
Warm Fuzzies

Kary

Re: Kelsey frozen beginning in spellhold maze
« Reply #481 on: October 02, 2005, 04:39:44 PM »
Did you install a patch for SOA or TOB before installing any mods because if you haven't I heard it could cause all kinds of problems.

Offline NYVaughan

• Planewalker
« Reply #482 on: October 02, 2005, 04:42:45 PM »
Installed both before mods.. And did a very carefull install order too following the suggested first and definately last orders..
Warm Fuzzies

Kary

« Reply #483 on: October 03, 2005, 08:59:58 AM »
 ??? In that case I don't know what's wrong I never had this type of problem maybe your Kelsey is not compatible with some other mod or something.

The Pretender

« Reply #484 on: October 03, 2005, 05:23:35 PM »
I'm trying to install version 6.02, but the installer is telling me the resource [musiclist.ids] is not found in the Key file [./chitin.key] I do have several other mods installed:

TDD
Ascension
Chloe
Revised Hell Trials
NPC Flirt

Any ideas?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #485 on: October 03, 2005, 05:50:51 PM »
Err, I don't think there ever was a version number 6.02. Are you sure it is Unfinished Business?

In any case, I am not sure UB and TDD play well together.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #486 on: October 03, 2005, 07:32:12 PM »
I swore off point releases as of v2.  The only thing I can think of that's v6.02 is Tortured Souls.  Or one of the mindboggling releases of the BP behemoth.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
« Reply #487 on: October 04, 2005, 03:44:48 PM »
Will there be a version 15? I'm asking because i'm unable to install the mod. At the end of the "installation" it doesn't appear anything like succesfully installed (...). I cannot uninstall the components.

thanks

Yep - that is a problem with those lines missing in the translated installation.
Sometime soon, I hope we'll complete the German version; it's currently going quite slowly, though, as some of the translators (including me, more or less) are currently busy with other things or have retired.
For the time being, I have added the English strings to the TRA file, so the German translation should install properly, with some lines (from the Sarevok component, iirc) still being English: Before installing, unzip this file to the folder (BG2)\ub\tra\german and overwrite the ubsetup.tra residing there.

(Die verlinkte Datei vor der Installation ins Verzeichnis (BG2)\ub\tra\german entpacken und die bereits vorhandene Datei überschreiben; danach UB installieren.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 03:47:34 PM by Caswallon »
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Reporter

« Reply #488 on: October 27, 2005, 09:15:53 AM »
After I confessed to Minsc, that I tricked him with the fat hamster the message "NO VALID REPLIES OR..." appeared. After that Minsc didn't leave the party and.. and... yeah that's pretty much it.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #489 on: November 12, 2005, 07:53:17 PM »
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

But thanks. :'(

Offline Seer of Shadows

• Planewalker
« Reply #490 on: November 18, 2005, 12:33:26 AM »
Great mod! But I noticed this one really annoying bug that only started after I installed UB. In Suldenesselar/Hell, Imoen would repeatedly die for no apparent reason. Her corpse would vanish from the screen, leaving her equipment, but her portrait is still there, showing that she has not just been Disintegrated or some such thing. What really makes this irritating, however, is that every time I try to raise her, she automatically dies again, over and over! I finally had to reload an earlier save. >:(

I'm using SOA without TOB, fully patched with both the Bioware and Baldurdash fixes, and the only other mod that I have installed is Dungeon-Be-Gone. Let me know if you need any other info.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #491 on: November 18, 2005, 10:31:25 AM »
That's very odd. Hmm... Which components do you have installed? The answer can be found in your WeiDO.log file; opens with a text editor.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Seer of Shadows

• Planewalker
« Reply #492 on: November 27, 2005, 03:34:27 PM »
That's very odd. Hmm... Which components do you have installed? The answer can be found in your WeiDO.log file; opens with a text editor.

Sorry, I forgot I had posted this! :-[

Anyway, here's my WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

Also, there was another bug in Hell in which Valygar and Mazzy would suddenly have Morale Failures when nothing happened to them...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 03:36:51 PM by Seer of Shadows »

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #493 on: November 27, 2005, 08:20:46 PM »
Very odd... I don't know what the problem is caused by. Certainly it isn't something UB users have reported in the past.

Offline Magnus_025

• Planewalker
« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2005, 09:49:29 AM »
Once something similiar happened to me but with Jaheira. She suddenly died time after time and even if i ctrl+r her she continued dying. I thought it was because of a mod and was going to desinstall everything when I noticed that the problem was that her Charisma was below 0 because of the staff you can get from the lich in the doors district. It has a 20% of reducing your Charisma by 1 after every hit. May be one of Imoen's stats are below 0 and now you can do nothing to keep her alive except changing your savegame with shadowkeeper.

Andyr I have the same bug related to the Tob components. It says something about movies25.biff or something. I didn't have problems with v13, but with v14 i can't intall the Tob components. I know you where talking about this bug at the beginning of the topic, but i don't know how to solve it. Do i have to make a full Tob installation? I have a minimum installation of Tob (I only have to options, minimum or full install) and except for the Longer Road Mod (in which I have the same bug except that the installation of Longer Road continues) I haven't any problems for not having the full installation of Tob. Please Heeeeellllllllllpppp!!!!!!!! ??? :'( ???

Offline Seer of Shadows

• Planewalker
« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2005, 07:37:28 PM »
Once something similiar happened to me but with Jaheira. She suddenly died time after time and even if i ctrl+r her she continued dying. I thought it was because of a mod and was going to desinstall everything when I noticed that the problem was that her Charisma was below 0 because of the staff you can get from the lich in the doors district. It has a 20% of reducing your Charisma by 1 after every hit. May be one of Imoen's stats are below 0 and now you can do nothing to keep her alive except changing your savegame with shadowkeeper.

Couldn't be that. I've had Edwin use the same staff and his CHA rolls over to 25(!) after it gets below 1.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #496 on: December 03, 2005, 09:08:58 PM »
Re: rolling over of the charisma to 25. That only happens if you circumvent death by having the character wear a charisma-enhancing ring. If the character isn't wearing a ring, they will die once their charisma hits 0. Try going to a savegame and putting the ring of friendship/influence or whatever it's called on Imoen before she dies... leave it on long enough so that her charisma can roll over to 25 (without her dying) and then she'll be right.

Offline Lys

• Planewalker
Error when quitting setup-UB
« Reply #497 on: December 25, 2005, 07:38:06 PM »
After I uninstalled a portion of the patch, and quit, I get an error message. It happens now always when I quit the installer, even if I don't adjust anything!

error:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: BIFF [./movies/25Movies.bif] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat"
, "./movies/25Movies.bif")
ERROR: BIFF [./movies/25Movies.bif] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat"

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
Re: Error when quitting setup-UB
« Reply #498 on: December 26, 2005, 12:20:13 PM »
By "portion of the patch" you mean the Unfinished Business mod, I assume? If you were referring to the Official Patch, you should install that before (not after) mods.

It is probably nothing, but just in case:

- Can you post the contents of your WeiDU.log file (in the BG2 directory)? This'll tell us what you've got installed.
- I take it from the error you don't have Throne of Bhaal?

Offline the bigg

• The Avatar of Fighter / Thieves
  • Planewalker
Re: Error when quitting setup-UB
« Reply #499 on: December 26, 2005, 12:27:27 PM »
Just to cross-check, with Bigg-DU I was able to install Ding0's Improved Hell minions, and the part which was predicated on saradush.mve installed correctly.
Author or Co-Author: WeiDU (http://j.mp/bLtjOn) - Widescreen (http://j.mp/aKAiqG) - Generalized Biffing (http://j.mp/aVgw3U) - Refinements (http://j.mp/bLHoCc) - TB#Tweaks (http://j.mp/ba02Eg) - IWD2Tweaks (http://j.mp/98OFYY) - TB#Characters (http://j.mp/ak8J55) - Traify Tool (http://j.mp/g1Ry9A) - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics (http://j.mp/9UeIwB) - Nalia Mod (http://j.mp/dng9l0) - Nvidia Fix (http://j.mp/aRWjjg)
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types (http://j.mp/hVzzXG) - Stutter Investigator (http://j.mp/gdtBn8)

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git (http://j.mp/aBZFrq).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: