Author Topic: Nearing release  (Read 15701 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Nearing release
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 02:31:49 AM »
Thanks. It is getting there.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2005, 04:52:25 PM »
A lot of things have been completed lately and various troublesome bugs have been eliminated. Only a few things remain now.

-Echon

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2005, 06:32:26 PM »
Cool.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

LoOk

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2005, 09:17:16 AM »
Jeeey, I can't imagine how much work making quality differences and size differences (dwarf/human) must have been..

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2005, 11:54:50 AM »
The part of it that required the most time was making inventory icons for all the low-quality and high-quality weapons.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
After two years of hard work, the Fields of the Dead is complete. This does not mean that it will be released immediatly, though. I have a few things that I need to test and it also needs to be converted to WeiDU and have an installer written and all that. This weekend has been reserved by real life so these things will happen next week.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2005, 11:57:34 PM »
Congratulations,Echon!!! This is great news!  :D Take a well deserved real life "break" from your great project! It must feel so satisfying to have come to so far after a long work! Congratulations go to Max too for the graphic of course! Now I just pray that somebody will care to make FotD fully compatible with the TuTu Fixpacks because it's really what lots of people would want, I am sure! Perhaps Saint Andyr will take a look at it ? Personally I'd appreciate it very much...Thanks!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 12:01:08 AM by Salk »

LoOk

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2005, 01:19:59 AM »
Congratulations! I've seen so many mods never get finished after all this time but you just did it! Will check by everyday day next week :)!
I was playing BGII but for some strange reason my graphics look butt-ugly all of sudden. The letters are all blurry and if you check the gamescreen you'll think it's 640x480. Don't know how the h*ll it got that way.. But congratulations!

PS: Won't TuTu's monsterspawning problem interfere with the great AI additions Echon made. I'd rather play it on vanilla BG if that's so.

Salk

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2005, 08:39:01 AM »
I am a patient guy  :D and I will wait untill FotD and TuTu work almost flawlessly (or even flawlessly, why not ?  ;D) together before I start playing TotSC. Echon is going to release version 1.00 but I am sure there will be updates and improvements with time...The TuTu monster spawning is only one of the annoying bugs to fix. That's why I decided to wait. There is no hurry. These talented guys need their time and not to feel stressed...I am here to support Echon and all the others that are doing so much for the community and perhaps come with one or two suggestions when I can think of them! Again, congratulations...

LoOk

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2005, 08:46:22 AM »
I respect modders too. Without names like SimDing0, Echon, JCompton and uhh Greyfain for instance I wouldn't be playing these series any more.
(Sorry for the names I forget and I was just reading a topic on the TuTu forum's so that's why this reply is so fast.. :))

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Xiao.
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2005, 08:55:12 AM »
Agreed, I wouldn't be playing BG2 still without mods, and I have a hell of a lot of respect for anyone who manages to make a decent one.

LoOk

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2005, 01:40:03 AM »
Got my install ready this morning :). (Had nothing to do before school). Dudleyfixes and Ease of Use will work with tFotD right? Dudleyfixes before the mod and Ease of Use after the mod. Or is this order incorrect. (Baldurdash before all this of cours.)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2005, 01:50:31 AM »
The install procedure will be detailed in the ReadMe but if you are dying to know right now, here it is:

Baldur's Gate
Tales of the Sword Coast
TotSC Patch
Baldurdash
Dudleyville
The Fields of the Dead
Other WeiDU mods

I do not know if Ease of Use is a WeiDU mod. FotD might override it anyway.

-Echon

LoOk

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2005, 09:37:47 AM »
Lol, sorry if that sounded whiny (if that's an english word). Just never knew there was an Ease of Use for BG1. The only component I use is the stackable jewelry and stuff. I mean, why can't you wear more than 1 golden ring on one hand...??

Salk

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2005, 09:47:22 AM »
Echon,

I thought Fields of the Dead implemented itself many of the fixes that come with Dudleyville (see your answers here http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=18027.0) and excluded some others because not compatible with Fields of the Dead. Do you instead now suggest users to install Dudleyville's ? I am confused... ???

« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 09:50:42 AM by Salk »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2005, 10:19:56 AM »
None of those fixes that I wanted to borrow from Dudleyville are included at the moment. It is a rather big fixpack anyway, and you might want to download it to alter things that FotD does not alter.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2005, 10:43:06 AM »
Well...I'd rather wait for you to implement what you think it's correct then and decide afterwards about Dudleyville's...We are all looking forward to your release but...and no mean to stress you at all...Have you already some plans for the future versions ?  ;D Have you something you will want to fix and implement ? (Save bugs of course...)

LoOk

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2005, 11:36:34 AM »
You can just install the fixes you think are needed from Dudley yourself, or not..?  ???

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2005, 01:19:43 PM »
Well...I'd rather wait for you to implement what you think it's correct then and decide afterwards about Dudleyville's...We are all looking forward to your release but...and no mean to stress you at all...Have you already some plans for the future versions ?  ;D Have you something you will want to fix and implement ? (Save bugs of course...)

The Dudleyville fixes are purely cosmetic changes and not important for this release. I want this mod out now.

Yes, I have been thinking about future content, which is natural since I intended it to be part of this release. It is not something I concern myself with now, though. It also depends on how this release it recieved. My head has been filled with FotD for quite some time and I want to take a break from modding soon, but I am going to release patches to address the bugs that will inevitably appear, of course. There is more in store for FotD in the future but you will have to wait and see when it is ready.

You can just install the fixes you think are needed from Dudley yourself, or not..?  ???

Yes, you can. Spell, item, creature and area fixes will likely be overridden by FotD. The rest of it should work.

Lol, sorry if that sounded whiny (if that's an english word). Just never knew there was an Ease of Use for BG1. The only component I use is the stackable jewelry and stuff. I mean, why can't you wear more than 1 golden ring on one hand...??

This is already part of FotD, so you do not need Ease of Use.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2005, 11:28:50 PM »
We all think you deserve a break for modding, dear Echon!  :pirate Believe me, Fields of the Dead is, in my opinion, the most important release for Baldur's Gate 1/TotSC! I think your Mod is a "must" for everybody! I don't know how many others think the same but can't be few in the community because your original idea is what is really *needed* to enjoy BG1 at its best. So congratulations again...Of course...Being such a complex project, it was hard to "convert" properly all the P&P aspects into a "simple" Mod. Some hardcored-programming must have hindred you often but still your final result I am sure is an upgrade of massive proportions over the original game! Too bad  for some "sacrifices" to be done (Composite Long Bow) but there's a price for everything...Personally, I will start playing again TotSC with your great Mod once (crossing finger) it will be proved compatible with TuTuFixes' next releases...I still hope somebody will care about this!  :D Again, congratulations Echon!  :pirate

LoOk

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2005, 06:12:16 AM »
I don't really care about TuTu. Loved the way BG1 handled proficiency's (don't know if that's spelled right again..). So the only thing that I hope for is the first release (and maybe additional bugfixes come along)  Echon is trying to release right now.

Salk

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2005, 09:44:17 AM »
Well...Perhaps you don't care about it but I and I think many others do...So I hope that FotD will be sometime TuTu compatible...

LoOk

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2005, 04:46:14 AM »
How is the installer coming along Echon? Can we expect the mod to be released before, let's say, friday (or today :P ). Or is there still a bunch of work to be done. :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2005, 05:14:36 AM »
I am done with the testing and now only the WeiDU conversion remains. I will attempt it today.

-Echon

LoOk

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2005, 05:16:19 AM »
*Sound of joy* :) and good luck of course! (Gotta do my homework now.. :-Zzz :'( :o )
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 05:41:12 AM by LoOk »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: