Author Topic: Minsc quest bugs - UB v12 onwards  (Read 104300 times)

ancalimohtar

Re: Minsc quest bugs - UB v12 onwards
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2013, 01:21:01 AM »
Well, necroing a bit to update on what this quest looks like as of v19:

Pet monger still says "Oops wrong spell" but you're correctly teleported to the government district.
Gems have been removed as rewards, and therefore the third question doesn't matter.
Getting one question wrong gets you the jade hound figurine, which is way more powerful than the reward for getting no questions wrong (the summon boolet ability--which appears to have been nerfed to a novelty ability in recent versions).
Minsc still gets 19 STR as a reward, but the THAC0 bug is gone.
Boo's Scraps are undroppable and remain in Minsc's inventory after quest completion, need to be SK'd out (did they ever serve a purpose?)
If you have already purchased a license, the Cowled Wizards decide to reimburse you 1,000 gold (impressively you can tell them you paid 10k if you installed the SCS component to increase the license cost, I see DavidW did some work here), but you only get 100.
If you happened to mess with the guys in the Sea's Bounty before the quest started you have probably ruined the quest for yourself. They should only spawn when you follow Billy into the inn.

All in all, the fact that this mod was abandoned by cliffette 7 years ago clearly shows.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2013, 02:12:52 AM »
Hello! Thank you for your report!

I am going to tell you that v20 is ready and just needs jcompton's approval and:
- Ooops wrong spell has been corrected;
- 100/1000 gold issue has been corrected(no relation to SCS, when you say 10000, it just means you're lying);
- The issue with the guys from the Sea's Bounty has been corrected.

- The question about stones will probably not be changed. I've played this quest for the first time three weeks ago, and that question didn't seem like an issue or a glaring bug to me. Just a question out of the blue, but they're all out of the blue, a little.

Thank you, I will look into fixing Boo's Scraps. As for Jade's figurine and summon boolet ability, I am not sure I can judge(since I'm just a maintainer who fixes bugs), but I will take a look.

I don't quite understand what needs fixing here, exactly, so I might need an explanation. Minsc has a THAC0 bug, and you *don't* want it to be fixed? You want Minsc both to have 19 str and a THAC0 bug post-quest? RELATED: If Minsc has a THAC0 bug, doesn't BG2 Fixpack fix that already?

Also, this is to everyone: PLEASE REPORT YOUR ISSUES IN THE PINNED V19(later v20, or v21, or v29) BUG THREAD! Otherwise they will be lost, buried in old threads and no one will ever correct them.

ancalimohtar

« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
Hello! Thank you for your report!

I am going to tell you that v20 is ready and just needs jcompton's approval and:
- Ooops wrong spell has been corrected;
- 100/1000 gold issue has been corrected(no relation to SCS, when you say 10000, it just means you're lying);
- The issue with the guys from the Sea's Bounty has been corrected.

Great!

- The question about stones will probably not be changed. I've played this quest for the first time three weeks ago, and that question didn't seem like an issue or a glaring bug to me. Just a question out of the blue, but they're all out of the blue, a little.

It's not a bug, I'm just providing a report on my experiences with v19 to people who might be reading this thread.

Thank you, I will look into fixing Boo's Scraps. As for Jade's figurine and summon boolet ability, I am not sure I can judge(since I'm just a maintainer who fixes bugs), but I will take a look.

Boolet is just a novelty ability, right? There's basically no actual use for it, whereas the figurine is actually legitimately powerful, since it drains levels on hit or something, IIRC.

I don't quite understand what needs fixing here, exactly, so I might need an explanation. Minsc has a THAC0 bug, and you *don't* want it to be fixed? You want Minsc both to have 19 str and a THAC0 bug post-quest? RELATED: If Minsc has a THAC0 bug, doesn't BG2 Fixpack fix that already?

Like I said, I'm not listing bugs, just reports of what's been fixed and what's still problematic. Basically I was reporting that the THAC0 bug mentioned multiple times in this thread has been fixed.

Eska

« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
Yeah, this is one of two components in UB that I regularly skip due to a combination of bugginess and poor implementation of various elements/writing (the other being suna seni).

the Jade Hound vs Boolets thing is silly; I'd imagine most players that know about this would be tempted to intentionally get a riddle wrong for the clearly better reward

boo scraps remaining is clearly an annoying bug, and can cause you to lose items if you have SCS' 'move boo out of quickslot' component installed

minsc's voiceset when it gets restored has the wrong string/sound file for when he gets fatigued.

more subjective, but I think the writing and characterization throughout this mod is rather sub par; I winced a few times at some of the lines the first couple of times I saw them.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2013, 12:29:51 AM »
If there're any outstanding bugs with Suna Seni, please, report them now in the bug thread, before v20 is released. I will look into Minsc's voiceset in the meantime.

Please, report all issues in the pinned bug thread.

Ptinabot

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
Hi,

I cant finish this quest (not even start this) because i cant find billy :(

Boo disapears, i got the quest line saying that i have to go to the docks but nobody waiting for me :(

I dont know what to do. and i need to do this because i LOVE minsc

Thanks

ps: sorry for the bad english :)

Waverley Steps

« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2016, 10:04:08 AM »
After having finished the Boo quest, Minsc's rejoin dialogue is messed up. He won't force talk the PC on being kicked out, and subsequently can't rejoin ('Minsc has nothing to say').

Waverley Steps

« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »
Update, for anyone similarly stuck: 'Boo's Scraps' is the culprit, didn't get removed properly at the end of the quest. Needs to be edited out. Kudos for the hilarious mod, though! Best laugh of BG2. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: