Author Topic: DO STUFF HERE ANDY! Suggestion for Bhaalspawn Powers  (Read 3144 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
DO STUFF HERE ANDY! Suggestion for Bhaalspawn Powers
« on: April 12, 2005, 08:11:36 AM »
UB restores the Bhaalspawn Powers like Hand of Murder, right? As well as addressing the problem with one of them where it stopped working after a certain level... howsabout some new icons? :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 05:57:50 PM by Andyr »

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Suggestion for Bhaalspawn Powers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 04:56:08 PM »
Oh, right. Were the icons used from the original game, or did someone make them later? I forget. If the former, then as UB it might be more fitting to leave them as they are. :)

Do you remember what was up with one of them stopping working after a certain level? Which, and why? Just missing extension headers?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 05:54:21 PM »
They're all in the default game. The Hand of Murder fails because it uses a melee hit effect without an EFF.
Code: [Select]
COPY_EXISTING ~SAREVEFF.EFF~ ~override/BH3Bn.EFF~
  WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x30 ~%DEST_RES%~ #8
(where n is 1-5). Or something.

The other was Dark Taint. It changes to an area effect at some level according to the description, but wasn't ever given an area effect projectile.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 05:57:28 PM »
Thanks. Will try and sort this out soon.

If the icons were originally there, though, I think it may be best to keep them.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: DO STUFF HERE ANDY! Suggestion for Bhaalspawn Powers
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 01:55:12 AM »
The icons are from other spells though, rather than unique. Hand of Murder uses the Draw Upon Holy Might icon, and Dark Taint uses Poison. I don't believe sucking is part of UB's mandate.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 01:48:03 PM »
Oh, alright. I had thought they used ingame icons but were still unique. Shows how much I play ToB...

In that case then, yeah, new icons would be good. If I can find someone. When I get back tomorrow I'll go through the code and work out how many spells there are, what they do etc.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »
Dark Taint and Hand of Murder are the only unique spells (the others are variants of existing spells). Dark Taint is essentially a combination Dolorous Decay/Poison, and Hand of Murder is just an uber Vampiric Touch.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 08:50:01 PM »
Dark Taint is fixed locally. :) I'm looking at Hand of Murder now but not put the code to work yet devSin... should probably head to bed!

EDIT: I figured out Hand of Murder... NI was showing the resource key for the spell as "unknown" for some reason so I didn't know what the bh3bn stuff was about until I converted the Unknown to a string. Also fixed locally.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 08:55:13 PM by Andyr »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: