Author Topic: Solo with a Party! - v2.0 RELEASED  (Read 27969 times)

Offline Fantasy

• Planewalker
Re: Solo with a Party! - v2.0 RELEASED
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 06:50:04 AM »
Sounds like a good idea. :) And, luckily for me, I'm still a fighter at the moment. Of course it might get harder once I dual class to mage... but we'll see about that when we get there. :)

Kiran

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 05:27:39 AM »
Eeee...I've downloaded it and am desperately trying to make it work...the first time I try only two of my NPC's get the rings and then my PC constantly has Freedom cast on him. Then I get rid of the rings, try again, and all my NPC's get the rings, but then the game crashes...*frustration*. Any idea how to make it work?

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 10:05:08 AM »
Try making sure you have 6 party members in your party before running the AI Script.
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

Offline ronin

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 02:30:27 PM »
So, in effect its not a true solo, you would first have to fill your party to get it to work correctly?

That was just a question not a statement

ronin

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 08:25:31 AM »
Yes. it was a bug from the stand-alone version, then later I put in checks that should have allowed for less than 6 party members. Oddly, it didn't work, so at the end of the day I'm still not very sure what causes it...

Besides, anyone who wants a true Solo should never be using the Mod. Although I did not intentionally program the bug in, I did make the design assumption in my initial construction that if someone wanted to use Solo with a Party, the person would see no harm in taking along a full party and having the party as lively as possible outside of combat.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:31:00 AM by Zyraen »
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Offline Fantasy

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 03:42:19 AM »
I will try to arrange it so that they don't EVER reappear - ie the Maze is forever :)
If that fails, I will shift things slightly so that the background BALDUR.BCS script causes the party members to maze, and not your script (ie you) causing the party members to maze, which interrupts your current actions.

In meantime, while you can't stop it from interrupting/wasting your spells etc, to get "moving" again, just issue your PC a different command from the previous and then once your PC moves, issue the previous command you intended.

I don’t mean to nag ( yet ;) ) but don’t forget about this little part, hm? It would really make it a lot easier to fight with a mage then. Because, frankly, loosing spells can be quite a disaster if they are your only defence. :)

Offline Fantasy

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 06:36:34 AM »
Well, I am thinking of dual classing my kensai to a mage... but with only a few spells at the beginning and this bug... Let’s just say it would me much easier if you could find the time to solve this problem. ;)

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 10:10:11 AM »
I'll think of something, once my damaged HDD returns to me with hopefully my data still present.
Meantime, I'll look over my code and see what I can do to reduce the Player1 effects in the Mod.

Ronnie

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »
Good thing I checked here instead of just throwing my arms upward, swearing, and giving up on this mod.  I was having the same problem as that other guy (where the protagonist just continually casts freedom and can't do -anything-), didn't know I needed to have 6 people in the party.

Ronnie

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 04:16:20 PM »
Actually, after quitting and reloading my save, it's back to doing the same thing once combat starts.  Protagonist can't do anything because he autocasts Freedom a few times every round and the other characters can't do anything because they're mazed/freed as many times per round.  Full party of six, any idea what might cause this?

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 11:54:06 AM »
This the full version of the mod ? the Latest Version ?

Ronnie

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »
Yes, it's the latest version, downloaded the same day I posted that.

It's on-and-off, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.  I remember reading something about it having trouble when you first come to an area, save/reload to fix it (but it's not in the thread summary so I guess it's from long ago, that might only apply to older versions.  From reading this, I guess this used to have an invisible npc that would follow the PC and handle the casting, but it took a while to spawn it or something?  Just a guess as to why that would happen) but that doesn't seem to make a difference.  I don't notice anything specific about times when it works and times when it doesn't.

Also, as a side note...  This isn't really a bad thing but just a note (I don't know how this could be fixed), any time someone would talk during or immediately after a combat...  if there should be an interjection from an NPC that's with you (the reason you would use this mod :P), at the time when the interjection should happen, the NPC is mazed so they can't talk--  it ends the dialog and they 'have nothing to say to you' but they also haven't finished saying whatever they had to say (or setting whatever variables they had to set).  A couple times this happens that I've seen so far:  Rescuing Viconia (Anomen, Aerie, and Jaheira (at least) protest it) and talking to that guy in the Planar Sphere.

A workaround I'm using is to just leave AI scripts off during combat...  turn them on any time sizeable XP is awarded so it gives the XP to the protagonist...  and leave the NPCs at the edge of the zone.  They don't maze out and I have to wait for them to catch up when I have to gather my party before venturing forth, but they still banter so it's okay :)

Zyraen, even with these flaws, this is still a cool mod, thanks fo rmaking it :D

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 11:33:29 AM »
The script works as long as any NPC has XP considerably above that of the mark :) Doesn't matter how much you have accumulated. However, if the NPC is very much higher than the mark, the extra XP will be simply removed (ie wasted), and only the last 40K or so will be added to the PC's XP. For Details please read the readme.

Guest 6

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
Okay, I just fought five of the six golems in de'Arnise Keep, killing them all with my kensai/mage/thief (Shadowkeeper for kensai) with Semi Multi Clerics Mod spells installed/learned/memorized as well. I'm also using the Widescreen Mod, the G3 Fixpack, G3 Tweaks, and aTweaks. What happened was that the mazed Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo, Aerie, and Nalia all gained no XP from this fight, while my main character gained her sixth of the (2000*2+8000*3)*1.1=30,800 XP. I don't expect this mod to be updated anymore, but for anyone reading this, if you notice something similar to this happening, you'll have to disable the script (after having enabled it at least once in the past, to get the uber ring and its amazing defensive effects, since monsters/NPCs could still target your banter or banter/support characters, although you ought to try to avoid that, if you really want a solo experience ;p) until you hit 100,000 TOTAL XP with a character, which means that, upon your convenience, you may enable it again, to have the 20,000 XP redistributed (don't wait forever, as it only gives those 20,000 XP chunks up to twice, while it continues to remove 20,000 XP chunks from scripted characters until they go below 100,000 total XP).

I've also had problems with characters mazing out and coming back over and over depending on various possibilities, often related to being outside (but also due to opening the de'Arnise Keep gate, which has NPCs scripted to come in and "help" you by "taking away" some of "your" XP (although I doubt the monsters would appear if you didn't do this) ;p), but restarting BG2 after saving AFTER the "problem causer" and loading that save often fixes this. I didn't test this well at all, and there could be many possible causes, and the ones I suggest may not be correct. In general the mod may be "inconsistent" depending on the overall mod install order or due to the mods you install. I can't give any better information than this, but if you can bear checking tag-along member XP before enabling the script (and then disabling it once it transfers XP) and sending tag-alongs off to where monsters/NPCs will target your main character instead of them (you could set their scripts to "None" so they don't attack enemies), this is still a good mod. May you have fewer problems than I. ;p

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: