Author Topic: Archived Bug Reports  (Read 100176 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Archived Bug Reports
« on: March 31, 2004, 11:28:33 PM »
You know, I just keep moving forums in the hopes that the bug reports will fade away...   ;)

Ah, well, I suppose it's inevitable.  Feel free to post them here.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

deafchef

Re: Bug Reports - v6
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 12:08:24 AM »
Mentioned this on the previous board. Talked to Rilmi, chose the nosy "Can I help?" style option, got fobbed off, talked to A+T, encouraged them, they ran off, waited a sec or two, went down, no Rilmi. Also tried talking to Rakshasa masquerading as Jafir before going down and elapsing an hour with the debug shortcut, and still nothing.

Olbas

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 04:45:36 AM »
On the old board you told me that not being able to leave spellholod with saemon wasn't a bug but i cant see how it isnt when i could always leave this way before. I checked my journal and it doesnt give me any extra information. Please help, im really stuck. I dont want to miss the underwater city because then i wont meet the spectator beholder and whats a game without him?

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 11:54:30 PM by Icelus »

Offline lsperzel

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 10:50:44 AM »
It is a conspiracy to drive us all batty to find the forum, isn't it?  But it won't work.  We will find you wherever you go! MuHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously,  somewhat on topic - I am in the Bodhi hunt component in Spellhold and it has worked like a charm. 

Congrats!
If it is screwed up, it is probably my fault!

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 11:35:49 AM »
I am in the Bodhi hunt component in Spellhold and it has worked like a charm.

Congrats!

This makes me so very happy.  Thank you.  :D

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 02:00:43 PM »
I am curious about the Windspear Hills conversation options. Was there supposed to be the option to tell Anomen that you knew Ajantis or did I just remember wrong?
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 02:06:43 PM »
There is a dialog with Anomen that the in-game dialogs contained False(), which would prevent it from being seen.  I'll have to go back and double-check the original code to see what Anomen now says.  I don't have access to game files at the moment.  :(

Jerry.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 05:45:13 AM »
I made it to combine with Imoen Romance but the romance talk wouldn't work in spellhold so I removed it. After resting, Bodhi appeared and said "Here, mousy mousy..." The battle can't be ended because it is impossible becoming a slayer at that time.

I think v6 can't work with Imoen Romance because v5 can work with that without any problem. And I think UB is easily appears problems because of uninstalling.

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 11:55:53 PM by Icelus »

Jerry

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 08:36:44 AM »
Wait! Maybe it is not because of UB v6. I had installed v5 again but romance talk cannot work. Maybe the Imoen Romance has some problems because my PC is a bard? I don't know.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 09:00:39 AM »
Jerry... I would highly suggest starting over from scratch.  It sounds like you been installing and uninstalling so many different versions of several mods that bugs are almost inevitable.  Both UB and the Imoen Romance have been updated in the past couple of weeks, as have many of Weimer's mods.  You might want to redownload the latest versions and add them to a fresh install of BG2 (after the official patches and Baldurdash).

Sorry.  :(

Offline lsperzel

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 02:51:09 PM »
Ok, I seem to have the same bug as Olbas.  I know Saemon is supposed to teleport you out of Spellhold if you take the dialogue option to go with him and I know before I had UB, it worked.  Now it doesn't.  It just leaves me stuck in Spellhold with no way out.   I have Kelsey, banter packs, and the flirt packs installed.  I don't believe any of those affect it.  Any help please?

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 11:56:24 PM by Icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 03:04:12 PM »
Well, I will have to go re-play this part of the game, because I always recalled Saemon leaving and then having to find certain things to allow me to free Spellhold, only to meet back up with Saemon in the docks of Brynnlaw.  I'll check it out, unless someone else can confirm this.

Offline lsperzel

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 03:13:16 PM »
I checked 2 walk throughs besides my own memory and both say if you give the dialogue option that you trust Seamon and want to go with him, it should teleport you out.  Otherwise, you have to find the key to the locked door and take the portal which skips the fish city.  Should have mentioned before I have all current patches including Balderdash.

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 03:02:29 PM by Icelus »

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 03:45:36 PM »
When you meet Saemon after escaping but before confronting Irenicus, he suggests you recruit the mad mages and leaves on his own.  After you confront Irenicus, when you go upstairs, Saemon meets you there, and if you agree to go with him he teleports you outside.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 03:53:37 PM »
Yeah, I've just read this in Dan Simpson's Walkthrough, too.  I'll look at the Global variables involved, as I didn't directly alter Saemon's dialog in this situation. 

Jerry

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 08:13:44 PM »
Yoshimo must say something when Aran talking about spellhold but the dialogues has been disappeared.

Jaheira's dialogue about Yoshimo's betraying has disappeared.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 08:17:30 PM »
OK, now I *know* I didn't make any changes to these.  What mods do you have installed? 

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 08:20:48 PM »
These are more likely to be about the person in question not qualifying for the IsValidForPartyDialogue trigger than about Unfinished Business.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 08:25:41 PM »
Ah, very true.  I'd suggest getting CamDawg's Tweak Pack, which should ensure that these dialogs always occur.

Jerry

Forgive me saying that
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2004, 08:33:58 AM »
I admit the storylines are good mut I with it being more "stable". As for the diary, if I remove the mod and install again the records of mod storylines in diary will being strange. Sometimes I have to remove the mod to do something. Sometimes I have to remove all of the BG2. The Imoen Romance and Nalia Romance have no problem about that. In Tashia mod some problems can be fixed by force talking.

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Forgive me saying that
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2004, 09:50:16 AM »
Unfortunately, there's no really easy (any?)  way to do a journal entry fixer.  If you need to re-install BG2, then re-installing your mods in the order in which you orignally installed them *should* keep your journal entries correct.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline fenring

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2004, 10:56:14 AM »
I experienced the same problem about Saemon - he did not teleport all the team to Brynnlaw, only himself. But he only appeared once - in the corridor on the level of imprisoned madmen. The place where he appeared first in the game without UB was where Suna Seni showed up with UB, so she probably subsituted him in a way... Do something with it, please, I really don't want to lose the journey with Havarian!

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 11:57:08 PM by Icelus »

Jerry..

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 12:54:37 AM »
Suna gave Valygar her Arbane sword and Valygar got it. After she dead we can find another Arbane sword on the ground.

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:00:52 AM by Icelus »

Offline UncleScratchy

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 01:00:25 AM »
Here's some potential bugs with v6 that I've encountered:

Gorje isn't in the room behind the lava pool.  I played the Umar Hills/Shade Lord quest first and cleared out the place.  Didn't run into Gorje at the time as far as I could tell.  I can't recall whether I had gotten the illithium quest at that time.  I went back to that spot after I had talked to Unger but Gorje still wasn't there.  Finally I had to CLUAConsole:CreateCreature him in at the room next to the lava pit.  From there I was able to complete the quest without any other problems.

When I did the Unseeing Eye quest I don't recall ever running into the hell hounds.  Though I did find them in the Planar Sphere (in the fire salamander room).

Suna Seni didn't appear when I first entered the Planar Sphere with Valygar.  As soon as I entered the sphere I dropped Valygar from my party and completed the quest.  After Lavok teleported my party outside the sphere I went down the stairs to the slums and was immediately attacked by Suna Seni.  I tried replaying it by going back into the sphere and taking Valygar back into my party but I got the same result.  It appears that the globals have triggered her into acting as though I killed Valygar.  I let her chase me to the exit spot and left her there in a hostile mood.  I'm thinking I'd better go back and kill her so she doesn't screw up the Asylum quest and the escape with Saemon.

Jerry,

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 01:22:05 AM »
I can't leave spellhold now. After talking with Saemon he transport only himself and my party cannot go to the ground. :'(

FIXED
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:01:18 AM by Icelus »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: