Author Topic: Solo with a Party!  (Read 12593 times)

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
Re: Solo with a Party!
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005, 04:20:09 PM »
I meant can it be installed or uninstalled mid-game (not sure if you understood that or not).  I'm playing Warcraft 3 like mad so soon I'll get sick of it and return to BG2 and try out your mod =).

Is this mod only downloadable from this thread?  Because if it works it should be available all over the place, because if people are anything like me this is what they have been waiting for since BG2 came out.

Edit:  Hey.. would this work with BG1 TuTu?  I've been wanting to try out the NPC mods but also wanting to solo.  I probably wouldn't use it for BG1, but I'm curious.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 04:58:45 PM by BallOfFire »

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2005, 09:44:40 PM »
It's been mentioned earlier in my 3rd reply on the thread thread that it can be run mid-way, and it doesn't affect anything. :) In any case there is the readme file to look at. If you want to you can try it out, but it is still a little.. "unclean", so to speak. The new one I have is much better, and not only are the party members permanently protected, the Maze no longer shows irritating Maze graphics - the NPCs just disappear almost instantly when combat begins.

However, for some reason when I enter a new Area the Maze does not occur for quite a while. This means my party members lie around distracting the enemies (they won't die, though), which makes it a LOT easier than a pure Solo. To resolve this, saving game after you enter an area and Loading that Saved Game will make the Maze work quickly and effectively.

If you want to I can upload what I already have and post a link here, you'll probably find it better than my v1 Party Solo.
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »
Cool thanks.  Sorry for being lazy and having no memory.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 09:15:04 AM »
Well v2.0 is officlally finished! :) I will be starting a new thread for it, but the link is still in exactly the same place, as well as the new Readme overwrites the previous Readme link.
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 02:14:54 PM »
You're awesome =).

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »
Has anyone tried this mod yet? I'm curious as to how well it works and how fun it is. I tried playin with a full party and got bored in an hour, so I may install it this time after all.

I have it installed.  It's working fine so far but due to sidetracking, I haven't taken it very far yet.  It's fun and it provides a complete new set of tactics thinking.  (Suggestion: Multiclass your character or at least DualClass ;) )
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2005, 11:56:13 AM »
Why?  Just because you are essentially soloing or because of how this mod works specifically?

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2005, 12:01:09 PM »
errr ... why what?  Why haven't I taken it very far?  Because I've been busy proofing and writing and doing other things and not playing BGII.  Otherwise, please clarify.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline BallOfFire

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 02:20:39 PM »
Sorry I'm lazy.  Why multiclass or duel class?  Because of the mod or because it's easier for soloing?

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2005, 03:16:37 AM »
Because it makes your chances of survival greater :)

Unless of course, you're planning to use SK.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2005, 10:13:42 PM »
Have consolidated this Mod, along with some of other my Mods, into a little collection of Mods that can be found at the

http://www.pocketplane.net/zyraen

The files for the stand-alone versions will be removed from my site :) Thanks!

As this is a very old version of Solo with a Party, this thread will be locked.