Author Topic: Banter Pack/Item Upgrade conflict?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline DrFraud

• Planewalker
Banter Pack/Item Upgrade conflict?
« on: February 27, 2005, 01:10:25 PM »
A couple days ago, I did a clean reinstall of BG2 and added about thirty mods, including the Banter Pack and Item Upgrade mod.  (What can I say, I like variety.   ;D )  Needless to say, I don't remember the exact install order, but I definitely remember installing the Banter Pack a few mods before the Item Upgrade mod.  When I tried to talk to Cromwell about the standard Bioware upgrades (i.e., "tell me what I have that can be combined"), I got a windowful of lines about asking Valygar a question, teaching rock-paper-scissors to Boo and several other comments which presumably came from the Banter Pack instead.  When I did another clean reinstall and this time added the Item Upgrade mod, then the Flirt Pack and then the Banter Pack (and then the twenty-five other mods, minus three that didn't work/were a joke/were too cheesy), that particular conversation worked like it was supposed to again.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Banter Pack/Item Upgrade conflict?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 01:13:50 PM »
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17582.msg237531#msg237531

(This is not a conflict, this is an install order problem.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 01:21:07 PM by jcompton »
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 03:53:40 PM »
I'm inclined to think that there's a problem with Item Upgrade, since it ALWAYS gets mentioned in problems like this. Of course, it's quite possible that the people who use Item Upgrade are the same people who use stuff like TDD, but... it's worth double-checking.

Offline SeanFan

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 05:36:44 PM »
I'm inclined to think that there's a problem with Item Upgrade, since it ALWAYS gets mentioned in problems like this. Of course, it's quite possible that the people who use Item Upgrade are the same people who use stuff like TDD, but... it's worth double-checking.

I've had this problem for a while now (I get Kelsey lovetalks instead of the upgrade options when I ask Cromwell to check through my stuff), and I have absolutely no non-Weidu mods installed. Seems like there's something about the Item Upgrade mod that makes it particularly sensitive to the installation order. Jason, do you know happen to know whether it's better to install Item Upgrade as one of the first mods or the last?

As I said, I've had this problem for a while, but it's never seemed worthwhile to do a whole reinstall just to correct it--it only affects the items that could be upgraded in the ummodded game. My work-around is that I just use Shadowkeeper to replace the un-upgraded item with the upgraded one.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »
I don't see anything in IU that should make it a special case, so I still have to think this is a coincidence brought on by installing the patch/TOB out of order.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline SeanFan

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 07:32:02 PM »
I don't see anything in IU that should make it a special case, so I still have to think this is a coincidence brought on by installing the patch/TOB out of order.

The Bioware TOB patch? In my most recent install, I'm certain I did SOA->TOB->TOB patch, which *is* the right order, isn't it?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 08:10:19 PM »
Yes, that's the correct order. But it's amazing how many people will blank out and do the patch after they've installed some mods, or etc.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: