Author Topic: Virtue and Cleric Stronghold  (Read 3356 times)

Charles

Virtue and Cleric Stronghold
« on: March 19, 2005, 04:13:12 PM »
Alright - so I'm playing a Cleric/Mage, alignment Lawful Neutral. I got out of Chateu D'Irenicus and went straight to the temple district to start the cleric quest. Now, between the time I started it, and the time I finished it - the time I killed the Eye - my alignment shifted to lawful evil. I spoke to the helm priest to finish the quest - but...his acolyte never spawns.

Now, my question is - and I don't know if anyone has considered this before - but shouldn't virtue changes affect the cleric stronghold? And....if you guys have already considered this, is some sort of bug relating to that causing this? Even if someone has set it so that I'd be kicked out, the acoylte contact isn't there to kick me out.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Virtue and Cleric Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 05:07:17 PM »
Isn't the acolyte part of the Helm stronghold quests? You can't gain the stronghold if your alignment is inappropriate, so the acolyte won't spawn. Is there anything in the priest's dialog that still reflects that he should spawn? Or have I just messed up completely, and the acolyte's actually required to complete the quest?

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 07:55:40 PM »
I thought LE cleric still went under helm.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 03:44:08 AM »
Only if you have Oversight installed.

Charles

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 08:45:41 AM »
Alright:

I've done some peering around, and here is what I've found:

1. Yes, the cleric /tells/ me to go to the Acoylte to receive instructions on the stronghold. I was referring to the /initial/ finishings of the Eye quest, when you report back and are given the stronghold, and told to speak to the Acoylte. He never spawned, however it shouldn't have mattered because - it turns out - I had oversight installed anyways.

So, its unclear /where/ this bug originates from. In any case, I just reloaded an old save game, and didn't report back - I ran around, got my alignment up to lawful neutral, and the bug didn't happen when I reported the quest done, and received the stronghold.

Thanks for the help guys.

Charles

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 10:38:51 AM »
Actually, further into it -  I've encountered further bugs. Its probably not virtue - I'm thinking it may be oversight, or perhaps a virtue/oversight combination, somehow. I managed to avoid the original bug, as stated...but now, on the final 'helm sends you to defend the Lathander temple against the stormknights, and convince them not to retaliate" quest - where your supposed to kill the stormknights, then convince the Lathander priests not to re-invade...well, I kill the stormknights, but then the (dead as of the beginning of the quest - you see a little 'dead' message, when the Helm Acoylte first gives it to you) Lathander Acoylte re-spawns, and tells me I'm no longer a priest of...Lathander, despite the fact I've never been of good alignment, and am currently a priest of helm. I'm doubting more and more that this is virtue's fault - but whatever it is, /something/ is seriously messing up the cleric quests.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 08:36:31 AM »
Oh, I think there's a fair chance that it is actually Virtue, hehe. I'll take a look into it, but there are obviously some things that definitely need fixing as far as the strongholds go. Thanks for letting me know.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: