Author Topic: The official Minsc quest bug thread [Archived, pre-UBv12]  (Read 38371 times)

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
Re: Problem loading ar0300
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2004, 01:13:57 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

That ar0300 problem is strange though... hopefully it won't come up for anyone else (or at least hopefully it's not totally related to the Minsc quest!).

Offline Annowan

• Planewalker
Reïnstalled BG2, Boo (quick item) missing...
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2004, 11:23:25 AM »
Hello PPG community  :) ,

I recently uninstalled Shadows of Amn (and all the mods I had going at that time which were: UB v10, Oversight, Ease-Of-Use, Banter Packs and of course official SoA patch, Baldurdash Bugfixes, Baldurdash Game Text Update (I might be forgetting a mod  ??? )) .

I then installed SoA again, to be followed by my recent purchase Throne of Bhaal. Then the official ToB patch, ToB Bugfixes from Baldurdash, Baldurdash Game text update and then the following mods:
-Banter Packs
-Ease-Of-Use
-Unfinished Business

I then put my old save (from before the uninstall of SoA, where I also deleted the entire (remaining) BG2 folder) in the new "save" folder and started playing. I wasn't sure if UB would be able to "adapt" to the new settings (added ToB), but so far so good (from the Twisted Rune, right to Brynnlaw).
It was there that I noticed that Minsc did not have the Boo icon as one of his quick items. He does have it in Inventory Screen and I can even click it to hear Boo's (new) squeek (new as in the one we heard after saving him from the clutches of Eleanya De'Lyl). But he (Boo) isn't there when I'm on the game screen.

I did not add this under the "Bugs" section, mainly because I do not think it is a bug. I think it is caused by uninstalling and using the save from that time in the new SoA + ToB setting.

Any ideas?

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
Re: Reïnstalled BG2, Boo (quick item) missing...
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2004, 12:54:43 PM »
Well, first thing to do before posting a bug report would be downloading the latest version  ;)
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline Annowan

• Planewalker
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2004, 01:04:25 PM »
I did. Sorry, I should indeed have written that I downloaded v12 of UB yesterday (which is also the day when I installed all the others).

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2004, 03:43:57 PM »
Is Boo one of the quick items on the game screen? I never noticed.  :-[

I'm not sure how to help! 

Offline mcruz

• Planewalker
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2004, 02:01:55 AM »
Boo should appear in the first quick slot item (at least that's how it is for me)

And have you tried playing a new game and checked if the Boo icon was there?
"Somethings are worth waiting for"

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2004, 05:53:57 AM »
I have never seen Boo in the main game screen, only in Minsc's Inventory page.

With that said, I really wish Boo would hang out in Minsc's backpack intead of his belt region, but nothing's perfect. I can always use Pause to pretend Minsc has 3 Quickslots anyway.

Offline mcruz

• Planewalker
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2004, 03:26:51 PM »
Oops you're right SixOfSpades.........basically what I meant to say was Minsc first quick slot item remains empty in the main screen (which is taken up by Boo on the inventory page)  :D
"Somethings are worth waiting for"

Offline azure79

• Planewalker
Re: The official Minsc quest bug thread [Archived, pre-UBv12]
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2005, 04:56:28 AM »
Hi, its my first post. I was on another forum when I learned about BG tutu and being intrigued, started playing BG and BG2 with many of the mods installed. A big thank you for all the talented people who contributed!

Well, I'm playing BG2 with the following mods

Ascension
Banter Packs
Quest Pack
Dungeon be Gone
G3 Anniversary Quest
G3 Tweaks
Item Upgrade Mod
Kivan of Shilmista
Improved Oasis
NPC flirt
oversight
Virtue
Unfinished Business

I know its a lot, but I read that most WEIDU mods were mostly compatible with each other so I installed all the mods that seemed interesting. I've had no problems so far with any of the mods as far as I can tell except for Boo's Quest. The quest triggered immediately after I talked to Billy then exited to another area. I went back to the Docks area and after Minsc yelled at him, BIlly ran into the door that leads into the second floor of the Sea's Bounty. I followed him in there and according to what I've read on previous posts on this forum, Billy should run towards the back of the room with four thugs?

The problem is there are no thugs, and when I talk to Billy all he says is, "I didn't do anything! Leave me alone" and I have no choice but to click the 'end dialog' button. There are no options to continue the dialog with Billy. I've tried positioning my party close to Billy to no effect.  I've checked the variables as suggested, and they seem to be right.

WWBOOGONE is set at 1
WWBILLYSEEN is set at 2

I think the problem might be with a possible compatibilty issue with the G3 anniversery mod? I'm sure you know the main quest has you searching for various wines, and one of the wines can be found in the Sea's Bounty 2nd floor with the elf and his 4 drunk friends who eventually drink themselves into a stupor and fall down and never dissapear. Might this cause a issue with spawning the 4 thugs related to the Boo quest?

I'm not a programmer so I'm just speculating

Thanks for any help!

Ralff

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2006, 01:03:18 AM »
Umm, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but once I am warped out of the animal store, I appear in a place in Trademeet. I am then attacked by three trolls, which don't ever seem to fall down to be killed by acid or fire--that is, they are perpetually at "Near Death." Additionally, scouting with another character shows that there doesn't seem to be any way out that is close by. What should I do?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »
If you are using v12 of Unfinished Business or earlier, I would advise updating to the newest version.

If you are using a version newer than v12, you should post in the current bug thread rather than this archived one. :) The issue you are reporting is, I think, possibly something to do with the Tactics mod if you're using that. I don't remember the details offhand, but I think we've got it sorted.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

A person

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »
If you are using v12 of Unfinished Business or earlier, I would advise updating to the newest version. If you are using a version newer than v12, you should post in the current bug thread rather than this archived one. :)

He/She does have the bewest version as the warping to the Druid Grove only happens in the new verson.

Quote from: Andyr
The issue you are reporting is, I think, possibly something to do with the Tactics mod if you're using that. I don't remember the details offhand, but I think we've got it sorted.

The trolls not dieing has absolutely nothing to do with tactics as I also have the same problem and I have never even downloaded tactics.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »
There is something wonky with even the default troll scripts sometimes, apparently. Camdawg's made a thread about it (Trolls Suck) in the G3 Fixpack forums.

I believe there's something about the script to "attack target" taking priority over the script to "die already dammit."
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »
oh aye, I get that sometimes even with regular trolls. The solution is to remove said target from their field of view. You can try things like: invisibility potions, scrolls, and spells (invis 10' radius and mass invis work nicely), sanctuary, or, should you be in the druid grove, there's a handy area transition RIGHT next to where you spawn in. Troll mound. You'll have to deal with three more regular trolls and one spirit troll (assuming you haven't already cleared the area out), but those three that attack you when you are mistakenly teleported will now actually fall down. Or if you just want to run away, have Minsc and whatever meatshields you have in your party tank for however long it takes to cast haste. They should survive at least that long. Then book it.

Basically, it's best to be prepared. Ctrl+Y will not save you from trolls that won't fall down.

P.S. you used wonky. I like you.

IlluminaZero

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2006, 03:40:46 PM »
There IS a problem with Minsc's thaco after the upgrade. I don't have a previous save, but I remember that after doing the math (Class Level and Str Bonus) I found that he had (to my memory) a -6 thaco modifier which is just way too good. I remember this because I felt like a cheapass after a while and used shadow keeper to modify his thaco back to what it should be.

The little boolet is a little much too... I know it's a joke but it does like 20 damage regularly. Like a different poster said before, it would probably be much more balanced (and appropriate) if it did like 1-4 damage with a good chance to blind. ("Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!!!")

Offline scott3614a

• Planewalker
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »
Soooo, what are we supposed to do with the trolls who don't fall down?  This pretty much breaks the Minsc quest and even though he's a great character, a Minsc with a STR of 10 isn't going to get it.
ICELUS, reply soon!!!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2006, 05:24:14 AM »
I think the best bet for now is just to run away, or immobilise them (Hold Monster?) and run past.

As an aside, can people please stop posting in this thread--it is an archived bug thread for an old version of the mod.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:29:19 AM by Andyr »
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »
If that's the case, why hasn't it been locked?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »
Because I don't believe in over-zealous moderation. :) I don't want to force people to post in another thread--something useful may come out of it--but I'd rather people made a new one, both to save on forum clutter and stop this very dated thread from being high up on the forum.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: