Author Topic: Throne of Bhaal Unfinished Business  (Read 105648 times)

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
Re: Throne of Bhaal Unfinished Business
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2004, 08:15:18 PM »
Personally, I find that....a little bizarre. Since Bhaal was completely under Ao's sway, where does he get off constructing his throne in a place where Ao (and, therefore, himself) would have no power?

Ao doesn't allow deities who're more powerful than demigod status to have their main place of residence in the Realms, so it has to be elsewhere :).  BTW Bioware placing Bhaal's throne in the CE Abyss is yet another large boo-boos of their's: being a LE deity, his home plane is actually Gehenna.  Deites have most power in the plane they're currently in and the Prime world(s) on which they're worshipped, but they can grant spells to priests on other planes (see below).

Unfortunately I don't think there are any official publications detailing relationships between gods of one world and other worlds, so if anyone wanted to create a mod where an FR god called upon his non-Realms allies to do him a little "favour" or whatever, they'd just have make it up :).

Ah--you mean the "outer deities" could interfere with Realmspace creatures while they were outside Realmspace, yes?

Yep, if a deity has no connection to the Realms, Ao would be powerless to launch a reprisal against them if they decided to (say)  kill the PC while here were in the Abyss.  So f.ex the Greyhawk deity Hextor or the Dragonlance god Nuitari could happily slay our hero, were they so inclined.

And would priests of FR gods have power while they were outside their deities' sphere of influence?

Deities can't grant spells on worlds in the Prime Material plane that they're not worshipped on, unless they have specific permission of the "local" gods.  Many gods are worshipped on multiple worlds though, e.g. the Elven god Fenmarel Mestarine and the Halfling deity Urogalan are both worshipped on Oerth (Greyhawk) as well as in the Realms.  I believe the Drow goddess Lolth is supposed to be worshipped on hundreds of worlds.

When it comes to planes, this is just off the top off my head, but IIRC the further from the alignment of your deity's home plane you are, the less power they can grant you.  So if a priest of the LG deity Ilmater were in the CE Abyss, that'd be Good->Neutral->Evil, plus Lawful->Neutral->Chaotic.  Meaning the priest would be four planes removed from their god, and thus their spell casting would be limited to level 3 or lower... unless their deity decides to come along to that plane (which is very unlikely to happen in this case).  This is just from memory though, and I seem to remember it being a bit more complicated than that.  I'm sure someone else will come along who knows more than me regarding the subject :).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 07:01:59 AM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

discharger12

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2004, 09:20:45 PM »
Where do u guys get this stuff from? I want to read about it, but I don't know where to look...

Offline AkashaCatBat

• Loves Glowsticks
  • Planewalker
  • Teh Akasha
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2004, 10:09:13 PM »
Where do u guys get this stuff from? I want to read about it, but I don't know where to look...

D&D Manuals, I would assume. :)
"In this world of miracles, there's nothing wrong we can't make right." - Feeling Electric

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 09:15:28 PM »
And FR novels.
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

fallen demon

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2004, 11:49:14 PM »
druid grove in tethyr.  I dont have any proof of this in terms of rescued files, but both Jahiera and Cernd came from druid groves in the area (safe to assume the same one) and in an early soa lovetalk Jahiera expresses intrest in returning to tethyr.  So it seems like there should have been a sidequest or at least some dialouge related to the subject.

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2004, 01:37:05 AM »
But we don't see all of Tethyr, do we? The grove in question could be much further south...

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2004, 09:27:14 AM »
I don't recall Cernd ever mentioning where his grove is.  He does, however, mention in his joining dialog that he has been sent from the north - and Tethyr is to the south.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2004, 09:56:52 AM »
So either the instruction manuals wrong or he went the long way from tethyr to amn.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline MagusWizardo

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2004, 01:08:38 AM »
So either the instruction manuals wrong or he went the long way from tethyr to amn.
The former is not unusual. ;)

Offline sotona

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2004, 05:01:17 AM »
No, that meant your friends would turn into Slayer Shadows when they died (instead of Melissan just summonning the Shadows).
I really think you people should concentrate on useful restorations. It's a shame to waste so much time on making final TOB fight more and more and more challenging.  :-\

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2004, 09:21:52 AM »
No, that meant your friends would turn into Slayer Shadows when they died (instead of Melissan just summonning the Shadows).
I really think you people should concentrate on useful restorations. It's a shame to waste so much time on making final TOB fight more and more and more challenging.  :-\

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with you on this one.  :)
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

TheHound

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2004, 10:54:43 AM »
adding to the list at the start of the post originally if u carried sarevoks sword through to tob it got an upgrade so he could use it but that was cut. the original upgraded sword is still in the game

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2004, 11:03:51 AM »
Quote from: TheHound
adding to the list at the start of the post originally if u carried sarevoks sword through to tob it got an upgrade so he could use it but that was cut. the original upgraded sword is still in the game
The upgrade is included in Ascension.
The Gibberlings Three Forums

<SimDing0> Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
<CamDawg> Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2004, 11:14:04 PM »
The former is not unusual. ;)
True, but the latters been known to happen, I don't know of any compasses or know direction spells so he could get lost.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2004, 10:43:41 PM »
There are lines in TOB coded for a CG Korgan.

Would you happen to have some examples of that?
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2004, 10:48:45 PM »
His "Leaving/Rejoining Party" lines.  If he's CE, they reflect his bloodthirsty viciousness--if he's CG, they're a lot calmer and friendlier.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2004, 05:34:49 AM »
Would Sarevok's invalid script assignment count as UB? It is on Kevin Dorner's "bugs fixed" list, but who knows if he is ever coming back?
  • Five entries in Sarevok's soundset were supposed to change if his alignment did, but failed to due to an invalid script reference

I have included the fix in the NPC Kit Pack, I don't recall if any other mods include a fix. Here is the tp2 code:
Code: [Select]
COPY_EXISTING ~sarevok.cre~ ~override/sarevok.cre~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~SAREVOK~
  WRITE_BYTE 0x24f 0x00
  WRITE_LONG 0x260 0x00000000
  WRITE_LONG 0x264 0x00000000

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2004, 07:03:04 AM »
Ah, very nice, Idobek.  You don't mind if I add that to UB?  I'm assuming this isn't something fixed by Ascension, either, correct?

EDIT: Why can I never spell Ascension correctly the first time??
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 07:39:05 AM by Icelus »
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Idobek

• Dust Bunny
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2004, 07:27:02 AM »
Bugger, yes, it is fixed by Ascension but in a different way. I'll sort out the best way to do this fix and send it to you.

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2004, 09:27:59 AM »
now that;s nice new thingie's :D

more dragons is a real good thing i love :D

mazzy&korgan yea right dream on...i mean korgan is crazy ^^

about yoshimo returning might be possible..by all means what else is resurrection for? :D

but there needs to be much more for yoshimo then. and if yoshimo then suna must also come back right? i mean she was under the same gas as yoshi

just get them in bg/tob makes it alot more intresting :D

maybe yoshi and suna come back when you fighting mellisan :D

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2004, 05:50:39 PM »
Do remember that someone who dies to a Geas can,t be raised or resurrected. It would take a Wish to do that (and wishes should age the caster anyway, so it's not like people cast them everyday)

Aristothenes

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2004, 07:22:15 AM »
Isn't the map of Athkatla, and Saradush totally wrong, versus the P&P representation?
There are at least 3 or more bars missing.
But here I go again making work where none should care...

Offline discharger12

• Truth?
  • Planewalker
  • k
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2004, 11:05:41 AM »
Isn't the map of Athkatla, and Saradush totally wrong, versus the P&P representation?
There are at least 3 or more bars missing.
But here I go again making work where none should care...

Well, Bioware wasn't really worried on making alot of the game P&P similar, as you can see in alot of the game.

Offline Angryj

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2004, 06:38:35 PM »
Whatever you include in the ToB portion of UB will be much appreciated not to mention downloaded post haste :)  Be assured that most of the folks who play this mod and others are forever indebted to all involved.  If you make a mod they will download it 8)  I personally thank everyone involved in the creation of UB :D
Death comes for us all.  Are you ready?

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2004, 09:17:51 AM »

as the readme indicates that this serious ToB stuff is still in the future, i'll go ahead and sling in my tuppence...

-Sarevok's remorse for Tamoko
  yesyesyesyesyes.
and Yoshimo
? i definitely missed something here.  what - you tell him the story of the geas &c and he dwells on it and - knowing the feeling of a bound or irretrievable soul, i suppose...

-Mazzy's redemption of Korgan
meh, kind of inclined to dislike that idea, but...  dialogue can surprise me, y'know?  as long as it's cheeseless... seems to me like it'd have to be pretty clever to tweak/sidestep korgan's temper; it'd have to be really deed-centered, not ever hinging on debate (i mean, he's not exactly wired to be contemplative, if you disagree with him that's just another excuse to snap)

-The Cold Mistress in Saradush
abso-flippin'-lutely.  saradush has way too little going on.

-The return of Yoshimo (not likely...)
i understand...  although to be able to choose this event over a new Power, perhaps...
 my first time in the pp, i felt a surge of hope when i saw him on The List...  even after the let-down, there was a residual thought of 'well, would they really have bothered to put him on the list if there was NO WAY you could get him back?'  and of course the answer is yes, but...

-Saemon disguising party as monks
cunning!  i like.  although - for what purpose exactly?  another alternative to entering the monastery to confront balthazar?  or [infinitely preferable] an earlier infiltration / reconaissance scheme?

-More obvious clue for WK
hear, hear!  yet something tells me i have recently heard/seen something to this effect somewhere...

-Bounty hunters
better believe it!

-Melissan turning your friends
yeah, you know, i'm throwing in with sotona and icelus on this one.  enough with the melissan fight already.

-Illasera's return
dig the simulacrum story; like jester i'd be happy to see her again  :pirate

-The yellow dragon and his eggs
i'm always up for more dragon action.  especially if there's some PLOT along with it (and substantially different from adalon's deal, i trust)

-Extended item descriptions
hey, you DID do this!  ;D  and damn fine work it is, too.

-Cespenar's Flask
i'm all for adding quests based on cespenar, but not more items, please.  unless it righteously involves an expenditure in the six-figure range.
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: