Author Topic: Nearing release  (Read 15709 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Nearing release
« on: March 21, 2005, 03:46:04 PM »
If all goes well, this mod should be released fairly soon. Fairly soon remains undefined as I am not going to announce a release date until everything is done. The mod is close to being completed due to a change in the concept. I am unlikely to get the areas I need for the new quests anytime soon and therefore they have been cancelled. This means that the mod will contain everything expect for these extra quests. It will feature the two new areas that Max did complete, however, and they will be similar in nature to the other wilderness areas of the game although parties should expect a greater challenge. An add-on with new quests may be released later on.

-Echon

Salk

Re: Nearing release
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 12:25:23 AM »
Thank you very much for posting this important update, Echon! A couple of questions: the new wilderness areas will offer an extra challenge of how many hours (more or less) ? And will your beta testers try and play Fields of the Dead with TuTu installed ?  ;D

I am looking forward to have this Mod released as my expectations grow higher and higher. Too bad for those new quests areas being cancelled. I do hope they will be re introduced in one future version! Keep it up!!  ;)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 04:19:18 AM »
I do not know how many hours of gameplay they offer, I have not tested that yet.

As for Tutu, uhm, well someone is probably going to test that, yes. Personally I have played through the entire game with the mod installed to test it and I certainly do not want to do that again with Tutu. Still, I am going to test whether it installs correctly on Tutu and appears to play the way it should. Determining whether it has any Tutu specific bugs might be up for the players to do. Overall I do not think it is going to be that desirable to play with using  Tutu seeing as FotD is not compatible with the Tutu fixpack (the fixpack overrides changes in FotD and vice versa).

-Echon

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 04:34:05 AM »
Good work. :) And with regards to Tutu, I am sure something can be sorted out!
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Salk

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 08:44:42 AM »
I strongly hope so, Andyr! It would be a real major shame to leave the TuTufixes or this great Mod out of my PC!  :D

Offline Mageling

• Lord of Murder
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 09:35:33 AM »
If all goes well, this mod should be released fairly soon. Fairly soon remains undefined as I am not going to announce a release date until everything is done. The mod is close to being completed due to a change in the concept. I am unlikely to get the areas I need for the new quests anytime soon and therefore they have been cancelled. This means that the mod will contain everything expect for these extra quests. It will feature the two new areas that Max did complete, however, and they will be similar in nature to the other wilderness areas of the game although parties should expect a greater challenge. An add-on with new quests may be released later on.

-Echon

Very nice, Echon. Can't wait to play this modifaction. :) Too bad about the extra areas, but sweet nonetheless  :D.
Keep up the good work, Echon.
(http://img57.exs.cx/img57/8242/Killuasig.jpg)

Stormbringer

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 09:52:08 AM »
Hopefully compatibility someday will reach BGT too  :D  :D

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 09:59:31 AM »
That may be possible but I am not the one who is going to make sure it happens.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 11:28:43 AM »
Overall I do not think it is going to be that desirable to play with using  Tutu seeing as FotD is not compatible with the Tutu fixpack (the fixpack overrides changes in FotD and vice versa).

-Echon

Echon,

The files that both TuTufix and your Mod are writing to are so many ? I am just curious to know if the incompatibilities may just been easily worked out by a collaborating with the TuTu team. If the number is not too high, I'd not say we are speaking of something far fetched!  :)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 11:46:44 AM »
Incompatibility with Tutu could, I suspect, be worked out mainly with some coding changes to Tutufix.

A BGT version would have to be assembled manually.

LoOk

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 12:56:58 PM »
Finally this mod is closed to completion, cuz I was really looking forward to it for a long time.
How is Glory of Istar coming along SimDing0 btw? But how hard will this game be on insane with the improved AI. Isn't possible to 'cheese' yourself to hard battles anymore through fooling the AI. If that is so, this mod will really be a challenge for me! :)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 01:09:53 PM »
I am not sure how much more of a challenge it is on the higher difficulties. I always play on core rules.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »
A BGT version is not required!  ;D But compatibility with TuTufixes are a real must! I hope you guys can sort things out together and bring us a complete product. FotD would take advantage of TuTu and TuTu would give a newly renewed sense to Baldur's Gate 1&Tales of the Sword Coast! 

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 05:02:31 PM »
How is Glory of Istar coming along SimDing0 btw?
There hasn't been much progress of late, but we're still vaguely alive. :)

LoOk

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 06:52:10 AM »
You should really finish it. The demo was as brilliant as the original game.
I've never seen a mod really do that in my opinion. But ontopic again: Can't wait for Fields of the Dead!

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 03:12:10 PM »
I don't mind waiting if that's what it costs to see Fields of the Dead in full glory. While I don't mind an earlier release without all the parts in it, I will rather wait until all the quests have come out.

-Galactygon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 03:26:35 PM »
At the moment a future add-on with new quests is not guaranteed. It is a possibility which will depend on a number of factors.

-Echon

Salk

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 04:55:43 PM »
My personal opionion: the most valuable part of this Mod lays, for me, in the AI improvements. The whole game is going to benefit from it and this is a great accomplishment. I also welcome as very positive innovations 90% of the new rules and spells.

This is the heart of the Mod and missing some quests or some areas is, at least for me, not that important. If what's above instead works like it should, well...We would be really getting another leverl of gameplay experience! And this is what I am hoping... ;)

What is more important instead, will be to make this Mod TuTu(fix) compatible so that one won't exclude the other. It would be a real shame...

LoOk

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 07:11:56 AM »
Nothing against TuTu, but I'd rather wait playing it. I really hated the spawning, non 3d accelaration (fixed by now) and some little errors.
I got reschange.exe so that I can play BG1 windowed. It doens't look that washed out than anymore. :)
But keep on modding Echon. My 'testweek' (a week of school in the Netherlands with only tests :( ) is just finished so I have got some gaming
time to fill. :D

Offline Worrow

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 05:57:37 PM »
Finally, after all these months :)

Good job!  But please add those quests in the future.

Salk

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 02:01:50 AM »
@LoOk

I agree so much with you that I have never played TuTu before... ;) But it's to the future we should be looking at. TuTu is not just a better resolution (which is anwyay very nice...Windowed gaming itches me...) but also other important innovations.

FotD's assured compatibility with TuTu is certainly not needed upon immediate release but it would be nice to know that *sometime* TuTu players could enjoy this great Mod too. Because, personally, the next time I am playing TotSC will be with TuTu, no doubt. I am patient and I can wait for both to come along together well... :D

LoOk

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 05:05:41 AM »
Man, can't wait to play this. Just out of curiousity Echon. What is nearing release in your world? :)
A month, a few weeks, a week or a few days? Or can't you really say anything about that?
Just finished playing Mercenaries on my Xbox so got nothing to play in the mornings anymore. :D

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 07:27:35 AM »
Probably a few weeks.

-Echon

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 10:49:43 AM »
I have a feeling of some sort it will fall on the 2 year anniversary of the mod.

-Galactygon

Offline Red Carnelian

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 04:15:06 PM »
Well done in completing this MOD Echon. I'm looking forward to playing it. My Stone of Askavar MOD should be compatible with it if I ever get to finishing it. Again well done :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: