Author Topic: The ever popular - "are we there yet post?"  (Read 96194 times)

Offline Dark Raven

• Bloody Cynical
  • Planewalker
  • Flesh is the law
    • Chosen of Mystra
Re: The ever popular - "are we there yet post?"
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 08:32:48 PM »
Are we there yet, or near?  ;D
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Chosen of Mystra home to many mods.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 08:57:46 PM »
Nah, not until I reach a real beta stage. When I get to that point, I'll make it clear, so people will know to theoretically be excited, sharpen their pitchforks, etc.

I still have lots to do, but, rest assured, I am foresaking sleep on a regular basis so that I have the time to make progress on this mod.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 01:46:41 AM by Bons »
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 09:00:48 PM »
I smell llamaburgers.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2005, 01:47:16 AM »
Why is my rump always getting roasted?  :D
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 02:48:50 PM »
im really looking forward to this .mod

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 02:51:13 PM »
Hopefully Bons will make it .ogg instead.  .Mod is so passé.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Hide and Seek

• The one who wields the Blackrazor
  • Planewalker
  • I always begin my day with a good backstab.
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2005, 03:20:37 PM »
I am always looking forward to new mods, specially with interesting characters. Surayah might be just the addition my party needs, maybe I will sacrifice Aerie and Valygar for her and Jaheira?

(And get her before Anomen does, of course)
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

Offline Duroth

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2005, 04:40:41 AM »
Well whats the status gladus....Umm I mean Bons ;D  ;)  ???

Offline Porthas

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 12:27:43 AM »
So, are we there yet?   ;D

Obviously not, just looking for a heart-beat.   :)
I have a very sexy learning disability.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 12:10:51 PM »
Since your sig has amused me, I'm in a good enough mood to muster a reply.

Yes, there's a heartbeat. I'm always working on some part of this project. What varies is whether I'm giving it my full attention, or juggling it with three other mods. For better or worse, I am highly distractable.

I realize it would encourage visitors to this forum and raise enthusiasm for the mod if I made regular "developer's diary" sort of posts whenever I did something, but I tend to be wordy, so my blathering takes a nice chunk of time away from getting actual work done. Plus, I'm not sure anyone would be heartened when I report things like "Today I cut three Haer'Dalis banters because they suck." Well, maybe Sim, Corvis and Ghreyfain would be heartened by that sort of progress.

Offline Dark Raven

• Bloody Cynical
  • Planewalker
  • Flesh is the law
    • Chosen of Mystra
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 05:08:42 PM »

Yes, there's a heartbeat. I'm always working on some part of this project. What varies is whether I'm giving it my full attention, or juggling it with three other mods. For better or worse, I am highly distractable.

I know what you mean by being distractable. Good to see some progress.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Chosen of Mystra home to many mods.

Offline Tarayani

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 11:29:40 PM »
Happy Holidays everyone, and Happy upcoming New Year!  So, how's it coming?

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 03:19:22 AM »
I wouldn't want you to rush this project, but it would be nice to see updates!  ;)

I'll tell you, this is the one mod i'm most excited about!

All i can say for now, is keep up the good work!

PS i enjoyed the Hessa mod by the way!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:08:53 AM by Vasculio »
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

Offline Duroth

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 01:25:15 AM »
poke......poke.............nudge.............nudge.............. ??? anything new to update? ?

Are we there yet? ?
Are we there yet? ? ;D

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
I'm mainly working on my duties forThe Broken Hourglass when I have spare time, though I do sneak in writing for Surayah/Hessa here and there. One new thing related to Surayah is I just acquired some new tools which should improve my ability to score and perform compositions with orchestral instruments.  I've yet to be happy with my temple theme song attempts or Surayah's romance themes done from my loop library and Alesis, so I'm excited about experimenting with these new toys and maybe getting the noises in my head recorded more accurately. :)

Offline Porthas

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 03:42:05 PM »
Here's to amusing sigs, The Broken Hourglass, and the sounds in your head being shared with us! ;D 

I continue to look forward to the products of your musings.

Cheers!
I have a very sexy learning disability.

berelinde

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2006, 05:07:31 PM »
Think I'm going to like this mod.

And I can well imagine that these things take time. Believe me.

And there is no wrong answer to the following question:

Is this "on hold" or "in development"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, will it be possible to access Surayah if Anomen chooses the LG path and is prevented by the PC from killing Saerk? Might be interesting if Anomen had to choose between Surayah and PC, for example, or if he tried to woo Surayah behind PC's back!

The one thing I've missed in the PC's relationship with Anomen is the opportunity to be truly naughty. That might be a factor if, for example, she were trying to prove that you didn't need to be raised in a harem to know how to please a man.

Oh, the things I'll type after a glass of chilled pinot grigio....

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 07:20:23 PM »
Is this "on hold" or "in development"?

It's in development. It just gets a small percentage of my total available time because of my TBH commitments and exceptional distractability.

Also, will it be possible to access Surayah if Anomen chooses the LG path and is prevented by the PC from killing Saerk?

Yes.

Might be interesting if Anomen had to choose between Surayah and PC, for example, or if he tried to woo Surayah behind PC's back!

This is not something I am keen on implementing. The romance is already a complicated affair with the varying Anomen scenarios, and I prefer to give the PC/Anomen romance priority unless the PC ends it as already coded in the game. There will be some different talks between the two if AnomenRomanceActive=3 as opposed to no PC romance at all. I'm just not willing to take too much responsibility in the setting of AnomenRomanceActive=3, lest the AnoFans riot over some Calishite tart bouncing in the middle of their action.

In that vein, Surayah is not going to bicker about anyone the PC romances except Viconia. It's still love, after all, and love is lovely.  :-*

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 01:19:45 PM »
Might be interesting if Anomen had to choose between Surayah and PC, for example, or if he tried to woo Surayah behind PC's back!

This is not something I am keen on implementing. The romance is already a complicated affair with the varying Anomen scenarios, and I prefer to give the PC/Anomen romance priority unless the PC ends it as already coded in the game. There will be some different talks between the two if AnomenRomanceActive=3 as opposed to no PC romance at all. I'm just not willing to take too much responsibility in the setting of AnomenRomanceActive=3, lest the AnoFans riot over some Calishite tart bouncing in the middle of their action.

In that vein, Surayah is not going to bicker about anyone the PC romances except Viconia. It's still love, after all, and love is lovely.  :-*

That's OK, too. I would probably be among the AnoFans, but not in the rioting part! But you are of course correct. His character is complicated enough, and there are just so many different variables to work out. But, since I do like Anomen so much, I was just greedily seeking additional game content for him. But I do like your thought that there would be additional content if AnomenRomanceActive=3.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 09:57:43 PM »
But you are of course correct. His character is complicated enough, and there are just so many different variables to work out. But, since I do like Anomen so much, I was just greedily seeking additional game content for him. But I do like your thought that there would be additional content if AnomenRomanceActive=3.

I think it's safe to say that Anomen content is a big time-consumer in working on this mod. If Surayah didn't spawn from Anomen's quest, I would probably been done a long time ago. At the same time, it's how Surayah spawns from Anomen's quest that makes working on this project a challenge to me. If I hadn't found it such an interesting muddle, I wouldn't have gotten involved in modding beyond playing them, and I likely would have never piped up on any modding forums. (There's another reason for people to appreciate or despise Anomen, I guess!)

There's more than one direction I could have gone with the differing AnomenRomanceActive=3 content, like Anomen being petulant because the PC has rejected him, but I prefer to have a period where Anomen is longing after the PC from afar because he was genuinely smitten. Not that the goal is to make everyone like Anomen (that would be too much for even my overachieving streak!), but to provide material where both lovers and haters are going to be content, and, where possible, put emphasis on the PC's importance. I also think the latter puts Surayah in a more interesting position.  ;)

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2006, 07:39:17 AM »
Ok, so the broken hourglass is now a popular apology ?
Actually, it is a good one! (for an apology)
I always whined for real mods, and tbh cannot be greater :)

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but i have to.
Is it possible to, hmm, save some of the unfinished mod content and port it to tbh?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2006, 01:18:53 PM »
As much as I really love Hessa (bunnies! trees!), I'm pretty leery about anybody dropping content specifically designed for another story into TBH.

Hessa is part of Surayah's story, who is in turn part of Anomen's story, who is in turn part of BG2 <CHARNAME>'s story. Yes, you can play "Well, What If Hessa were a marauding mercenary in Tolmira instead of Amn?" but as a joinable NPC she doesn't fit our plans. Surayah even less so because of the strong Anomen story dependency.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:20:55 PM by jcompton »
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2006, 01:33:36 PM »
Exactly. All my unfinished mod material--banters, talks, character profiles, and areas (even some of the original songs!)--relies on BG2, the Forgotten Realms and the IE. I would have to completely rewrite all the content for it to port to the different setting, and why would I want to strip and rework content meant for another world and engine when I could create something that's actually appropriate for the TBH world and engine from scratch?

Offline Avenger_teambg

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »
Well, i didn't exactly mean the bare dialogue.
Even if there is no other artistic content (which i doubt, there must be at least portraits), the NPC concepts maybe could be saved.

[edit]
And, of course i didn't mean only Surayah/Hessa, but all other finished/unfinished mods whose authors TBH project sucked up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:03:45 PM by Avenger_teambg »

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 07:14:07 AM »
TBH will eventually be completed. TBH will eventually reach the point where the autors can focus less on creation and more on fixes, tweaks, and improvements. When such a thing happens, maybe they will have more free time.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: