Author Topic: Archived Release Announcements - Comments  (Read 18969 times)

jepeter

Re: Unfinished Business 14 Now Available!
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2006, 06:23:16 AM »
[li]Increased the reward for freeing the Kalah genie to 5,000 XP and +1 reputation instead of 1,000 XP and +1 reputation. At the request of a few people[/li]

Hmm, I would remove the reputation +1. After all, I don't see the genie running around and telling people that you saved him. I am actually not certain whether Bioware did think about issues like that, but I think you should only get reputation if your deeds get known. Obviously they didn't do it with losing reputation, you lose that whether you get noticed or not. But I can't think offhand of something that gives you reputation in BG 2, without people learning about it. IMO freeing the genie should give more experience and getting Kalah back should give you the reputation.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2006, 07:24:43 AM »
Virtue covers this.

Mooselander

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »
Hi I installed this recently and it caused my main hero and a few npcs from being able to equip most magic items. They were in red. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2006, 05:12:27 AM »
Hi I installed this recently and it caused my main hero and a few npcs from being able to equip most magic items. They were in red. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks

What components of UB did you install and what else do you have installed?  e.g. do you have AoE installed, which changes the requirements for various weapons?
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Mooselander

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2006, 12:37:33 PM »
I tried to install the whole thing. I'm not sure if that includes AoE. In any case, it also messed up a few dialogue scripts as well. I just want to uninstall it and get back to my original settings and continue my saved games. Is that possible at this point?

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2006, 12:40:12 PM »
Same question was posted to PBG, and somebody suggested checking if the kit for the affected characters had become flagged as Unknown. Changing it back to whatever it should be fixes the item usability.

I had an old save with the same bug (cause undetermined), and this was my problem as well.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: