Author Topic: The Prisoner.  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
The Prisoner.
« on: March 18, 2005, 12:25:49 PM »
So, as a break from writing an essay I thought I'd try my hand at writing some fanfic. I make no promises as to the quality, as it is both a first draft and I am perhaps not a writer by nature. I wonder how many people will realise what it is about before the end... All comments and suggestions welcome. :)

The small, dishevilled creature shivered in his cell. Dank, cold and alone, he cursed the uncaring gods for abandoning him in this place.

They had come for him one day, dour men in heavy robes. They judged him insane and brought him to this place, this room enclosed by four stone walls and ensorcelled with arcane wards. He did not know where, or why. What right did they have? At first they had visited him from time to time. They listened to his words, but never spoke back. So he cursed them too. There were no more visits after that.

Why had his lord and master not spared him from such a fate? Had he not been a faithful servant? There had been a time - and not too long ago - when he had walked the Sword Coast leading a bold party of adventurers, revelling in such infamy that their names commanded fear unequalled save by the mention of mobilisation for war on Amn.

And then... His memory was hazy. Something had gone wrong. Now he was here. But, had not his lord too succumbed to madness, and emerged from it all the stronger? And was it not true that there was always a reason for his lord's actions, which to a devoted follower would become clear in time? There must be a purpose, some reason for him to be here.

He felt that time was approaching. Perhaps a tenday or two ago he had heard muffled shouts, and the stones had shuddered as if a great battle of magical force had taken place. No food or water had been provided for a few days, and by the time he was next fed - as always, appearing as if delivered by an unseen hand - he was half-starved and his room liberally soiled. Since then the raving of the other inmates had become louder. The very air had taken on a darker, more oppressive quality. He could sense the taint of foul magic seeping into the fabric of the building Yes, he was sure a time of change was coming...

He was distracted from his musings by the sound of heavy footsteps heading his way along the corridor, and the faint glimmer of light from some magical lantern. Quickly, he gathered his wits, and as he saw the group approach a cruel smirk found its way across his face.

As the tall, powerful-looking wizard at the front of the group began to speak, the prisoner's attention was elsewhere. For behind the mage was another he knew. And he now knew too why he was in this asylum, why his lord had fated it that he *must* be here. He knew that the time for a change had come.

"This is Tiax. Not too much is known about him. He was found raving on the side of some road..."

For behind the wizard stood the Bhaalspawn.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: